• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Monique
    Missouri Star
    • Jan 2011

Well Thursday has arrived

Good morning everyone. I actually slept until a reasonable time this morning.

I sewed up a storm yesterday, getting two more swap items done. Tried to make a bag but it didn't quite come out right. I may keep it for myself.

I spoke to my youngest yesterday and he got a visit in with my brother on the west coast. Cool!! And my oldest arrived here late last night. I only got to speak with him for a few minutes until he was off to bed. Today the men are golfing in the morning and then headed to the camp later today. I will have a few day all to myself. I may get out today and pick up a few groceries.

Today will be another sew day. At some point I will give the house a good cleaning before we leave on vacation.

Have yourselves a wonderful day friends.
    Blessed are the children of the piecemakers for they shall inherit the quilts!
  • baslp
    The Guild President
    • Sep 2012

Re: Well Thursday has arrived

Good morning. It is a busy morning at our house. We will soon be on the road to pick up our new pup and our son starts his senior yr of college. My baby quilt is ready to send to my nephew& his wife. Their baby is due in 2 weeks. Now I get to return to making the West Palm quilt.

Have a good day.
    Beth

Comment

• Bubby
      Missouri Star
      • Jun 2011

Good Morning Monique and Everyone....I just checked the weather radar and it looks as though we will have another full day of storms. The lightning and wind have been terrible. Our A/C stopped working yesterday. By the time Jeff got home it was 89 in the house. He was able to get it going again, thank goodness. We had several power outages yesterday and that's very hard on things.

Today is my DDs birthday.....54. We celebrated while I was with her recently. The honeymooners are back home and Kaytie cooked their first meal as a married couple. It looked good to me.

Wishing everyone a wonderful day. Hugs....
      sigpicwww.whisperofrose.blogspot.com

Scottie Mom Barb

Comment

• Monique
        Missouri Star
        • Jan 2011

I guess that Anita is away again for a little while?
        Blessed are the children of the piecemakers for they shall inherit the quilts!

Comment

• KPH
          Missouri Star
          • Feb 2015

Good Morning All,

Mike is getting ready to leave for work. I'm bracing myself for Pepper's sadness. Yesterday, I sent Mike to Walmart for basting spray. Pepper wasn't happy. She bayed for him at the door. I got her evening treat. I made the mistake, do you want your treat or Uncle Mike? She wouldn't take the treat! Danged dog! He finally came home, less than 30 minutes later and you would have thought he'd been gone for days! What on earth will she do when Jim picks her up?

Yesterday, I worked on the Beating Dia-be-Teas quilt. The top is done. Today, I'll get it sandwiched, I hope.

Well, time for coffee. Pepper's being quiet, in the middle of my spreading out space. She's assumed the I'll watch for that pesky squirrel pose. Sandwiching will wait until she moves to the sofa!
          Katrina
          From NC, retired in FL
          “Nothing can dim the light which shines from within.” Maya Angelou

Comment

• JCY
            Missouri Star
            • Jul 2013

Good Morning, Everyone ~ Lookin' sort of hazy out there this a.m. We're under another air quality alert for ozone. It was 90 deg. yest., which felt more comfortable than the 100's earlier in the week.

After breakfast yest., I headed out to the mattress stores again. I spent considerable time at 2 places, got some written estimates. The display mattress of the medium firmness had been sold, so I need to go back in a few days & try that one out one more time before finalizing my purchase. I plan to get a mattress for my bed & the guest room. My estimate is good for 7 days. We'll wait a while to get a new one for DH. When the guys deliver our mattresses, I'll have them determine if they can negotiate the stairway to the bsmt. for removal of the old matt./box springs & set up of the new.

After a quick lunch at Wendy's, I went to Kohl's; they're having a white sale. I found some 100% cotton sateen, 400 TC, sheet sets on sale. Overpriced, IMO, but nevertheless a good savings. When I got to the check stand, with my coupon, which turned out to be 30%, I saved a bundle! Woo hooo! The checker said I could re-use my coupon again within the next week. Hmmm, I may have to go back for more sheets. I want to wash these & see how I like them first.

Last stop was the groc. store. It was time to stock up again on salmon, which turned out to be on sale. DH eats this every day for lunch. I cut those up into individual serving sizes & froze them. I took it easy the rest of the day. Shopping can be tiring.

