• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Cathy F
    Missouri Star
    • Jan 2012

kitchen boa for Carlie

This is the boa my friend makes. They do well at the craft fairs.

The green fabric is 42 inches long and cut 14 inches wide. The green is folded in half sew right sides together, turned, and pressed with the seam in the middle of the back. It hits about thigh length about where you'd wipe your hands on your pants, so it keeps them clean, and the towels are folded in thirds so can be used to take a hot pan out of the oven.

You could certainly adjust the length but this seems to work well for reaching in the oven.
    Attached Files
    Visit my Flickr page, sewing and cakes!
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/90704986@N07/
  • Carol336
    Missouri Star
    • May 2013

Re: kitchen boa for Carlie

That is way cool - I might have to give them a try

Comment

• Grey Lady
      The Guild President
      • Jan 2015

Way, way cool. I had never heard of this. hope to make one for New Years Day. Thanks for posting this.
      Diana Grey

Comment

• Babs quilts
        Binding Belle
        • Sep 2018

What a great idea! Thanks for all the info.

Comment

• Carlie Wolf
          Missouri Star
          • Oct 2013

I don't think I'd adjust the length either Cathy. That was just what I was thinking. They just look so darn easy, great way to use up some scraps too if I wanted. Just think, and the old ones I can always use to kneel on when I garden :-)
          https://forum.missouriquiltco.com/co.../icon_wave.gif
          Women are Angels. When someone break's our wings we will continue to fly-usually on a broomstick.We're flexible like that.

Comment

• Hulamoon
            Missouri Star
            • Jul 2012

Originally posted by Carlie Wolf View Post
            I don't think I'd adjust the length either Cathy. That was just what I was thinking. They just look so darn easy, great way to use up some scraps too if I wanted. Just think, and the old ones I can always use to kneel on when I garden :-)
            The first thing I thought was 'I would use that in the Garden' instead of an apron!
            🌺 Lorie

Comment

• Cathy F
              Missouri Star
              • Jan 2012

Originally posted by Carlie Wolf View Post
              I think kitchen towels do so well at craft fairs because everyone's kitchen towels looks dingy by the end of the year ( I know mine get spills on them and stained) and they want a nice pretty one to put out for the holidays. I put out my holiday towels in the kitchen and tell the family they are for show only and put them away at the end of the holiday. Wipe your hands on the old ones! LOL!
              Visit my Flickr page, sewing and cakes!
              http://www.flickr.com/photos/90704986@N07/

Comment

• URIBARRI-MAYOR
                Missouri Star
                • Nov 2013

I love it, it seems elegant and very useful, I am going to try it, it will be a nice gift for our three Kings day

Comment

• Bubby
                  Missouri Star
                  • Jun 2011

Originally posted by Cathy F View Post
                  This is the boa my friend makes. They do well at the craft fairs.

The green fabric is 42 inches long and cut 14 inches wide. The green is folded in half sew right sides together, turned, and pressed with the seam in the middle of the back. It hits about thigh length about where you'd wipe your hands on your pants, so it keeps them clean, and the towels are folded in thirds so can be used to take a hot pan out of the oven.

You could certainly adjust the length but this seems to work well for reaching in the oven.
                  Great idea, Cathy. These would surely be very good sellers at a craft fair. I love your red truck towel, too.
                  sigpicwww.whisperofrose.blogspot.com

Scottie Mom Barb

Comment

Working...
                  X