No announcement yet.

2017 Temperature Quilt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

May's Done - How is your project coming along?

I posted a picture of my temperature quilts. I think this is the 5th time I've remade them. I am finally happy with them. Happy enough that I can stop questioning whether I can make them better. I think/hope.

Putting my precipitation quilt on hold for now although I am still recording the daily precipitation levels. I have remade that one 3 times and am still not happy yet with my fabric choices. It should not be this hard to find 5 blue batiks that I love that progress from light blue to dark blue. SIGH.

Please post photos of your progress.

I posted Jan to April and don't like it. After studying the picture I realised a) the dark green is too dark and b) the lilac and pale blue don't have enough contrast between them!

So I have bought a nice green - more of an apple green and a very light blue. Also decided to make the days 1.5" x 4" finished so the quilt will be 46.5" x 48" without borders - it will make a nice throw. So once I get back home at the weekend I will be starting from scratch.

However I have bought the backing etc for my April & May UFO's so need to get on with those - no excuses now!!

Comment

I just uploaded the picture for January-May. I'm pretty pleased with it...I like the colors and the size. I finally did buy all the fabrics needed...I have been buying them as I needed them.

Comment

Now I see that next week has 117 forecast...my fabric only goes to 119. I hope we don't hit 120 (and for more reasons than just fabric...that is HOT!)

Comment

khamilton, I love how your colors are turning out and I think the size is perfect. Great job
          https://forum.missouriquiltco.com/co.../icon_wave.gif
          Women are Angels. When someone break's our wings we will continue to fly-usually on a broomstick.We're flexible like that.

Comment

Thank you! The daily strips are 2.5 x 5.5...they just fit into sandwich bags for easy storage.

Comment

2017 Temperature Quilt

About this Group

Group for creating a quilt based on daily temperatures for 2017
            Type: Public
            Topics: 16
            Comments: 81

Owner

Latest Group Topics

Collapse

Working...
            X