Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

December's number is ......

December's number is #9.

I am sorry for trhe late post! My mind has been whirling with planning all that I want to do before Christmas, and I let the last days of November slip by without remembering to make this post.

I hope everyone has enjoyed participating in The Fantastic Finishing Group. We will have to start thinking of what we want to do for 2018.
    If you are not willing to learn, no one can help you. If you are determined to learn, no one can stop you.- Zig Ziglar

I have officially completed all the quilts on my 2017 list of UFOs. The last one was actually November's project that I had originally started in 2015, and was my oldest UFO. So now I can honestly say I don't have any flimsy's from prior year(s) hiding in my closet. But that's not to say I don't have a few that I started this year and haven't completed, so my list for next year may not be as long, but it has already been started!

Comment

Oh Caroline you put me to shame!! Although in my defense I did make 2 Linus quilts that were not on my list along with a load of stuff for charity and summer clothes. Never mind I will start 2018 with more determination and time (I retired at the end of September) but no doubt will get sidetracked with pretty patterns which come up in magazines etc

Comment

I went and took a free online crazy quilt class which put all the other projects on hold...but it was interesting. I put photos up in an album if you want to see.

Comment

Carolyn and Mary - Congratulations on your accomplishments! Kimsophia, I'll be looking for those pictures. 2017 wasn't a good year for me, however I am looking forward to an improvement, and more quilt making in 2018.
          If you are not willing to learn, no one can help you. If you are determined to learn, no one can stop you.- Zig Ziglar

Comment

I spent the whole year wishing that I had time to sew. I did finish one charity quilt (that hadn't been on my UFO list), but that's about it. I think after this year of rest, I'm going to really knuckle down in 2018. Thanks, Sylvia, for keeping us going yet another year.
            Toni ... If I keep sewing long enough, will they make their own dinner?

Comment

I was too ambitious. All my listed UFOs for 2017 were huge. I am happy I finished 7 so far and I progressed in a couple of others. This group has helped a lot.

Comment

Congratulations to everyone who even got one project finished!!! That may be one project more than you would have gotten done without this group. I know that’s the case with me. I did finish 4 projects and I’m thrilled with that. Have one almost to completion, so that will be on next year’s list. Hope to see everyone there!
                Also, thanks Sylvia for hosting. We appreciate your efforts to help us complete projects.

Comment

The Fantastic Finishing Group

About this Group

Do you have some UFOs (UnFinished Objects) that you want to finish? Are you having a hard time choosing what to finish next, or are you just not feeling motivated? This group is for you! We have a fun way to get those projects done in 2017.

Here is how it works.

First, you create a list, numbered from 1 - 12, of things you want to finish. Then, you post your list to this group. (You can edit and change your list at any time.)

Every month, this group will publish a random number between 1 - 12. We will each work on that number from our list. When you have finished your project, please post a picture here as well.

We’re here to support each other. It’s amazing how knowing what project to tackle helps to motivate us to finish what we start.
                Type: Public
                Topics: 69
                Comments: 373

Owner

Latest Group Topics

Collapse

• chelea
                  Willcox and Gibbs
                  by chelea
                  Several months ago I let a Singer 24 get away. This time, same consignment shop, I didn't hesitate. Meet Eleanor, c. 1891. The Willcox and Gibbs story...
                  November 24, 2020, 03:30 PM
                • KPH
                  My Secret Santa box has arrived.
                  by KPH
                  Just Lyn, Thanks so much. I appreciate all of the hard work you have done. That's an amazing Advent Calendar. I can't wait to see the kids again to show...
                  November 19, 2020, 03:06 PM
                • KPH
                  Secret Santa Arrivals
                  by KPH
                  Alrighty, for the sake of my nerves... I know one of the rules is to send me the tracking numbers. All well and good, but when your package arrives. Would...
                  November 12, 2020, 08:39 AM
                • Monique
                  It has arrived
                  by Monique
                  My parcel from Chris has arrived and mine is on an airplane headed to her. WOOHOO!!

I will fondle it gently when I pick it up and then put...
                  November 10, 2020, 03:38 AM
                • KPH
                  New Leader needed for 2021
                  by KPH
                  We're reaching that point, of thinking about 2021 SS. I hope someone will step up and be the moderator for next year. I have all of the letters and files...
                  November 1, 2020, 01:41 PM
                Working...
                X