The Fantastic Finishing Group

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Discussion of progress on July's projects

The month is halfway gone and I haven't seen any thread, so I am starting this one to try to get motivated. I finished my 6th project (Monolog: a quilt made from monochromatic log-cabin blocks) a few days ago, but I had visitors since and my messing room had to be turned into a guest room for them to stay. They are now gone and I am off work this weekend (after laundry and grocery shopping).
    I still don't know what to work at next, but I am going to need to purchase some more batting. The largest piece I have is not enough for either of the candidates I am considering quilting (Jamestown Landing or Allietare, both Bonnie Hunter's patterns). I can't buy any more batting until Monday, though, so I might try sewing a purse or another cushion cover.
    What are you up to?

I am switching projects again. I just bought some batting and basted Allietare, so this is the quilt I am determined to quilt in what is left of July. I'll start with SITD the blocks on Friday, and hope to get some inspiration for further custom FMQ.

Comment

Hello!! I'm trying to close the gap from previous lapses in progresss. I did finish adding boarders and dropping off one quilt for the long arm. A second I have turned from a pile of blocks into a top that needs a boarder. So, I consider this big progress! I'm not sure if I'll get my third top done this summer or not, but it won't likely be this month. Oh decisions...on how to budget time!!

I haven't added new projects to the pile so I call that a win!!

Comment

I'm still hand sewing my hexagon pieces together. Pretty sure this one will not be finished this year but I am a lot further now then I was.

Comment

I've gotten more done and am not as behind as I thought I was. I have completed 1, 3, 6, 7 and 10. 12 I finally got the quilting done now just need to hand sew down the binding. (My least favorite task). 11 I still have to quilt and bind. I think I know what I want to quilt, just working up the nerve to get started. I know the only way I'm going to get better at the quilting part is to just do it, but getting started is hard. August I'll be working on #8, so I hope that's the number picked. Going to my daughters to help with grandbaby #2 and it's the only portable/hand/small project I have that will fit in the suitcase.

Comment

July has just flown by for me! I started out strong working on my #10 blocks, but those have taken a back seat. My # 7 from March is off the machine and I'm in the process of hand-stitching the binding down. I just put one of my bonus mini-quilts on the FMQ machine today and I've already gotten it about 1/5 done. Not sure if I'm going to make much more progress, school starts back up for me in 2 1/2 weeks.
            "I must be royalty, I have quilts-in-waiting."

Comment

I think I can get the Floating Hexagons top done by the 31st. It isn't going to get quilted as the batting is a couple of inches thick, so I'll be tying it. But just getting the top done is a major accomplishment. :P

Comment

The Fantastic Finishing Group

About this Group

Do you have some UFOs (UnFinished Objects) that you want to finish? Are you having a hard time choosing what to finish next, or are you just not feeling motivated? This group is for you! We have a fun way to get those projects done in 2017.

Here is how it works.

First, you create a list, numbered from 1 - 12, of things you want to finish. Then, you post your list to this group. (You can edit and change your list at any time.)

Every month, this group will publish a random number between 1 - 12. We will each work on that number from our list. When you have finished your project, please post a picture here as well.

We’re here to support each other. It’s amazing how knowing what project to tackle helps to motivate us to finish what we start.
              Type: Public
              Topics: 69
              Comments: 373

Owner

Latest Group Topics

Collapse

Working...
              X