The Fantastic Finishing Group

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Discuss your June, 2017 project(s) progress

I started to quilt my Close the Door quilt today. Slow going as I have to make many twists and turns. Straight line quilt in the ditch around the blocks. How's your project going?

We leave in 2 weeks for a 2 month car trip so I am frantically doing some of the machine stuff and packing my hand quilting to work on. That's just the nature of my life, so I never get my 12 projects done. I am just plugging along and I always finish so much more than if I were not in the group. Last year I think it was 7 total, and I only added one wedding quilt (lap size). This year I already added 2 new ones, a baby quilt and a housewarming. I realize that I only add gifts, so I don't feel too bad about dropping one of the 10 or so I am doing for myself .

Can't wait to see how far I get this year.

Comment

I haven't been sewing for many weeks now, but I would like to resume my quilting projects (most of my 2017 list consists in finished tops I want to FMQ).
      I have just registered for two more Craftsy quilting classes and I ordered a couple of new presser feet. I am now piecing the required practice blocks from the class materials.

Comment

AnitaGirl....have a good trip. I like road trips but we don't do many unless it's for a set purpose. I like to go just to relax and have a change of scenery. Handwork is always a good project while traveling.

Comment

Lourixe....that's my goal list for the rest of the year....to finish tops that need quilting and binding. I do the minimum of quilting and only do straight lines. It is my least favorite prt of the quilting process. Have fun with your classes.

Comment

Sew-what, I actually enjoy FMQing... small projects. My issue is the ridiculous small harp my machine has. I am going to attempt splitting the large quilts in 3-4 parts and see if it gets any better.
            I also needed some training in the pedal+hands coordination as I haven't quilted for long. I am following Christina Cameli's classes, I think she is a great instructor.

Comment

I feel like shouting, "wait for me" as I am struggling to catch up. I have had a few set backs on my UFO list, mainly not having backing etc.

However, that's been remedied today, been to my favourite fabric shop and bought the required backing - plus a bit more because it's pretty!! And a pack of Bali pops because it needed a home and it's REALLY pretty!! Just need a pattern but keep telling myself to finish the others before moving to something new!!

Comment

I have not been in my sewing area for the past few days. I have been busy with visitors, gardening and dealing with household disruptions. Hope to get back at sewing by the weekend.

Comment

I am happy I found the perfect backing for my sons bear quilt. Now I can move on from this project. Currently working on another round of quilts for Marilyn's PICU group
                  sigpic:icon_hug: Iris Girl = April = fabric, Fabric FABRIC!!
                  Time spent with cats is never wasted.
                  Sigmund Freud

Comment

These are my practice samplers from Christina Cameli's Crafty class "Free-Motion quilting essentials". I had great fun while doing them. I used scraps for the front, but the prints were so busy I had to take the pics from the back.

As soon as my new presser feet arrive, I'd like to work on my Blue Spiderweb quilt (it was May's project on my list). I know how I want to quilt the cobwebs, with silvery grey thread, but I still need to decide what to do with the blue background areas. Maybe pebbles with bue thread that blends in?

Comment

I think the spider web quilting will look great. You could do a simple meander in the blue areas.
                      Your FMQ samples look like a fun time...they came out well. I can do FMQ on scrap blocks but doing them on a full quilt is what defeats me. I am going to try it this year. I have a top ready to quilt but need to get other projects finished so I can relax and enjoy the FMQ.

Comment

Louri, your fmq samples are absolutely gorgeous.

Comment

Great job! I think any filler you like would look good in the blue squares of the quilt. Can't wait to see your finished picture.

Comment

I took a break from the Village quilt to make baby bibs and burp cloths for my cousin's kids' babies but I should be able to get back to the Village quilt now.

For some reason I can't attach photos here but a sample layout is in my album called "The Village Quilt"

Comment

Got my sons quilt backing in the mail yesterday so it will get washed today and then I can sandwich and quilt it.
                              sigpic:icon_hug: Iris Girl = April = fabric, Fabric FABRIC!!
                              Time spent with cats is never wasted.
                              Sigmund Freud

Comment

The Fantastic Finishing Group

About this Group

Do you have some UFOs (UnFinished Objects) that you want to finish? Are you having a hard time choosing what to finish next, or are you just not feeling motivated? This group is for you! We have a fun way to get those projects done in 2017.

Here is how it works.

First, you create a list, numbered from 1 - 12, of things you want to finish. Then, you post your list to this group. (You can edit and change your list at any time.)

Every month, this group will publish a random number between 1 - 12. We will each work on that number from our list. When you have finished your project, please post a picture here as well.

We’re here to support each other. It’s amazing how knowing what project to tackle helps to motivate us to finish what we start.
                              Type: Public
                              Topics: 69
                              Comments: 373

Owner

Latest Group Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X