Cathy's List by Toggpine

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cathy's List by Toggpine

I crapped out on my list from last year. I actually didn't sew much at all beyond masks.
    I'm giving another try for 2021.

1.Sharon's quilt (FMQ part left)
    2. Kimberley's quilt (quilting)
    3. Zebra quilt (quilting)
    4. Cutting mat & ruler tote (construction)
    5. Sasquatch flannel quilt (finish cutting, construct, quilt)
    6. Halloween quilt (Mom's = quilting, Mine=construct & quilt)
    7. Trip Around the World Quilt (place blocks to finish top, quilt)
    8. Christmas Trip around the World (place blocks to finish top, quilt)
    9. Elephant quilt (CT laser cut appliqué)
    10. 100 Elephants & 1 mouse quilt (design, construct, quilt)
    11. Holiday panel quilts
    Be who you are and say what you feel
    because those who mind don't matter,
    and those who matter don't mind. - Dr. Seuss

http://www.toggpine.wordpress.com

I worked on Sharon's quilt and have 2 blocks of FMQ done. I thought the parts left only needed black thread, but I was mistaken. I needed a few other colors. Ooops! Maybe I need to double check my project before I toss it in a bag and haul it off with me 3 hours from home!

While I was at the beach with the ladiesI also finished constructing the apron I have had cut out for a year. That wasn't officially on the list, but it's done.
    Aaand because I can NOT stay out of a quilt shop, I bought a new birthday panel for our classroom, and a kit for a set of eyeglasses cases, and some fabric to make a few more in colors that I like better. I was supporting a small business. That's my story and I'm sticking to it!
    Be who you are and say what you feel
    because those who mind don't matter,
    and those who matter don't mind. - Dr. Seuss

http://www.toggpine.wordpress.com

Comment

• SuzanneOrleansOntario
      SuzanneOrleansOntario commented
      Editing a comment
      That's great that you got another UFO done,
      Ok --I'm not getting it -- you were sewing at the beach? I'm jealous.
      I would add these under your #5 UFO as 5.1 and DONE. Great.

• toggpine
      toggpine commented
      Editing a comment
      Suzanne,
      Every January, a group of us get together at our timeshare condo on the Washington coast. It has towering windows that look out over the jetty. We usually storm watch from inside instead of plopping in beach chairs to catch a few rays. This year we had dangerous surf warnings and were woken up with 20' waves crashing over the jetty wall Saturday morning.

We get the woodstove going, drag out our projects, and chatter away. We've had scrapbooking, knitting, crocheting, painting, weaving, sewing, cross stitching, quilting happen in that living room.

We catch up on each other's lives, laugh and cry over the events. This year there were only half of us due to Covid situations. It worked out OK, but we missed our friends.
2021 Fantastic Finishing Group

About this Group

Do you have some UFOs (UnFinished Objects) that you want to finish? Are you having a hard time choosing what to finish next, or are you just not feeling motivated? Do you have some specific goals you want to complete in 2021? This group is for you! We have a fun way to get those projects done in 2021.

Here is how it works.

First, you create a list, numbered from 1 - 12, of 1) things you want to finish; 2) OR projects you want to do; 3) OR a combination of 1 and 2. Then, you post your list to this group. (You can edit and change your list at any time.)

Every month, this group will publish a random number between 1 - 12. We will each work on that number from our list. If you prefer to do your list in a particular order, you can certainly do it that way as well. When you have finished your project, please post a picture here as well.

We’re here to support each other. It’s amazing how knowing what project to tackle helps to motivate us to finish what we start.
Type: Public
Topics: 23
Comments: 160

Latest Group Topics

Collapse

Working...
X