• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Blondie
    Missouri Star
    • May 2010

Saturday YaYS!

Happy Saturday Folksies! It is also the first Saturday in May. You know what that means. Yep. I am smiling. Well, why not? I hear the sun is going to be shining today, my Saturday clients are fun folks, I intend to order pizza for the girls night and Mom is looking better each day. It was just a "bimp" in the road, as Clouseau would say.

I don't know about you but as a child I never thought Saturdays were special. Those were days when I had to do a whole bunch of chores, then after those were completed, which took all day, I would go to my grandma's house and help her out. I sure learned how to clean good back then. Not that I give a fig about it today. Now and then I get a wild hair and think, I really need to go from room to room and do a thorough cleaning. Then I pluck that wild hair out!

Enjoy your weekend everyone. Stay focused what what is really important in your life. It is really never "things", is it?
    Blessings, hugs and SMILES

Sewing mends the soul.
    sigpic

Do the math; count your blessings
    Laughing is good exercise. It's like jogging on the inside.

http://pinterest.com/vintageprims/boards/ Unless we are creating we are not fully alive
    ~ Madeleine L'Engle

• Bubby
    Missouri Star
    • Jun 2011

Re: Saturday YaYS!

Morning Blondie,

I'm up early again. We have to go to the apartments today and begin eviction action against a tenant. I always hate this.

It has been raining here for three days and night...not really hard rain, just enough to make it impossible to enjoy being outdoors. All our little tomato plants and a few flowers are on the island in the kitchen waiting for warmer weather. The flower/plant sellers around here are having a hard time. Everything is so late this year, many are cancelling their second shipments. This means when the weather clears everyone needs to get to the nursery and buy what they want because there won't be anything to buy later.

I worked on a little JRR quilt yesterday for PICU. I won't have it done in time for Marilyn to take it this month, but it will be there for the next load.

Wishing everyone a good Saturday. Special prayers for Steffie and everyone without power as a result of the big May snow.

Hugs Everyone, Barb
    sigpicwww.whisperofrose.blogspot.com

Scottie Mom Barb

Comment

• Monique
      Missouri Star
      • Jan 2011

Good morning Blondie. I was waiting for you this morning.

Well today is Denis' grand opening. I hope all goes well for him. I do wish I could go but I have other commitments. Today is one of our friends' annual golf tournament. Not on any golf course, but in a horse pasture. It is basically just a whole lot of fun. Tomorrow we travel to see my son and his wife and of course Jersey.

Work of course this morning. I will take my quilt with me and work on it when I can.

Have a wonderful day friends.
      Blessed are the children of the piecemakers for they shall inherit the quilts!

Comment

• shermur
        Missouri Star
        • Mar 2013

Morning, Blondie! So wish I was having your weather...it snowed her yesterday on the 2nd of May! Never in my lifetime have I seen that...and the comp softball tournament for this weekend was cancelled due to the cold and too much moisture. So, little girl and I went to Joanne's last night to be prepared for a weekend in the craft room and boy, does a new blade for the rotary cutter make a difference! Thank goodness I had a couple of coupons to use!!!! I need to help little girl on her scrap skirt and cut more pieces for my stepdaughter's Phoebe flower box quilt (Jenny's tutorial)! The house might get some attention and
        Sherri

"Don't let someone else's ugly spoil your beautiful. " Thanks, Bubby!!!!!!

Comment

• Granny Judy
          Missouri Star
          • Apr 2011

Washing and drying a PiCu quilt for Marilyn today.. hoping to get it mailed by Monday. Going along on the Grub Run and getting out of the house for a walk around. Maybe Big Lots, Maybe another Big Box store.. we'll see what DD has on the shopping list.

Hope to dodge between the rain drops and grab a few plants for the BIG planters out front.. Love my Geraniums!! They keep the bugs away from the sitting area.. DD needs some more bird seed since we have so many Finches, Turtle Doves, robins, cardinals, Sparrows, and Squirrels-( furry tailed rats ) visiting the feeder. The Hummers are due any time now that it's May..
          Judy

Click HERE to find me and My imagination
          :icon_wave:

Comment

• aliaslaceygreen
            Missouri Star
            • Jan 2012

Amen. Especially abt the cleaning part. I may POST on here that I am going to be cleaning so often you must think the place is spotless.... but. Don't be fooled!!!

Work. Work. Work. VACAY!!!! I can see it around the corner!!!! Whoo HOO!!!

