• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Monique
    Missouri Star
    • Jan 2011

Welcome Tuesday

Well POOF, my post disappeared.

Good morning friends. I had an okay day yesterday although I didn't do much of anything. I did do a load of laundry though. I just don't have the inclination to be in the sewing room even knowing I have a bunch of things that need to get done. Luckily I was able to finish my SS swap gifts.

Today I am headed to the city with my neighbour. She has an appointment and is not sure how to get there by herself. And then this evening I have a Lionettes meeting.

Next Monday is Remembrance Day here in Canada. I think both boys will be coming to participate in our local ceremony here in our little neck of the woods. One is coming for sure. Les changed his shift from Monday to Tuesday so he could be there as well.

Well that's it for me. Have an awesome day everyone.

Well a little excitement after I signed off here. It seems a dog was thrown from a vehicle in front of my house into the neighbour's yard. The squealing was terrible and it got me off my chair to look what was making that noise. Christine now has the little doggie in her house and we will take it to the vet on our way through town. While I am not a dog person, it is still sad that this happened. The dog doesn't appear to be hurt just terrified.
    Last edited by Monique; November 5, 2019, 05:24 AM.
    Blessed are the children of the piecemakers for they shall inherit the quilts!
  • KPH
    Missouri Star
    • Feb 2015

Re: Welcome Tuesday

Good Morning Monique and those who follow,

Yesterday was a short school day. Morgan dropped Esther off at Pre K at 9 and then Jonathan after that. Nana picked up J at 11:30. So, we got what we could get done and forgot the rest.

It's cloudy this morning, radar is showing some nasty storms are off the coast and a warm front is stalled on top of us. The AC is already running this morning.

I think this afternoon, I may just take a nap! This time change is really messing my sleep cycles up. But what I really need to do is go to the grocery store for a stock up haul, from paper goods, to cleaning goods, it seems like everything is running out this month. Won't that be fun... NOT.

Facebook posted pictures of my Good Night Howard in the memories this morning. I do love that pattern. I hope Jim and Morgan are loving it. It goes so well with their paint colors in their bedroom. I'm thinking about making Morgan's Mom and Dad a quilt for Christmas next year. Maybe, it will be another Good Night Irene, but I do like the new strip club pattern from Cozy Quilts.

The boy should be here soon, so I'd best get something to eat real quick.
    Katrina
    From NC, retired in FL
    “Nothing can dim the light which shines from within.” Maya Angelou

Comment

• BarbaraB
      Designer Diva
      • Dec 2016

Good Morning to all,

It's a dark and gloomy looking day here but pretty warm as far as temperature goes. Despite that, all the animals are showing a distinct lack of motivation for the day. I wish I could burrow under the blankets again like they can.

Yesterday I was notified that the quilt I sent to M* in September is on its way back to me. I don't remember what quilting pattern I choose, and I left the thread color up to whomever quilted it.....it's going to be a surprise for sure. I know I have the binding made, just need to find it in the stack of in-progress quilts. I'll finally have my own bed sized quilt!!

Today we're also headed to the store for a bulk run on non-food supplies to get us through the winter. I actually don't mind doing this, but I think it's more because we don't worry about any budget. If we feel we need it, we get it. It's guilt free I guess. And then peace of mind knowing I'm not going to run out of paper products or cleaning supplies. In the winter we lose our driveway due to snow and ice, and it's a long haul uphill from the road to the door of the house.

Well DH is getting his coffee. As soon as his heart has started we're off to start the day.

I hope everyone has a wonderful and productive day!! Ta Ta!
      Barbara

Comment

• Thayer Abaigael
        Block Queen
        • Sep 2019

Good Morning to everyone, before and aft,

Monique: What a heartbreaking event, when we see animals are treated with such disregard. You and Christine are wonderful people, to care for the innocent soul. Thank you.

Today I'm confident I'll be finishing prototypes of several items that I might sell in my first attempt at participating in a Holiday Craft Market. I've got a separate post, with questions, that's been mulling around, so I'll probably post that later today.

It's been so chilly here, I get to pull out the stash of recreated woolen sweatercoats that I've made. I love being wrapped up in them, and am excited when the temps get low enough to wear the on a regular basis. Hope everyone is surrounded by comfort and joy today.

Comment

• Cathy F
          Missouri Star
          • Jan 2012

Morning all,

Not sure what's on my agenda today except maybe a quick run to Michael's, almost out of glue sticks and a few other craft supplies.

Yesterday I stitched out two more lace angels and a few more of the cute elf shoes. Today the lace is dried so I 'll assemble the angels and it will be another thing crossed off the ordered list.

I was supposed to attend a quilt retreat this week but decided not to go. I used to love these retreats and I love seeing the gals each year but it seems lately it is just too much to pack, the machines heavy to carry and lift in and out of car, and 5 hours of traveling each way, I find it's just getting easier to stay home and sew. Does anyone else feel that way or am I just getting old!?

