2017 Temperature Quilt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

May is just around the corner!!!

Well my journey so far has been fraught!! In January I picked my colours and decided to sash a mid grey between each month! When I added February it was 2+ inches short so I ripped it out only to find that whilst a couple of seams were either a tad bigger or smaller than 1/4 inch, the main problem was I had missed 28th Feb out!!

I sewed it all together again but hated the grey sashing - out it came and I am just sewing the months in strips!! Will finish April on Monday and will post my progress. Haven't decided what it will be once it's finished as it will measure 62 x 24 without borders!!!

No worries - I remade mine 4 (?) times because I just didn't love my fabrics or my design, etc. Luckily I did that at the end of January so it wasn't too much rework. I still feel like I could have done better with my color choices but I'm sticking with it. Now that more colors are making it into the quilt it's looking more awesome.

Comment

Taken a photo of January to April but unsure of the size, I think it will look too wide for a wall hanging but too small for a lap quilt. Maybe I will make it into a table runner! Any ideas?

Comment

I finished the strips for March and April, and have to attach them to the January/February piece. May's strip is mostly done...have to wait for some fabric to arrive. It was triple digits in the beginning of May, and I didn't think we'd have them so soon, so I didn't even have that fabric!

If we go over 120, I don't have fabric for that. I think I've experienced that once in the past 11 years I've been in Arizona, so it shouldn't happen!

Comment

I finished April's placemat. I didn't upload the back which was the low temps for the month. I wasn't thrilled with it. I didn't like how the umbrella turned out (April showers). Didn't like the colors. I kind of fell behind the last month and half and wasn't feeling very creative so I'm so/so about this one. May will be flower based I think.
          https://forum.missouriquiltco.com/co.../icon_wave.gif
          Women are Angels. When someone break's our wings we will continue to fly-usually on a broomstick.We're flexible like that.

Comment

2017 Temperature Quilt

About this Group

Group for creating a quilt based on daily temperatures for 2017
          Type: Public
          Topics: 16
          Comments: 81

Owner

Latest Group Topics

Collapse

Working...
          X