Vintage Sewing Machines

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Trimming down

I had two featherweights, Abacus in pristine condition with attachments, manual and a very nice case. I acquired another featherweight back in sept, no case, abused, rusted but still worked, named her tina turner. I gave abacus to my mom for christmas. she complained her machines were just too heavy. Abacus sewed 20 quilts in the past 13 months. I am a little sad, but know that I do not need two featherweights. With mom Abacus will get to go on retreats and shown off and ooo’ed and ah’ed over. My plan was too keep that machine for my daughter. She has no interest now. I think I did the right thing!
    Blogging ahead.....research in quilting and sewing with a dab of cooking/recipes too.

https://myquiltprojects.wordpress.com/

https://thecookbookproject.wordpress.com/

Funny how attached you get to these old machines, isn't it? Sounds like Abacus will be loved in her new home, anyway. I know what you mean - my daughter has absolutely no interest in sewing, and my grandchildren are all macho boys so no interest there either. I still have some hope for my step grandaughter, age 11.....
    sigpicIf you can't see the mistake from the back of a galloping horse, nobody is going to notice it.

Comment

You did the right thing. That machine will be loved and cared for by your mom. Isn't it amazing how little interest the last two generations take in things like antiques, china and glassware. Just give them paper products and they are happy.
      sigpic

Comment

“Isn't it amazing how little interest the last two generations take in things like antiques, china and glassware. Just give them paper products and they are happy.”

That and electronics...
        sigpicIf you can't see the mistake from the back of a galloping horse, nobody is going to notice it.

Comment

Vintage Sewing Machines

About this Group

Type: Public
        Topics: 45
        Comments: 197

Latest Group Topics

Collapse

Working...
        X