No announcement yet.

Willcox and Gibbs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Congrats! She's a beauty! I have a W&G very similar in that it has the decals and not the logo across the arch just like yours. Mine was made in 1895. I love how quiet running they are and so easy to treadle! I have a friend who does decorative stitching on textiles with hers and I am eager to try that myself. I almost lost mine in the fire, but my neighbor pulled it out of my burning house! I just got her moved to where we are staying so I hope to play with her again soon. Enjoy your new beauty!

Comment

• chelea
      chelea commented
      Editing a comment
      I remember you talking about your machines and the fire...so happy you didn't lose your W&G.
      Initially I thought the logo had rubbed off but now I'm not sure it was ever there. I'm just missing the badge on the front of the machine but have been watching ebay to see if one surfaces. I did order the ball for the fly wheel that will prevent it from going in reverse.

Me too! The property where we are staying in the guest house has a cottage that the owner uses as an office, but she has offered the bedroom of the cottage as a sewing space for me! So my W&G and DVF have been moved here now from storage in my friends garage! Yes, there were models without the name/logo and only the vines. Yours is so pretty! Glad you found the brake ball - it works a treat! I love that feature! It's been a while since I've had a chance to check in here - have you taken her for a spin yet? ETA: nevermind - saw your stitches! Yay! I love the decorative aspect of the back of the stitch!
    Last edited by VintageGalAnnie; December 9, 2020, 01:13 PM.

Comment

• chelea
      chelea commented
      Editing a comment
      Hope you'll get back to stitching in your new space soon. I'm keeping this machine close by in my kitchen/family room and hope to get lots of piecing done this winter.
Vintage Sewing Machines

About this Group

Type: Public
Topics: 48
Comments: 253

Latest Group Topics

Collapse

Working...
X