The Fantastic Finishing Group

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

August's UFO Number

I hope everyone is enjoying working on and finishing their UFOs. For the month of August, the number is ... 4.

The previous numbers were: January - 6; February - 12; March - 7; April - 11; May - 3; June - 1; July - 10

My breaking news is I FINALLY did something in my sewing room this week! I am making a memory quilt for the grandmother of a young man who died. I hope to have it finished in a few weeks.
    If you are not willing to learn, no one can help you. If you are determined to learn, no one can stop you.- Zig Ziglar

Thanks for drawing the number early. Been anxiously waiting. Getting some progress done on one of my UFOs, but still dreading quilting the two hanging on my quilt frame. I just get totally locked up when I have something to quilt! 4 is my winter skirts, so I have a few months before I need them.

Comment

Thanks so much, Sylvia! I got the Floating Hexagons quilt top done thanks to you and this group!

Comment

Hi Sylvia, It's so wonderful to see any of your posts!

I must confess, July was a non-UFO month for me. I didn't work on my July project at all. But I wasn't lazy or unproductive, I did start and complete a King size quilt for my Brother, and finished another top which is added to my UFO stack. And since I already had 7 of my UFO's finished before July, I'm not feeling one bit guilty either .

But I will be more diligent in the upcoming months. Actually this weekend I got a jump start on several of my UFOs by going shopping for backing fabric & batting, piecing the backing if necessary and prepping the binding material, so they are ready to go to the LA or to be quilted on my DSM.

Comment

My #4 is to work on my Son's bear quilt. Top is done, backing is purchased. I need to piece the back and get it sandwiched. We shall see how the weather acts. I don't do much when its too hot. This has a heavy flannel backing so we shall see.
          sigpic:icon_hug: Iris Girl = April = fabric, Fabric FABRIC!!
          Time spent with cats is never wasted.
          Sigmund Freud

Comment

I am exactly a month behind. My August project should be an Advent Calendar I pushed up several times, but I am going to work on July's instead: quilting Allietare. All I was able to do during July was to baste it (progress is progress, right?) I have just started SITD the blocks. My work schedule until mid-October is CRAZY and I don't know how much progress will go on til then.

Comment

My number 4 is my DD Christmas quilt started 2 years ago. I am sew behind but will be back sewing at the weekend, I may skip the others and do her quilt as it is a birthday gift and needed for October. Everything thing else doesn't have a time limit so will backtrack after her quilt is done. I am retiring in September so will have loads of time, yayyyy!!

Comment

My #4 is my Craftsy BOM from last year. I'm on round 4--I think, but this one is the applique so we will see how much I get done. Especially now that school is starting back up.
                "I must be royalty, I have quilts-in-waiting."

Comment

The Fantastic Finishing Group

About this Group

Do you have some UFOs (UnFinished Objects) that you want to finish? Are you having a hard time choosing what to finish next, or are you just not feeling motivated? This group is for you! We have a fun way to get those projects done in 2017.

Here is how it works.

First, you create a list, numbered from 1 - 12, of things you want to finish. Then, you post your list to this group. (You can edit and change your list at any time.)

Every month, this group will publish a random number between 1 - 12. We will each work on that number from our list. When you have finished your project, please post a picture here as well.

We’re here to support each other. It’s amazing how knowing what project to tackle helps to motivate us to finish what we start.
                Type: Public
                Topics: 69
                Comments: 373

Owner

Latest Group Topics

Collapse

Working...
                X