Today I have to go and vote. Time to oust those who didn't live up to their campaign promises and give some new faces a chance to prove their worth.

Well before I can do anything I need some coffee to kick in so time to fire up the Keurig. Wishing everyone a good day!
          Visit my Flickr page, sewing and cakes!
          http://www.flickr.com/photos/90704986@N07/

Comment

• auntiemern
            Missouri Star
            • Mar 2012

Good morning one and all. The kids don't have school today so I got to sleep in. Will be heading there in a bit to get Gabe, and give him his morning meds. Didn't do much of anything yesterday. I needed a down time day after the hustle and bustle of the past 4 weeks, and the week end. I did make a run to J's to pick up Cardinals and STL. Blues fabric, since I need to start sewing for my show the first weekend of Dec., and they are the only place that sells those fabrics. They were having a pretty good sale, so I did get a few fabrics that I thought would make cute cozy's...I have another 100+ to make for that show. I have gotten so when I fabric shop I only look for 2 styles of fabrics. Fabric that makes cute kid quilts, and fabric for bowl cozies.
            My coffee seems to be exceptionally good today. I have never been a get up and go person. I need my coffee drinking, wake up time, for at least 45 minutes before I can function. That is where I am at the moment.
            Have a blessed day one and all. Make sure you tell your peeps you love them, you never know when you will lose that chance. Hugs and love to my forum peeps.
            Blankets wrap you in warmth, quilts wrap you in love

Marilyn......
            sigpic

Comment

• JCY
              Missouri Star
              • Jul 2013

Good Morning, Everyone ~ Thankfully, I had a much better night's sleep last night. No skunk & cooler temps. I slept very well. I woke up only 20 min. before the alarm, rather than an hour. I'm still not adjusted to the time change.

Yest. the Anasazi beans were cooked by noon & stored in the freezer. After lunch, I headed to the sewing room. Oiled the bobbin area on the Baby Lock Tiara, did some practicing, then started the FMQ on this panel baby quilt. It's going pretty well. In 2 different sessions I finished almost the entire panel section. There still are 2 borders to do. I can definitely feel it in my hands that I've been quilting again.

Today is my annual mammogram. It also was time for a bone density dexa scan, so those appts. are back to back. After that, it's off to Walmart to stock up on a lot of things. I have a long list. I also need to stop at Whole Foods for some turkey bacon.

Angela Walters' next video is out on how to FMQ the 9-patch. I watched it yest. & printed off the PDF. Haven't taken time to practice yet. I did not buy her panel. I'm just going to use a Sharpie & draw the blocks on a plain FQ sandwich.

It's supposed to be close to 60 today, so it will be a good day to run errands.

Comment

• grammaterry
                Missouri Star
                • Dec 2015

Good morning to all my forum friends. I haven't been around much these past few months. When I'm home, I seem to have mild depression. I get up expecting to find my Sammy Bird waiting for me and when I come in the house, I start to find she isn't there. We put a fire in the wood stove this week and she wasn't running over to help. But, its getting better. At least I'm not crying all the time.
                DH has driven me bonkers what with wanting to move to the coast, looking for a house, backing down from it and then he got on a kick of wanting a boat. We don't need a boat. We live 10 hours from the ocean...but after three more trips down there, looking for a boat...we now have one beautiful boat in our yard. Its a monster. I have no idea how we can ever expect to launch it and if we do, how we'll manage to get it back on the trailer. Oh well, he is having a wonderful time petting it.
                On Thursday we will go to DS to see GD in a band concert honoring vets. That will be nice.
                I have been sewing a little. Made burp cloths and bibs yesterday for the new GB coming in January. Need to put snaps on the bibs, or maybe Velcro. Not sure.
                KNow that I think of all of you.
                success is walking from failure to failure with no loss of enthusiam
                Terry of NC

Comment

• GrammaBabs
                  Missouri Star
                  • Aug 2010

Thanks for checking in Terry.... Your a strong gal.. you recognize it and will deal... Life throws these punches once in a while and it gets harder to deal.. Know that you will find strength from your crafts... it's been sanity for me for YEARS.. and the giving back helps immensely... Something you do so well... Your in my thoughts and prayers... Hugs, GB
                  "Each day well-lived and Happy;
                  that's all there is to Life!"

Comment

• Mom23
                    Missouri Star
                    • Jun 2011

Good Morning All,

The sun is shining and temps aren't too bad today. I've got all the blinds and curtains open so I can take in the beauty. I finally got to spend a couple hours in my sewing room last night. It was mostly to clean up and organize but it felt good to get back. This morning I'm going to quickly get my household and office chores done so I can spend the afternoon sewing. One more secret santa gift and I will be ready to wrap and pack.

