Vintage Sewing Machines

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Service?

I recently acquired a Featherweight... and it needs some tender loving care.

Does anyone know of someone who refurbishes Featherweights and does not charge and arm and a leg.

It basically needs a new cord and plug...

Bernice's hubby Bob.
    K is for Karen 😊​..................
    Cremation - My last hope for a smokin' hot body.

Before you speak,
    T - is it TRUE?
    H - is it HELPFUL?
    I - is it INSPIRING?
    N - is it NECESSARY?
    K - is it KIND?

Comment

Thanks Karen.

Comment

Hi Kensington - I ordered a replacement cord/plug online and was able to replace it myself. It was relatively easy to swap out the new cord with the old by opening up the foot pedal. I did watch an online video which helped me immensely. If you have not yet checked it out, go to https://www.singer-featherweight.com/blogs/schoolhouse, you will find a wealth of information. The folks who run that site also have a wonderful group on facebook if you are interested.
        Enjoy!
        Laura

Comment

My Husband was an electronics readiness officer for the Navy... I may ask him. But, you won't catch me doing it. Not in a million years.

Comment

I asked at all my local shops and got someone in the Charlotte, NC area. He picked up at the shop and called when it was done.

Comment

As it turns out... the repair/service guy at the place I bought my Janome is a featherweight buff who loves to care for them. I'm going to drop it off there.

Comment

Vintage Sewing Machines

About this Group

Type: Public
              Topics: 42
              Comments: 165

Latest Group Topics

Collapse

Working...
              X