2017 Temperature Quilt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

And that's it, folks.....Good bye 2017

Got my tops finished. Just need to figure out the plan from here. Thinking about combining the temperature quilts into one quilt with some sort of separator in between them.

I bought some snowflake buttons for the precipitation quilt to indicate snow. I was going to go a little crazy on the temperature quilt and get some fun buttons for all of the holidays, birthdays, etc. but ultimately decided against it so as not to take away from the story of the temperature change.

This was a fun journey over the course of the year...but I am glad it's done.

At least I only have to complete the Dec placemat and I'll be done.

I did pull out my January mat from last year and put it on the kitchen table. Now the fun! I can't believe that last year it was highs 30 and 40's this time of year. Nights were the 30's with a few 20's. Now OMG it looks like low teens and single digits for highs through mid January. Lows are much more bitter. What a difference from last year. I cringe to think what my fuel bill is going to be for January :-(
    https://forum.missouriquiltco.com/co.../icon_wave.gif
    Women are Angels. When someone break's our wings we will continue to fly-usually on a broomstick.We're flexible like that.

Comment

Carlie - LOL...placemats was such a good idea.

I'm feeling a bit lost. Went to look up temperatures for yesterday and realized this is a daily habit I no longer need.

Comment

Did it overwhelm almost everyone? I think I've only seen three of us still posting. That was definitely a major commitment for 2017 LOL
        https://forum.missouriquiltco.com/co.../icon_wave.gif
        Women are Angels. When someone break's our wings we will continue to fly-usually on a broomstick.We're flexible like that.

Comment

I'm still hopeful!! I have all the temperatures and have started cutting the fabric (had a change of mind early on in the year). I WILL get it done - it's going to be a table runner!!

Comment

2017 Temperature Quilt

About this Group

Group for creating a quilt based on daily temperatures for 2017
          Type: Public
          Topics: 16
          Comments: 81

Owner

Latest Group Topics

Collapse

Working...
          X