Vintage Sewing Machines

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Singer 24

Had to share this little sweetie with you. She's in very good shape, even the cabinet was nice. Very smooth operating. She just needs a little oil, a new belt and needle. This is a chain stitch machine, no bobbin, manufactured from 1902-1903.
    I'm struggling....I really don't need another machine but this one is rare, I believe, and in such good condition...
    Michele

to the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world...

Wow that is an unusual one. I wont be your enabler, but leave it to you if you want to add this to your collection.

Enjoy life and do what makes you happy. Everything else will follow.

Every day I try to do one thing that challenges my comfort zone.

Comment

I'm not seeing a link or photo? But ooh-la-la those Singer 24s are beeeeautiful! I would have a tough time leaving one behind if I found a nice one at a good price. I have a W&G chainstitcher and love it. And who said anything about "need"? Plus they're so small, they don't take up much space, right?

edited to add: Now I see it! Yep, she's a cutie and a beauty! I'm a terrible enabler so you won't find me talking you out of it...!

Comment

Beautiful!
        sigpicIf you can't see the mistake from the back of a galloping horse, nobody is going to notice it.

Comment

Drooling! Wonderful!
          Blogging ahead.....research in quilting and sewing with a dab of cooking/recipes too.

https://myquiltprojects.wordpress.com/

https://thecookbookproject.wordpress.com/

Comment

Well, I thought about it all day and decided to call the shop and ask them to hold it for me. But it had sold. Sniff. You snooze, you lose. I guess it wasn't meant to be.
            Michele

to the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world...

Comment

Oh gosh, well, I always say that means there's another better one waiting out there for me. It'll find you!

Comment

Sorry to hear. There's a better, nicer one just waiting to reveal itself to you.

Enjoy life and do what makes you happy. Everything else will follow.

Every day I try to do one thing that challenges my comfort zone.

Comment

Darn! But we’ve all been there. The one that got away...
                  sigpicIf you can't see the mistake from the back of a galloping horse, nobody is going to notice it.

Comment

Vintage Sewing Machines

About this Group

Type: Public
                  Topics: 41
                  Comments: 158

Latest Group Topics

Collapse

Working...
                  X