The Fantastic Finishing Group

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

June's UFO Number!

Congratulations to all who are moving forward with their UFOs. I have been overwhelmed with issues, some health, some emotional, but I look forward to geting back into a better routine and to the enjoyment of quilting. However, time does move on, and it is time for another month's UFO project. So .... the number for June is ... #1

What will you be finishing in June? And the recap for the year - January - 6; February - 12; March - 7; April - 11; May - 3
    If you are not willing to learn, no one can help you. If you are determined to learn, no one can stop you.- Zig Ziglar

I'm going to have to play around with my numbers again. #1 is my long term project (hand quilting) and since there is no way I could get it finished in one month, especially since my dear baby brother asked for a king size quilt that I'm itching to get started on as soon as the fabric arrives (should be here Friday).

So I'm flip flopping #1 and #10 (already completed earlier in the year)

Comment

I got the four mini quilts done this month! THANK YOU, SYLVIA! This is a great group for me. I have gotten so much done.

June's project for me will be The Village applique quilt. It will be nice to get back to it after a break. I don't think I could get this thing quilted on my home machine so I'll have to hire someone. But I do hope to be able to get the top finished.

Comment

I had to do some juggling. My #1 was to finish a Drunkard's Path quilt. I am still collecting black & white fabrics for it so it won't be finished for quite a while. It has been in the works for over a year. This month I will try to get my Walk Out the Door quilt finished. It was a pattern I saw on Craftsy called Coming Out.
        It's summer and the outdoors is calling but hopefully we can all get a UFO finished this month. Good Luck.

Comment

Wow this group has motivated me a lot this year! hanks all. My number 1 is done. I have been working on my sons bear quilt but need to find purple plaid flannel. Not sure what I will work on next. Have R/W/B topper going now.
          sigpic:icon_hug: Iris Girl = April = fabric, Fabric FABRIC!!
          Time spent with cats is never wasted.
          Sigmund Freud

Comment

I am slowly plowing ahead. I found the pattern for the summer wall hanging to go with my summer bed runner (completed) and just need to get it done and make two pillows to complete my #3 from last month. I am plugging along with my FMQ and machine appliqué of all the other months. Only April is finished. But I will not despair.

We leave for a 2 month trip in 3 weeks so I think I will finish February and March before I leave but not January or May. I will keep plugging along. In the mean time, June is my BFF's quilt, which I am dying to start. She asked me for this one when she moved in to her new house last year when I told her it would be my house warming gift. She had just moved back to our country from a very far away, inaccessible one and I am so happy to have her just a short plane ride away. She gave me the colors, I found the fabric and I have an idea of how I want it to look. Now I just need to find a pattern to match what I have in my head, or make it up. I may need to bring out the drafting paper .

I, too, thank the organizers of this and past year's groups. I have gotten so much done and it helps me to have both encouragement and accountability. I tend to be a bit scattered and think I can get more done than I actually can, and this helps me focus.

Comment

I'm swapping June's #1 for my #2. Don't really like the JRR so will probably do that last.

I have had to make a few notes on my original list because I am getting behind but will aim to catch up this/next month!! BUT I am going away to the East coast on Saturday for a week so will be taking cross stitch, knitting and crochet - wish I'd thought to put those on my list!!

Comment

My #1 is completed so I am going to continue on #2 The Americana quilt. Just need to make the label and get it sewed on then it will be completed. From there I will continue onto #3 the Hexagon paper pieced quilt. Now that it is summer and we are camping almost every weekend and this is when I work on this quilt. It's being done by hand and we have no electricity where we camp so this one is perfect for those lazy days basting in the warm sun while hand sewing.

Comment

Well, somebody is trying to tell me something. My #1 is the one hanging on my frame waiting on me to quilt it. It's just the getting started that stinks...having to change the needle, adjust pressures and tensions, do a test Sandwich...if it was a long arm that stayed ready all the time, I don't think it would be as difficult to get motivated. But, I just get my machine on the frame, and a week later the hubs rips a pocket in his dress pants and wants it mended...but the machine is on the quilt frame!!! So, neither the pants or the quilt are getting done.

Comment

tfrankum, it sounds like you need another machine . I love having two, but even then, I always have a machine appliqué project stuck in the sewing machine when I need to mend something or sew a regular seam. Such is life and I probably am not getting another machine just for that!
                    Good luck on the FMQ and buy your hubby another pair of pants?

Comment

I did finish my R/W/B topper wasn't on the list but was working on it while nothing else to work on. Sill need to find purple plaid flannel for backing on my sons quilt.
                      sigpic:icon_hug: Iris Girl = April = fabric, Fabric FABRIC!!
                      Time spent with cats is never wasted.
                      Sigmund Freud

Comment

The Fantastic Finishing Group

About this Group

Do you have some UFOs (UnFinished Objects) that you want to finish? Are you having a hard time choosing what to finish next, or are you just not feeling motivated? This group is for you! We have a fun way to get those projects done in 2017.

Here is how it works.

First, you create a list, numbered from 1 - 12, of things you want to finish. Then, you post your list to this group. (You can edit and change your list at any time.)

Every month, this group will publish a random number between 1 - 12. We will each work on that number from our list. When you have finished your project, please post a picture here as well.

We’re here to support each other. It’s amazing how knowing what project to tackle helps to motivate us to finish what we start.
                      Type: Public
                      Topics: 69
                      Comments: 373

Owner

Latest Group Topics

Collapse

Working...
                      X