No announcement yet.

Very new beginners quil.ting!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I saw a few of you suggested a block swap. If you guys do get one going I would like to join in. I am new to quilting and have learned so much from Jenny's tutorials. Would like to get to know you all. None of my friends here quilt so I really enjoy this site. Monica
    :icon_wave:Monica

Comment

Hi, everyone. I'm new to quilting but I've been sewing forever. I made a strip quilted vest about 20 years ago. It was fun. I'd really like to learn the basics. I love fabric and found a great quilt shop nearby. I've learned alot from the tutorials.

Comment

Hi, I'm Jackie and have been quilting for a short time and have grown addicted to it....A friend of mine told me that all quilts shouldn't be perferct..We aren't perfect and so we shouldn't create something perfect either. I like that.
        :icon_wave:

Comment

Hi! I'm working on my first quilt and with it learning how to use a sewing machines. I saw this newbie group and thought it was pretty awesome!

Comment

I'm new to quilting too! My boyfriend is stationed in Georgia thanks to the army and the closest job I could find was 2 hours away... needless to say he told me I needed a hobby and chose sewing... mostly because he thought I'd be a natural at tailoring... not the case! Any who, my first quilt was supposed to be a tailgating blanket and it barely ended up being a lap quilt. I'm on my 3rd quilt and I actually have gotten better as I've gone along thanks to Jenny's youtube videos- though I'm far to afraid to try FMQ and stick with stitching in the ditch.
            Lindsay

"Rarely well-behaved women make history." --Laurel Thatcher Ulrich:D

Comment

Hi everyone,
              I've been quilting since about march this year. My first quilt was a disaster, (still is I haven't finished it because it went wrong, but I will).
              Since then tho I have made a couple of small quilts and little tote bags which I am very pleased with.
              Looking forward to getting to know everyone.

Comment

Hiya Waterlily, I havent finished my quilt yet, but i am working on it, I am very very new to quilting, took a class in September, so I going very slow here, I joined a Quilt guild last week, and was amazed at the talent there, but they will have some classes that will help me also.

Comment

Hi! I am a new quilter like all of you. I've made two quilts and a pillow sham so far, and I wish I knew how much fun it was years ago! I noticed a post about a block swap.. I was wondering if anyone would be interested in starting a round robin (but I would love to do a block swap as well if that's what you guys would prefer ). It would be great fun and practice and we would gain some quilting buddies in the process! Let me know!

Comment

Hello all, I am also new to quilting and have been doing "simple" quilts. I finished a denim rag quilt and I think it looks good but I could be bias lol. I am so excited to see lots of ideas and suggestions. Thanks for reading

Comment

I have been sewing for most of my life for fun. When my son was born Prematurely I was desperate for clothing that fit him properly and started sewing again and that started a little business for me from my kitchen table. I had a ball with that for 3 yrs and then hubby got cancer (he is fine, thank God) but it was a rough 2 yrs. I took a year to recover, I am still tired they say it takes twice as long to recover emotionally than it does physically and I really had no help so I admit I am still tired. Then about 18 months ago I went back into the medical corporate world. It took over my life. I stopped that in May. Started sewing again for fun and family and came across one of Jenny's tutorials. I had this crazy idea that if I can sew a 1/4 inch seam I can quilt. Well, I tried it and I can. I love it. I love it so much that it has inspired me to turn my daughters empty bedroom (over 3 yrs now) and turn it into a sewing room. Hubby has been urging me to do it since she moved but I really wasn't ready to commit to it. I am now in the process of painting it and recycling old furniture for storage.

I am going to try my hand at machine quilting in the next few days and then binding. We will see if I really can do more than sew a 1/4 seam. I am so new to this quilting thing and love this site because there is so much knowledge and such great ideas available if you look for it.

It is nice to meet you all and I am from Northern MA, where are all of you from?
                      Lisa

Please treat others as you would hope others would treat those you love.

[/COLOR]

Comment

I just joined a new group, Quilters Block exchange. I figure that it will be great practice and the finished blocks that come back to me should be great!
                        Lisa

[/COLOR]

Comment

I'm currently working on my second quilt. I had hoped, with the long Thanksgiving weekend, to really work on it. Unfortunately, I had an attack of gout and had to go to the ER and now am off my feet for a few days. I'm making an Irish String quilt. I'm also anxious to start a double cut quilt. I saw Jenny's tutorial and just loved it!

Comment

I am just wondering if any of you are as inspired or as jealous of the beautiful Christmas projects that have been posted recently. I don't have the time I want or need to devote to sewing. These more experienced ladies are so talented!
                            Lisa

[/COLOR]

Comment

I did a double cut quilt, and made it as a quilt as you go. You can see it under my name. Kaydebee. I love quilting, never took a class, just MSQC and craftsy classes. What fun. Keep quilting.

Comment

Very new beginners quil.ting!

About this Group

I very new at the whole quilting thing and so far i really like it. just want get get some friends on here and so lil help with things.
                              Type: Public
                              Topics: 9
                              Comments: 42

Owner

Latest Group Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X