Very new beginners quil.ting!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New Quilter

Hi, My name is Stefanie and I am a new quilter too. I am in the the middle of doing my first quilt. It is a little scarey at times and in the back of you mind your telling your self ( Don't Mess Up, Don't Mess Up) lol maybe we can talk and be friend and we will be newbes together..

good luck i am so happy that u did go for first step i am still looking for a shop to buy my things

Comment

hi all! I havent even started my first quilt yet...waiting ever so patiently for my supplies to be delivered!! I am so excited!!!

Comment

Hi ladies, I'm new too - I'm almost done with my first quilt - just needs binding - it's far from perfect, but I quite like it

Comment

Hi everyone, I haven't been into groups to check this for a while. My name is Mary I'm a new quilter also, I am taking the Quilting Quickly tutorials and have finished the tops for a 4 Patch and a D9P. Have started a pinwheel for my granddaughter and another D9P for my DIL. I'm excited about getting to know all of you. Would any of you like to do introductions by email?
          Mary
          A bed without a quilt, is like a sky without stars:)

Comment

Hello Girls! I'm in the process of making my first quilt in between washing loads of nappies... er, diapers... and feeding my beautiful baby boy Riley. My husband asked me this morning on his way out the door if he was going to see a finished product when he gets home... I don't think so!! - Tina
            Find my creations on facebook http://www.facebook.com/#!/tinabartondesigns

Comment

I was wondering if any of you would be interested in doing a block swap. If so give me some ideas on when you would like to start and finish them, which block you might want to do and how many blocks you would want to do. We can either do them by a theme or just possibly a favorite block of someone. After looking at some of the others it looks like it would be fun and also a neat way to maybe expand our limits and I'm sure it would give us all a really neat quilt.
              Mary
              A bed without a quilt, is like a sky without stars:)

Comment

stefanie_07: don't worry about messing up, you should see mine - only I know how many mistakes and imperfections are there - nobody else noticed
                I just finished my second quilt - this time I made a rag quilt - it was fun and the frayed edges hide all the seams that don't meet where they supposed to!

Comment

First, I want to thank Mary for inviting me to the group. I am so excited to find others with the same passion that I have for quilting. I did my first quilt years ago for my aunt when my cousin died at a young age of cancer. It was made from my cousins clothes and turned out lopsided and lumpy but my aunt loved it anyway. I did not try again for years then decided to do one for my mom for Christmas that had pictures on it(back then there was no printable fabric in the stores, you had to use iron on or nothing). That one turned out ALOT better. I didn't do anything else for a long time then when my mom died in 2009 she left behind all kinds of fabric. I definately didn't want to give it all away so I figured it was time to try the quilting again. Since then I have made a handful or two of quilts and I am feeling more confident with each one I do. And I guess my husband feels the same because he is in the process of converting one of our morgan sheds into a sewing room for me. Along with the fabric she left behind a HUGE sewing machine cabiinet. I seen one on here that someone found on Craigslist identicle to it. But the best thing is the Combi that was left. It was my grandmothers. It still runs but I need to take it in and have it serviced so I am really anxious to do that. For those of you that aren't sure what that is (don't feel bad, I only know because it says it on one of the sides), it is a sewing machine on one side and a serger on the other. Now that I have rambled on and on, I better head off to bed. I hope that I did not "talk" your ears off. Goodnight ladies.

Tammy
                  Tammy K :icon_mooooh:

Comment

Hi to all,
                    I've been quilting for about 18 months and am really loving it. Nothing I've made so far has turned out perfectly, but no one seems to notice but me. I have gotten the most help from Jennie's tutorials and am looking forward to sharing with other newbies.
                    Elaine

Comment

Hi everyone! i'm new to quilting too and absolutely loving it! I'm already addicted, so much so i sat down and watched every single one of Jenny (and the girls's) tutorials on youtube one day during a marathon breastfeeding session!
                      I'd love to do a block swap if anyone else is interested?

Comment

Started my first quilt. So far so good. I wanted to do an old fashioned hand quilt from scraps of my 'jammie' pants. (all Flannel) Did a lot of reading and watching of youtube tutorials. When I am done it will be for my 82 year old Mother as she loves things I make that are a part of me. Not really afraid of mess ups.. just want to do my best. As I get more comfortable then I will be more concerned about perfection. Will post a picture when I am done. Wish me luck! And any tips are welcome!

Comment

Hi y'all, Im new to this quilting thing, I just started a quilt this month, its comeing along. Im making two quilts for a friend of mine she having twin girls due in Dec, so I enjoying myself at making them. I come from a crafting family, my mom my grandma, My mom is a quilting gueen, she on here and dose awsome work, So I hopeing to meat new friends and get soem help on projects that r coming up. oh yeah I also do more then quilting, I can make costums pillow blankets ect... so ty
                          Whenever you have a dream inside your heart, never let it go because dreams are the tiny seeds from which beautiful tomorrow grows. Happy dreams everyone

Comment

Hi everyone! I've been on here for awhile but still new to quilting. I'm working on my 2nd quilt, another rag quilt, which I find are great for getting used to mysewing machine and getting the hang of using my rotary cutter etc. My first project was a trio of wallhangings for my daughter. Made dresden flowers for her. I can't wait until I'm done with this rag quilt so I can start with a regular 'quilted' quilt! I've learned everything from Jenny's tutorials and love maiking things. This site has really helped me! I also love to knit Christmas stockings, hats/scarves, dishcloths, and baby blankets. Along with cross stitch many different pictures. My knitting comes from one grandmother, quilting from the other, and my cross stitching from my mom. A very artsy family. My husband has also become quite good at knitting and my 3yr old daughter can't wait until she gets to make her own quilt! She has already claimed my machine for her own when I get a new one! lol I'm glad I found this group, much more my level! What's up with the block swap? I think I've blabbed enough for now, back to the sewing board!

Comment

Hello everyone. I too am a new quilter and I have my first rag quilt in the wash machine as I type. I actually have made a few quilts in the past using large squares and then tied them as opposed to quilting them. I find the borders, shasings and quilting process daunting but I would love to learn how to do it correctly. We will also be living in our motor home full time next year and am already wondering how in the world am I going to do a large project in a small space! I am exploring quilt as you go methods which led me to this forum...hoping to get some info.
                              Happy quilting
                              Bobbi
                              Bobbi
                              :icon_rofl: Laughter is good for the soul
                              And so are Martha's Cookies
                              sigpic

Comment

Very new beginners quil.ting!

About this Group

I very new at the whole quilting thing and so far i really like it. just want get get some friends on here and so lil help with things.
                              Type: Public
                              Topics: 9
                              Comments: 42

Owner

Latest Group Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X