Vintage Sewing Machines

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hubby is a Real Gem!

Each time we move hubby always purchases a present of some kind. Usually it's jewelry. Says I deserve something for all the aggravation of moving! Not this time, a beautiful Featherweight showed up a couple of days ago. Have not had time to look at it much, still unpacking. I did take it out of the case this morning. I will try to get some pictures and post them later today or tomorrow.
    sigpic

fabulous news, well done hubby, how exciting a featherweight
    bet you cant wait to play

Comment

Funny, hubby says "I hope you don't mind, it's used. That is all I could find." I explained lots of things to him, he is a computer person. That is all he knows!
      Machine looks in good shape. It will need a new cord. The current one has tape on it. Anyone familiar with the Nova web site for featherweights. I only hope she has a class in my part of the country sometime next year. The case smells musty as do the boxes for the accessories. I would like to clean up the case too. How would you redo the inside? By redo I mean a really good cleaning.
      sigpic

Comment

Still trying to upload pictures, guess I will have to go get the computer person!
        sigpic

Comment

Congrats on your new FW!
          I haven't dealt with Nova but Bonnie Hunter mentioned them on her Quiltville FB page a couple of days ago. I've ordered from the Featherweight Shop and they have great information on their website, including how to redo the case and get the smell out.
          Michele

to the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world...

Comment

“I hope you don’t mind, it’s used. That’s all I could find.”

Still smiling over that one. �� Your hubby is definitely a gem! Congratulations and have fun.
            sigpicIf you can't see the mistake from the back of a galloping horse, nobody is going to notice it.

Comment

here is a link to featherweight shop in menu 'school house' regarding the case,
              https://singer-featherweight.com/blo...herweight-case

have fun researching, all the little bits of info.

Comment

Wonderful!!!!
                Blogging ahead.....research in quilting and sewing with a dab of cooking/recipes too.

https://myquiltprojects.wordpress.com/

https://thecookbookproject.wordpress.com/

Comment

Thank you Treadler, I really like the site. Ordered they basic update kit and a few other items. Purchased the things to do the case cleaning from the hardware store yesterday. I still cannot get pictures to upload
                  sigpic

Comment

hi Carolyn
                    edited my photos using 'photos' program on windows 10 you can save a copy before editing.
                    choose a photo in your computer pictures folders double tap on it it opens photo program. (if not its in the start menu the icon that looks like 2 mountains.)

there is an ability to crop rotate ect.

but just to change size
                    click on the 3 dots top right
                    a menu pops up
                    click on resize
                    choose size 0.25mp or 2mp save
                    then go to your album on here, in your profile, browse computer and press upload
                    hopefully it works fingers are crossed
                    T

oh by the way
                    have just seen advertised on the featherweight site.
                    MISSOURI STAR QUILT COMPANY Featherweight Retreat with Novice Maintenance & Advanced Concepts
                    August 11 - 14th, 2019 - Novice Featherweight Course & Quilt Retreat
                    REGISTER THROUGH MSQCO.
                    August 14 - 17th, 2019 - Novice Featherweight Course & Quilt Retreat
                    REGISTER THROUGH MSQCO.
                    August 20 - 23rd, 2019 - Novice Featherweight Course & Quilt Retreat
                    REGISTER THROUGH MSQCO.

might be useful to someone

Comment

Treadler, thank you so much, I got it to work. I couldn't resist adding the one of my dog. He hides a lot since we moved. Hoping he just needs time to adjust. Wish I could got to the retreats but traveling that far is not a doable thing right now.
                      sigpic

Comment

Vintage Sewing Machines

About this Group

Type: Public
                      Topics: 44
                      Comments: 190

Latest Group Topics

Collapse

• KPH
                        My Secret Santa box has arrived.
                        by KPH
                        Just Lyn, Thanks so much. I appreciate all of the hard work you have done. That's an amazing Advent Calendar. I can't wait to see the kids again to show...
                        November 19, 2020, 03:06 PM
                      • KPH
                        Secret Santa Arrivals
                        by KPH
                        Alrighty, for the sake of my nerves... I know one of the rules is to send me the tracking numbers. All well and good, but when your package arrives. Would...
                        November 12, 2020, 08:39 AM
                      • Monique
                        It has arrived
                        by Monique
                        My parcel from Chris has arrived and mine is on an airplane headed to her. WOOHOO!!

I will fondle it gently when I pick it up and then put...
                        November 10, 2020, 03:38 AM
                      • KPH
                        New Leader needed for 2021
                        by KPH
                        We're reaching that point, of thinking about 2021 SS. I hope someone will step up and be the moderator for next year. I have all of the letters and files...
                        November 1, 2020, 01:41 PM
                      • KPH
                        November and December's Themes
                        by KPH
                        Just in case you didn't remember....

November- Santa Claus Or Christmas Trees by Ginny B

December- Flying Geese Or Scrappy,...
                        October 31, 2020, 08:54 AM
                      Working...
                      X