No announcement yet.

The Fantastic Finishing Group

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2018 - what should we name our UFO group?

What do you think? Would you like to change our name for 2018? If you have an idea for another name, please post it, and then group members can vote on the different names. I'll start a separate post for voting.

Another option is to keep the same name, but add 2018 to differentiate from this year's group, i.e. "The 2018 Fantastic Finishing Group".

Please let me know your thoughts, ideas, and suggestions. (I'm happy to manage this group next year, if that is okay with all of you.)
    If you are not willing to learn, no one can help you. If you are determined to learn, no one can stop you.- Zig Ziglar

My suggestion to throw into the mix is:
    Finished is Better than Perfect.

Looking forward to seeing other suggestions!

And I again thank you, Sylvia, for all your hard work keeping this group going!
    Toni ... If I keep sewing long enough, will they make their own dinner?

Comment

G-Gramma...I like that name.

Comment

I like that too - Finished is better than Perfect - rolls off the tongue and sums up my efforts!!

Thank you Sylvia for taking the time to run the group and to all members for the encouragement.

Comment

I'd just go with Fantastic Finish Group 2018, but whatever, as long as it keeps going!

Comment

I don't care about the name, I still have a lot of projects to be finished in 2018! I will definitely join whatever the group is called.

Comment

Oh! I like "Finished is Better than Perfect"! will wait a few more days, though, before putting a new name to a vote.
              If you are not willing to learn, no one can help you. If you are determined to learn, no one can stop you.- Zig Ziglar

Comment

I also like the suggested name and will be re-joining this group. Thank you for keeping this group going!
                If you could choose to be anything choose kindness.

Visit my Flickr page, sewing and cakes!
                http://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/

www.pinterest.com/cathyfiebe/boards

Comment

Sylvia....I posted in the thread you started in the General Discussion.
                  You suggested that I start a Future Projects list and I would like to do that. Do you think it is appropriate for me to post the list in this group...after all, it is for UFOs rather than new projects? I guess with a name change to FIBTPerfect, it wouldn't make much difference. Let me know if it is OK to post there. I will understand if it is not.

Comment

I like Finished is Better Than Perfect. I think I only completed 5 things of the 9 on my list this year but that means I have a few things to start off 2018 with.
                    Ginny B

http://www.ginnyscraftbasket.wordpress.com

Comment

Thanks Sylvia for encouraging us all year so that our UFOs are finished and for making the group for next year. The proposed name I like but I will continue to be called one way or another

Comment

I'd like to join this year. I have some BOM and class projects that I'd like to finish up. Maybe this will be the motivation I need to finish some of them.

Is there a deadline or suggested date to post our lists? I need to get started on one...

Comment

I like Finished is better then perfect!
                          sigpic:icon_hug: Iris Girl = April = fabric, Fabric FABRIC!!
                          Time spent with cats is never wasted.
                          Sigmund Freud

Comment

I’m with the group...love Toni’s suggestion. Ready to post a list whenever it’s up and running!

Comment

I'll do an update and get a new group started on 12/27. I think we will get more attention after Christmas than before the holiday.

Comment

The Fantastic Finishing Group

About this Group

Do you have some UFOs (UnFinished Objects) that you want to finish? Are you having a hard time choosing what to finish next, or are you just not feeling motivated? This group is for you! We have a fun way to get those projects done in 2017.

Here is how it works.

First, you create a list, numbered from 1 - 12, of things you want to finish. Then, you post your list to this group. (You can edit and change your list at any time.)

Every month, this group will publish a random number between 1 - 12. We will each work on that number from our list. When you have finished your project, please post a picture here as well.

We’re here to support each other. It’s amazing how knowing what project to tackle helps to motivate us to finish what we start.
                              Type: Public
                              Topics: 69
                              Comments: 373

Owner

Latest Group Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X