411d32b6e4b31bdba26ea0d66b511261.jpg
                    Robin

Comment

• Claire Hallman
                      Missouri Star
                      • Jun 2011

Another beautiful day here with the sun shining and cool temps. The dog and cat have not realized the time has changed so I was up pretty early to feed and let out for exercise.
                      I am delighted that I finally finished quilting on the king quilt, have the binding sewn to the front and started sewing down on the back. I got about a third of it sewn last night, hooray.
                      I am with Marilyn about coffee getting my day going. I didn't drink it until about 6-7 years ago but can't do well without it now.
                      Glad to see Terry back posting, Lori, too. There hasn't been as much conversation of late, hope it continues to pick up. I miss my friends here if they don't hop in occasionally.
                      Claire from Pelham, Alabama

Comment

• Cathy F
                        Missouri Star
                        • Jan 2012

Originally posted by grammaterry View Post
                        Good morning to all my forum friends. I haven't been around much these past few months. When I'm home, I seem to have mild depression. I get up expecting to find my Sammy Bird waiting for me and when I come in the house, I start to find she isn't there. We put a fire in the wood stove this week and she wasn't running over to help. But, its getting better. At least I'm not crying all the time.
                        DH has driven me bonkers what with wanting to move to the coast, looking for a house, backing down from it and then he got on a kick of wanting a boat. We don't need a boat. We live 10 hours from the ocean...but after three more trips down there, looking for a boat...we now have one beautiful boat in our yard. Its a monster. I have no idea how we can ever expect to launch it and if we do, how we'll manage to get it back on the trailer. Oh well, he is having a wonderful time petting it.
                        On Thursday we will go to DS to see GD in a band concert honoring vets. That will be nice.
                        I have been sewing a little. Made burp cloths and bibs yesterday for the new GB coming in January. Need to put snaps on the bibs, or maybe Velcro. Not sure.
                        KNow that I think of all of you.
                        Morning Terri, glad to see you back we missed you!
                        Visit my Flickr page, sewing and cakes!
                        http://www.flickr.com/photos/90704986@N07/

Comment

• chelea
                          Missouri Star
                          • Mar 2012

Well, it's a true November day here...cloudy, drizzle, cool, and everything is so gray now that the leaves are mostly down. The farm stand closed for the season. My nesting instinct is in full gear. Lots of fall cleaning is going on.
                          Today I've got to vote and get packed for a trip to VA. I'll be away just 4 days visiting family.
                          I ripped out all the quilting on the tree skirt. I'm going to re-baste it and try a different thread and a different machine. I also finished my block for the guild meeting next week and made my name tag (because I'm new). I'm very excited to finally belong to a guild here in town. I've been to one meeting and everyone was warm and welcoming.
                          I think it will be grilled salmon for supper, not sure about sides.
                          That's about it for now. Hope everyone has a good day. Oh, and so happy to hear from you Terry!
                          Michele
                          ~The Commonwealth of Massachusetts~
                          To the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world ~Dr Seuss

Comment

• SuzanneOrleansOntario
                            Missouri Star
                            • Aug 2015

Good morning all, and welcome back Terry, one day at a time.

Monique - how sad for the dog and careless of owners. Did anyone get a description of car? They could be charged.

Yesterday was VictorIa quilts. I sewed some blocks together, made by another member. I brought it home to add a border or two. I also had a member bring me a large quilt to quilt for another charity. She's an older lady in her 80s and mentioned it to me last month. I don't recall agreeing, as she was going to measure it. I guess I will FMQ this winter, pro bono - no rush. It's a log cabin with 1" strips, some cotton, some poly.

I'm going to see mom today and pay her caregiver. I will bring the quilt top I finished from retreat. DH is off to Michael's - he's looking for special glue to repair some of his vintage books. It's good he has many interests and hobbies, but it all takes up space. He was working on organizing garage, in the hope he has space to park his car this winter. Oh, I know how, but it would mean getting rid of a lot of stuff.

I guess it's time to put away fall coats and bring out a few winter items. Not ready for that dreaded s**w word.

Enjoy your day.
                            Enjoy life and do what makes you happy. Everything else will follow.

Comment

• KPH
                              Missouri Star
                              • Feb 2015

Oh mercy, that was worse than pulling teeth today!

During home school, I managed to hang my blouses that I wash and dried yesterday, empty and load the dishwasher, make my grocery list, strip and remade the bed. I got tired of waiting for J to quit making noises and just get the work done. Boy, you should have seen his 'attitude' change when his Dad called mid morning! lol. Jim had an assessment for his coding schooling this morning while he was on his break. He was excited about the complements he was given on his work. He has permission to go on to the next set of lessons. Good thing, he's already done 5 of them. Anyway, J turned into the speed demon finishing up everything I'd prepared for him to accomplish and I got a lot of piddly things checked off of my list, too.

Mike will be home shortly, we can go to the bank and then off to the grocery store. Oh boy, more fun!
                              Katrina
                              From NC, retired in FL
                              “Nothing can dim the light which shines from within.” Maya Angelou

Comment

Working...
                              X