Tonight we are going to go to a choral performance that my husbands aunt has roped us into. Finally, she has found a date we couldn't wiggle out of. My DH is ready for a root canal, but I am trying to keep a Blondier kind of attitude.... but we will be able to say that we HAVE supported her endeavors...so...

Smile, all, and May the Fourth be with you!
            ...Trish

(I'm sarcastic. Breathe deeply, then laugh...)

my blog-- http://www.aliaslaceygreen.com my photos --- http://www.rteest42.com

Comment

• Mpyles
              Missouri Star
              • Feb 2013

Good morning all!!

No count down today!! We have lift off.... vacation has started!! Yayyyyy!! Sadly at about 6:30 last night...I got a light in my vision...a precursor to a migraine. So I got the ibuprofen and ice pack and went to bed. I woke up around 1 am and I felt pretty good. I don't get horrible headaches when I get the visual aura..they are a warning sign that a headache is coming..I always heed them and take my medicine and grab that ice pack. I will have the nagging headache for a day or two. But I will be able to function fine. It's prolly the crazy weather shifts, or the extreme amount of stress at work this week. Thankfully I got it on my first night of vacation!!

I have a busy day planned....the quilt store is having a sidewalk sale from 10 -1. 7 dollar bolt sale!! Woohoo ! I only have about 1/2 hour to be at that. Have a project grad fundraiser to work. Then a meeting to figure out what we have money to spend what on. We have had a successful year of fundraising, it should be quite a night. We bought 85 $50 best buy gift cards and they gave us 2-32inch tvs. A local car dealership gave us an iPad, we are giving each senior an additional $50in cash, with $ left over to buy lots more stuff.

So busy, fun, exciting, sad, happy week ahead of me!! I am so proud of my baby girl, graduating with honors summa cum laude. She has worked hard and I can't wait to celebrate with her!

Blondie good to hear your momma is still on the mend, enjoy your day and the pizza. Monique have fun on your Golf trip. Barb...I can't imagine having to evict someone....I find firing them horrible...evicting has to be pretty hard.

Prayers for everyone who have asked and those that haven't. Everyone have a great day!!!
              Last edited by Mpyles; May 4, 2013, 06:21 AM.
              Mary
              SW Missouri

Comment

• HdWench
                Missouri Star
                • Oct 2012

Morning Morning! Yep, you don't read me posting much about housework and it shows around here! Oh well, working on a Queen Falling Charms for my best girlfriend in Florida I've never met! 7 years of playing Word games and Canasta and this summer we'll meet!

Saturday and I'm still up so I'll be sleeping till you all go to bed tonight.

Wonderful that your mom is doing Great Blondie!! How fun to have a sister and the pizza and girls nights sounds amazing! Grew up with 3 brothers, so I only dream of what that would be like.

Hope everyone stays nice and snuggly or has the A/C on being comfortable and you get some sewing time in, or buying fabric, or plotting your next project.

That sale sounds Terrific!!! Hope you find some awesome fabric by the bolt wow!

Debbie
                Debbie and the cats KayCee (16), Lucky Streak (11), and gods gift Sandia (8)

RIP Bonnie (18) December 2014 We had 10 loving years before you went to see your previous Meow-Mom - tell her I love you too!

Spread Sunshine with every thought, word and deed.

Comment

• Jean Sewing Machine
                  Missouri Star
                  • Jan 2012

First day at Disneyworld, Friday, May 3. EPIC FAIL! Thought we'd hit Epcot for the fireworks, instead got three hours of rain, totally drenched, miserable feeling. Bus was totally freezing airconditioned, when we got back at 9, we could see from our resort that they attempted a weiny little fireworks display in the rain which lasted probably 5 minutes. I was so cold, went to bed and shivered for two hours to get warm. This chick as seen all of Epcot she's going to see in this lifetime! Least amount of fun for most amount of money. I'm laying up from the walking ths morning, want to see Magic Kingdom at night, hoping for a dry evening, so I'm resting up for that. Hope things get better. Legs are messed up with edema from a med I'm taking, and there is no place to sit in Disneyworld! Not good to get old!

Hope you all have a great day!