Time to get on with my day.

Comment

• SuzanneOrleansOntario
              Missouri Star
              • Aug 2015

Good morning,
              It was rumble & tumble last night. No rain. The storms missed us. It's supposed to be cooler in the next few days. It sounds like everyone is busy. If you didn't see it, check out yesterday's post with the tumbling mattresses. We saw on weather channel, but I love the take with a scene from Jurassic Park.

Yesterday was a sew day for me. I made the kindred pinwheels blocks at a retreat in February. Time to start putting together. I picked up a backing last month. I decided to put white sashings, no cornerstone. It's coming together nicely. I hope to finish the top, maybe even have time to add borders.
              image.jpg image.jpg

Enjoy your day, whatever you plan to do. Stay cool, stay dry and be safe from the fires.
              Enjoy life and do what makes you happy. Everything else will follow.

Comment

• Cathy F
                Missouri Star
                • Jan 2012

Morning all,
                Had a storm pass through last night and it gave the gardens a good watering. Today looks to be another hot and humid day here. The only errand I have to run today is a quick one to get a few groceries in. Most of the summer we've been eating the garden veggies and just grilling some chicken to go with it. Very easy and tasty dinners.

My wreaths have all been completed for the craft fair and my husband has built a collapsible stand for them that will display them very nicely. I think the next thing I 'll do is some embroidered kitchen towels as they all sold last year.

Hard to believe summer is almost to an end grandkids will be starting back to college next week. One is starting his third year and the other is starting on her Master's degree, how did they get so old so fast.

Well off for some coffee before I start my day. Wishing everyone a good one!
                Visit my Flickr page, sewing and cakes!
                http://www.flickr.com/photos/90704986@N07/

Comment

• Ginny B
                  Missouri Star
                  • Jan 2012

Good morning all. Today is the day we leave for Vermont. We were all packed and ready to go by Tuesday night. It's only a 5 day trip so it was pretty easy packing. Our week was sure a busy one. Monday was my trip with my sis to South Jersey to visit with her childhood friend ( and my other little sister ). It was a fun day. Then Tuesday my plan was to sleep in a little and then spend a bunch of time in my sewing room and pack. Well, that didn't happen. Seems there was a miscommunication and Joe was not off from camp starting this week. It's next week. So when I didn't show up well past my usual time to watch Tessa, Kathryn texted to see if we were ok. Holy cow did we get up and dressed quickly. She dropped Tessa off here on her way to work. Poor little thing is teething (2 teeth just breaking through). She was running a fever on and off for the last couple days. They took her in to the doctor but they can't find anything bacterial going on. No ear infection, her throat is ok. I know the doctors always say that cutting teeth won't cause a temperature but my experience was the opposite. So the last two days was spent holding and snuggling a cranky little girl. Poor baby. Grandpa was there to help me but she was ok with him for just So long. Then she just wanted me.

I worked on getting packed and the house ready in the evenings and giving hubby a little list of to do's. So now we are off on our adventure. Looking forward to adding another state to my list. Monique, enjoy your couple of days to yourself. Beth, a new puppy, how fun! Katrina, I hope Pepper doesn't get too sad. Barb, sure hope your power stays on. We had a lightning strike very close to our house last evening during a bad storm. I was on one side of the room and after it struck I was in the other side in hubby's arms and don't really remember how I got there. I know I screamed. DH says I was airborne. Scared me so much to see that bright flash right outside the window.

Time to load up the car. I'm bringing some knitting to keep me busy on the road since I don't have any hand sewing projects ready. Have a good day all. Stay safe and cool.
                  Ginny B
                  Levittown, NY

Comment

• Simply Quilting
                    Missouri Star
                    • Dec 2013

Morning! I am finally getting on the computer after being off of it for two days. I was hit by the stomach bug on Tuesday morning. The children were done with it in basically 24 to 36 hours. However, the older you are the longer it wants to hang around. DH is on day 4 of it. I would not wish this on anyone. The worst part was the stomach pains and leg cramps. I am slowly starting to mend today but it is going to be a slow process.

Have a good day everyone

Comment

Working...
                    X