• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Jean Sewing Machine
    Missouri Star
    • Jan 2012

Good morning from the Emerald Isle!

Just got back last night from a 12 day visit to Ireland. None of my pictures will load so I can't share the beauty of this gorgeous place on earth. We visited a friend who has a holiday home in SE Co. Cork, then went on to take day trips to the Ring of Kerry, Cliffs of Moher, Kilkenny, Waterford, Cobh, and Dublin and Limmerick. There is something to see that is interesting everywhere in Ireland! Lots of castles, cathedrals, and LOTS OF ROCKS! My friend and I are already planning our next trip!
  • BethB
    The Guild President
    • Oct 2014

Re: Good morning from the Emerald Isle!

Sounds like you had a fantastic journey!!! Too bad you were not able to load some pics.

Nancy

Comment

• Klasien
      Missouri Star
      • Oct 2011

Sounds like ots of fun!
      Next time you visit Europe please cross the sea and come over to the netherlands.

Good luck on getting over the time difference ����
      It ain't no sin to be glad you're alive!

www.memoryquiltsbyklasien.nl

Comment

• JCY
        Missouri Star
        • Jul 2013

Good Morning, Everyone ~ Speaking of the Netherlands, Klasien, my DIL is from Spakenburg. I found it interesting that teams in the last episode of the Amazing Race were in the Netherlands. I loved the 2 wks. I spent there when my DS#1 & his wife married in a very traditional Dutch wedding back in 1990. My DIL's mother still wears the traditional Dutch costume.

Brr! It's cold this a.m. Only 46 deg. We have the furnace on. It's a bit chilly for almost the end of June. We had rain yest. The temp. barely squeaked up to 70 (briefly); mostly it was in the 60's. It's supposed to warm up tomorrow & the rest of the week.

Yest. the only sewing I got done was cutting & stitching together strips for binding. After a morning's work of house cleaning, I was tired & not feeling very ambitious.

This a.m. will be church, & a stop on the way home for a few groc. Hopefully, an afternoon of sewing.

Comment

• LauraP
          Missouri Star
          • Dec 2015

Jean I am sooooo jealous. My sister has also been and she is in love with it too.
          I was busy yesterday NOT! I slept until 3:30 pm then felt pretty good. I must have really needed it. I did manage to clean the bathroom and work some more on the wolf pillow I am making for an early July birthday. I should get it done today if I get my Tush in gear.
          sigpic

Comment

• Claire Hallman
            Missouri Star
            • Jun 2011

Ireland is so lush and gorgeous. It is amazing to be driving along and see there is a castle ruin just standing in a field.Such warm and lovely people everywhere. We are going back to Ireland in 2020 to Cobh, I am really looking forward to it.

It rained here yesterday and brought the temps down a bit, a relief for sure. It looks like we could get more rain today which would be fine by me. A friend is staying in Breckinridge Co this summer and posted a picture on fb of new snow, amazing.

I got about half of my scalloped edge binding sewn down on the back yesterday, I hope to trim and clip the rest today. So far it is looking good to me.
            Claire from Pelham, Alabama

Comment

• Cathy F
              Missouri Star
              • Jan 2012

Glad to had a great trip! I was in Cobh and Dublin and absolutely loved it!
              Visit my Flickr page, sewing and cakes!
              http://www.flickr.com/photos/90704986@N07/

Comment

• SuzanneOrleansOntario
                Missouri Star
                • Aug 2015

Good afternoon,
                Jean - that sounds like you had a wonderful time.

Yesterday we were on the road early as DH wanted to get to the gliding club early. After I dropped him off I got on the road east and went to fabric store for background fabric for hanging gardens quilt. I didn't have enough of any one fabric, and I found the perfect one. I got 6m and finished the bolt for a discount. Then I stopped on the way back for a pogo and poutine. The weather was perfect. When I got to the gliding club, i set up in the screened porch and cut the JR and 1st border. Around 3:30 I had volunteered to make salads and cut up fruits in preparation for the lobster dinner. They were expecting close to 70 people. Others set up the cauldron and tables. Lobsters were from Nova Scotia and flown in from Montreal fresh. They were huge. Everything was delicious. There was a member who brought her small harp and another guitar to provide entertainment after dinner and bonfire.

image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg
                I slept in late this morning, and we enjoyed our coffee under the pergola. I dropped by my daughter to drop off GF muffins I made and see GKs.

Off to visit my mom and take in this wonderful warm and sunny weather. Enjoy your weekend.
                Enjoy life and do what makes you happy. Everything else will follow.

Comment

• KPH
                  Missouri Star
                  • Feb 2015

I hope you'll be able to share your pictures at some point. It sounds like you had a marvelous trip.

I'd gladly share some warmth with you Joy, it's headed up close to the 100s again today. They're calling for storms this evening.
                  Katrina
                  From NC, retired in FL
                  “Nothing can dim the light which shines from within.” Maya Angelou

Comment

• Jean Sewing Machine
                    Missouri Star
                    • Jan 2012

Originally posted by Klasien View Post
                    Sounds like ots of fun!
                    Next time you visit Europe please cross the sea and come over to the netherlands.

Good luck on getting over the time difference ����
                    Yes, today, I woke up at 2 am, which is 7 am Ireland's time! I would love to come to visit the Netherlands and YOU!

Comment

• SuzyQue
                      Missouri Star
                      • Jan 2010

Jean
                      I recently spent two weeks in Italy and the jet lag was horrible for almost a week after. It seemed to take forever to return to my normal schedule. I hope you can recover quicker!

Comment

Working...
                      X