Comment

• CrazyMtnLady
                    Missouri Star
                    • Dec 2011

Morning all. It is another rainy and cold day here. But the rain sure has greened things up. Slept great last night but woke up on the wrong side of the bed! I have no idea why I am in such a foul mood today...could be the GIGANTIC pile of dog poop that greeted me on the bathroom floor this morning and a very guilty looking TarButt. It just had to be her...none of the other animals could have that much in them! LOL... It was not fun cleaning and mopping the floor at 5am this morning.
                    I am not doing much of anything today! I am watching my PBS sewing/quilting shows and catching up on some reading and staying warm.
                    It is chilly in the front room where the kittens are so I put my heating pad under their blanket to keep them and mama warm. I had them on the bed yesterday petting them all. The runt is so tiny I don't think she is getting enough food. I gave her some warmed evaporated milk with an eyedropper yesterday and she loved it. So I will give her some more today. I have been calling her Brandy. The others are doing great!

Have a wonderful weekend.
                    Hugs and prayers to all.
                    Donna
                    MSQC: Where Strangers become Friends and Friends become Family!

"The soul would have no rainbows, if the eyes had no tears."native American wisdom

sigpic

Comment

• Sandy Navas
                      Missouri Star
                      • Dec 2010

Oh, Donna! BTDT.

Working today and just about ready to head out in this miserable weather. Drizzly rain - it was heavy during the night and kept me awake for a while, though I blamed it on Al for snoring.

I'm tired, disgruntled (what does it mean to be gruntled?), and wondering when it's going to stop. I did spend time sewing yesterday, not necessarily what I wanted to do, but finishing up things that DD has requested. I need to get that out of the way so I can hibernate all summer all by myself. Of course I have little rag muffins standing over my shoulder all times of the day with special requests. You know they have to come to Nana so they don't bother Mom, right? Mom is totally stressed out with antics of the oldest DGD who manages to find some way to cause an uproar even though she's supposedly living 'on her own' . . . little does the poor kid know.

And so, I leave with this good advice: "Some days the best thing about your job is that the chair spins."

Sometimes, when there's a raging fire,
                      it's best not to try to put it out with gasoline.

"...pal carajo con la negatividad..."

Comment

• Genny
                        Missouri Star
                        • Oct 2011

And so, I leave with this good advice: "Some days the best thing about your job is that the chair spins."

Sandy, Your advice fits most of my days at work Genny
                        TODAY IS A GOOD DAY...TO HAVE A GOOD DAY...Genny

Comment

• MayinJerset
                          Missouri Star
                          • May 2012

Blondie, I also had lots of Saturday chores when I was growing up, bed making, clothes washing, food shopping and cleaning the stairs and hallways of our 3 story building filled my day.

Speaking of household chores two great things I learned from gals I worked with that made my Saturdays less hectic, clean the bathrooms on Friday night (this from a minister's wife whose weekends were busy with church activities) and no Saturday clothes washing unless it was an emergency. That way my I could keep my house in order and actually at times had time and energy to go out in the evening.

DH and I will be spending this Saturday shopping, first Kohl's where I have a gift card and a 30% off coupon,then couch shopping and maybe a stop at Joann's with my 50 and 40% coupons plus 15% off entire order. Need to find a nice flower to add to my straw hat, want to wear it to my Guild's Tea tomorrow. We are to bring our favorite tea cup, this year I'm bringing the china Sisters mug that my sister Carol gave me at Christmas. Should be a fun meeting with lots of goodies to eat, many different teas to choose from and some surprise entertainment.

Comment

• Cathy F
                            Missouri Star
                            • Jan 2012

Morning all!

Looks like we're off to the start of another nice day. I had a great quilt class on Thursday, it is a embroidered quilt class. It will be a combination of different embroidered squares mixed with some pieced ones. What I really was excited about was the technical aspects we will be learning. We did linear re-hooping, and next times we will be embroidering on triangles, and doing diagonal re-hooping. it feels great to be the master of the machine instead of the machine controlling me. It was kind of scary though unhooping my fabric and then re-aligning and hooping again.
                            Visit my Flickr page, sewing and cakes!
                            http://www.flickr.com/photos/90704986@N07/

Comment

• dwil23
                              Missouri Star
                              • May 2012

Good Morning, all!

I'm with Blondie on this one -anytime one of those wild hairs starts takes over, time to take action and get rid of it!

Getting ready to sleep a bit, then get up this afternoon and (hopefully) finish hand stitching the binding on this quilt. It has been fun, but I'm done with it and want to move on to other projects. Then, back to work tonight. I love Saturday nights at work - the easiest of the week. Very laid back, no rush.

Have a blessed weekend everyone.
                              Donna

Comment

Working...
                              X