Twiggy's first run

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Twiggy's first run

Well some of you have commented on my white FW find in February of last year. Can you believe it has sat so long? I get intimidated by new machines and electronics. Eventually I face my fears, and yesterday was the day for TWIGGY as I now refer to her, to make her debut.

After some oiling and adjustments, she sewed through some scraps with even stitches. Next I made a simple 4 patch from 2 1/2" squares to check her accuracy. Perfect. Next I sewed a block for a quilt that I have cut and want to sew entirely on her. It's not bad. The only issue I have, as with any machine, is mixing pre-cut strips with yardage. I have to adjust for the pinked edges. All in all, I am happy.

When I get the new foot controller for the black FW I purchased last week -- I will share pictures of her. She will be "Sparky".

Click image for larger version

Name:	221K-1stTimeUsing.jpg
Views:	215
Size:	42.7 KB
ID:	2011846 Click image for larger version

Name:	221K-Block2.jpg
Views:	113
Size:	71.2 KB
ID:	2011847 Click image for larger version

Name:	221K-Block1.jpg
Views:	118
Size:	138.6 KB
ID:	2011848
    Enjoy life and do what makes you happy. Everything else will follow.

Twiggy….Sparky…..such fun names…..guess I should name mine……
    💫 Anita......Star lover❣️

Comment

Finding a white one was just incredible luck. And she is proof that beauty isn't always only skin deep! Lovely to look at and lovely to sew with. I'm glad you are finally "bonding"!
      Gail, Mid-Michigan

Comment

I have one that belonged to a friends aunt or grandma. I don't use her, but know I should. If you are on facebook, join Featherweight Friends.....it is full of information!
        pat.

No rain....no rainbows!

sigpic

If you can't be nice.....BE QUIET!

Comment

Twiggy...she's so lovely!!
        Hike ~ BC, Canada

Rainy days are for quilting. Thank goodness I live in a rainforest! 😁

Comment

Is there any machine sweeter than a white Featherweight? I think not. I like to do what you're doing with sewing an entire quilt on your machine. It's a good way to keep cycling through a collection of vintage sewing machines to get them oiled, give them a good workout and just enjoy sewing on a different machine for a change.
          Michele
          ~The Commonwealth of Massachusetts~

Comment

• SuzanneOrleansOntario
            SuzanneOrleansOntario
            SuzanneOrleansOntario commented
            Editing a comment
            That true. She is also so petite, I can sit her on the coffee table in front of the TV while I have the LA going and can keep an eye for any issues.
        Vintage Sewing Machines

About this Group

Type: Public
        Topics: 52
        Comments: 298

Owner

Latest Group Topics

Collapse

Working...
        X