March's number is ......

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

March's number is ......

Sorry I wanted to post a few days earlier, but life got in the way. I was inspired by this month as we celebrate St.Patricks, dream of leprechauns, rainbows and pots of gold. So in the hopes that we all find our pot of gold coins this month, I chose this way to pick the number.

Hubby pulled number ...... 6. I hope that it's a good one for you and that you can get your heart and soul behind it.

Click image for larger version

Name:	March-coins.jpg
Views:	108
Size:	106.7 KB
ID:	1967699 Click image for larger version

Name:	6-March.jpg
Views:	187
Size:	942.6 KB
ID:	1967698

Enjoy life and do what makes you happy. Everything else will follow.

Every day I try to do one thing that challenges my comfort zone.

That is the one I was really hoping/planning to do next. Thank you to your hubby!
    Lyn

If I ever got it all together, I'd be too tired to do anything with it.
    🙄

Comment

• SuzanneOrleansOntario
      SuzanneOrleansOntario commented
      Editing a comment
      I let him have some of the chocolate coins.

I'm SO excited about my #6...it's been on the shelf since 2012!
    Michele

to the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world...

Comment

Thanks Suzanne and hubby! So far I have been a rebel and not followed the numbers, lol. I'm just working on what I want. I am getting things checked off my list though...and adding some extras I've done.
      Rainy days are for quilting. Thank goodness I live in a rainforest! 😁

Comment

• SuzanneOrleansOntario
        Editing a comment
        That's ok -- I go off track some times, but I know that eventually I will get them mostly all done. You've got to go where the wind blows.

Click image for larger version

Name:	image_122891.jpg
Views:	95
Size:	3.00 MB
ID:	1968332 Taking on all my Halloween projects early in the year! My #6 is more about practicing with the embroidery as quilting function of my new machine (using a panel, so no piecing involved) so that will be fun. I’m looking forward to finishing one of these hangings...the plan is to use it to cover our fuse box, which is in our living area, and we’ve been staring at for the past 5 years.

Comment

• Hillbillyhike
        Hillbillyhike commented
        Editing a comment
        I have a quilt covering our fuse box in my bedroom. Your panel looks awesome.

• SuzanneOrleansOntario
        Editing a comment
        That's a good plan. Love that panel. I have accumulated quite a few Halloween themed fabrics and panels -- just got to put them on my list to make.

Well I've been distracted quilter this month. I haven't worked on my #3 except to purchase hopefully the last fabrics for the top-- still no design plan. I've been working on scraps from hunter star quilt -- lots of wastage, but going to good use. Another top is almost done.

How are you doing on March's number -- was it a good one for you?

Comment

• AnitaGirl
        AnitaGirl commented
        Editing a comment
        I am still working on small projects - a great pick for me right now with still lots of re-moving in to our repaired house. I have finished several curtains (boring!), finished three cushions, done some machine appliqué (one of my slowdown spots) and done a little bit of piecing of projects ahead to keep me motivated. The small projects are unfinished because I got to a spot where the technique is not my favorite and put them aside. So this is good character building for me (haha)
        There are still a couple more weeks of March so we'll see how much more I get done. Thanks for the motivation, ladies and guys. I'll post pictures at the end of the month.
        Last edited by AnitaGirl; March 16, 2021, 10:25 AM.

I have been completely just working on the number I want to , lol. But I am getting things checked off my list.
      Rainy days are for quilting. Thank goodness I live in a rainforest! 😁

Comment

I'm still cutting my #3. It's a little slow going because the pattern is all bias pieces so I'm starching first.
        Michele

to the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world...

Comment

I just finished binding my March project...got much more comfortable positioning the embroidery patterns, so it was good practice. I’m currently on spring break, excitedly anticipating April’s number!

Comment

Well -- I did make progress on planning my GS's quilt. Its hockey/sport themed on one side. The other I haven't found fabrics to go with it -- my DD thinks he would love dinosaurs. My dilemma is that he is a 4 year old. The sport panels I got are more for older into adulthood. I am struggling with putting dinosaurs or small trucks / trains on other side as seems ok now, but will be juvenile later. Maybe I need to re-think the quilt he gets as it will be a queen size. He will not need until they move into their new house, hopefully some time in the fall.
            I did finish my February quilts and got a few more tops made, and some VQC tops quilted, so I am happy that I got things accomplished. I also made a table runner with Easter fabrics which was on my <tackle> list.

Comment

I was able to complete the piecing of my #6. It went so much quicker than I thought it would. Now I’m waiting for the Christmas flannels to come out to find a backing. Maybe some will be coming in July when Christmas in July starts.
              Carlie

Comment

2021 Fantastic Finishing Group

About this Group

Do you have some UFOs (UnFinished Objects) that you want to finish? Are you having a hard time choosing what to finish next, or are you just not feeling motivated? Do you have some specific goals you want to complete in 2021? This group is for you! We have a fun way to get those projects done in 2021.

Here is how it works.

First, you create a list, numbered from 1 - 12, of 1) things you want to finish; 2) OR projects you want to do; 3) OR a combination of 1 and 2. Then, you post your list to this group. (You can edit and change your list at any time.)

Every month, this group will publish a random number between 1 - 12. We will each work on that number from our list. If you prefer to do your list in a particular order, you can certainly do it that way as well. When you have finished your project, please post a picture here as well.

We’re here to support each other. It’s amazing how knowing what project to tackle helps to motivate us to finish what we start.
              Type: Public
              Topics: 25
              Comments: 211

Latest Group Topics

Collapse

Working...
              X