5. "Trick or Treat" embroidery Victoria Sampler

6. The Happy Childhood cross stitch motif sampler

7."Silk Wisteria" silk ribbon embroidery Victoria Sampler

8. Country Diary/Wildflower embroidery

9. TBD

10. TBD

11. TBD

12. TBD

After having been in these groups for a few years I am just going to bow to reality and leave blank spaces, since I can't predict what projects will pop up, but I do want to do more embroidery than needlepoint this year. I've been watching a stitcher and cross stitch designer on YouTube for inspiration.
    Last edited by kimsophia; February 24, 2021, 12:02 PM.

I just started doing some embroidery this year, i hope to do more. I'm curious about your Kaffe Fassett project!
    Rainy days are for quilting. Thank goodness I live in a rainforest! ๐Ÿ˜

Comment

• kimsophia
      kimsophia commented
      Editing a comment
      Well, allow me to bore you with TMI, but Kaffe Fassett is kinda important to me as an artist and I have a lot of his books. I learned about him from his quilt fabrics that Missouri Star sells. He also designs needlepoint for a big English needlework company called Ehrman's. They sell kits of his stuff and his designs of cauliflower and broccoli became hugely popular. He also has one of swiss chard that I am itching to do. He sometimes takes old Victorian seed catalogs and botanical prints and turns them into some fabric or stitching project, sometimes with wild coloring. Actually that's sort of an Andy Warhol kind of idea to think of it...anyway, I want to do his pea plant pillow, because I have a free pattern of it from a book, but he used almost all green. I want to include some purple because there really are purple pea pods. I'm assembling the yarns for it.

Here's a link to some photos of his needlepoint: okay, apparently the link didn't work but if you go on Google Images and enter Kaffe Fassett needlepoint you can see photos

Online shopping has been a great blessing but not being able to see fabrics and yarn in person and their true colors and how they interact has complicated my life. I can find no local store that carries needlepoint yarn...
      Last edited by kimsophia; December 16, 2020, 11:11 PM.

• Hillbillyhike
      Hillbillyhike commented
      Editing a comment
      The link doesn't work kimsophia, but it sounds awesome. I will check it out the slow way lol.

I managed to sprain/dislocate my left thumb while I was sleeping which has pretty much ruled out stitching since I can't thread my yarn through the tapestry needles :P

Comment

• toggpine
      toggpine commented
      Editing a comment
      On no!
      I hope it recovers quickly and you can get back to stitching.

• SuzanneOrleansOntario
      SuzanneOrleansOntario commented
      Editing a comment
      Ouch -- I can feel that. I hope it recovers quickly.

Thanks for your concern...I still have to keep it taped but I did manage to thread a needle and stitch one leaf yesterday. It's slower when working one handed but it's nice to make some progress.

Comment

I timed myself to see how much I could get done in 17 minutes. One and a half leaves was the result. I had the outlines stitched so I was filling in those. I was sure I'd get four done. lol I'm overestimating my abilities once more

Comment

I was aware Kaffe Fassett created with other fiber arts but never paid much attention. Those vegetable needlepoints are amazing!!
        Michele

to the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world...

Comment

It's interesting to read about everyone's projects...here my left thumb is better and I am wearing my wrist brace that I use when my right hand carpal tunnel is acting up. It's hard to hold a needle when your hand is all numb so it helps! Today I've gotten a corner of the pea plant project filled in with stitches. I am substituting an off white yarn for the dark green background in the original. It looks more like a botanical drawing that way, I think. I have fun personalizing my projects. And background filling is a complete no brainer, so there's just the pleasure of stitching. We are in for a frigid week below zero here in Iowa so I'll be running the gas fireplace to make the living room cozy. The cat has already settled in the chair closest to the heat! The sky, roofs and ground are all white and the driveway snow pile is up to the bottom of the mailbox. It's a good time to be stitching.

Comment

I'm down to filling in the last of the background yarn on the pea plant needlepoint. Since my left thumb healed up I've been working quickly and steadily, although I seem to have some bursitis in my right elbow now...good grief, it's always somethin'! Anyway if I don't put any pressure on the elbow like leaning on the the mattress or chair arm, it feels okay.

I read back to my list and said I wanted to do more embroidery this year but mainly I'm fired up to needlepoint a Kaffe Fassett swiss chard in crazy colors. I'd like it to match the Cayenne quilt of his that I made but I'm not sure I have matching shades on hand for that...hmm....

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	P1040190.JPG
Views:	21
Size:	201.5 KB
ID:	1966689

Comment

• SuzanneOrleansOntario
                SuzanneOrleansOntario commented
                Editing a comment
                Wow -- you have the patience of an angel.

I couldn't get the above photo to upload if I had text with it in the reply box, so all I was going to say was that I'm blocking the pea plant needlepoint now to square it up. I hope to put the swiss chard on the back side of this pillow eventually.

Comment

That looks great! So much patience needed. I tried years ago to crosstitch but had my SIL finish mine lol. She offered.
                Rainy days are for quilting. Thank goodness I live in a rainforest! ๐Ÿ˜

Comment

2021 Fantastic Finishing Group

About this Group

Do you have some UFOs (UnFinished Objects) that you want to finish? Are you having a hard time choosing what to finish next, or are you just not feeling motivated? Do you have some specific goals you want to complete in 2021? This group is for you! We have a fun way to get those projects done in 2021.

Here is how it works.

First, you create a list, numbered from 1 - 12, of 1) things you want to finish; 2) OR projects you want to do; 3) OR a combination of 1 and 2. Then, you post your list to this group. (You can edit and change your list at any time.)

Every month, this group will publish a random number between 1 - 12. We will each work on that number from our list. If you prefer to do your list in a particular order, you can certainly do it that way as well. When you have finished your project, please post a picture here as well.

Weโ€™re here to support each other. Itโ€™s amazing how knowing what project to tackle helps to motivate us to finish what we start.
                Type: Public
                Topics: 23
                Comments: 160

Latest Group Topics

Collapse

Working...
                X