The Fantastic Finishing Group

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

May's UFO Number

I wanted to make sure the May number was picked before May 1st. The number is #3.

I haven't been on the forum for a few weeks, and I was so glad to see all the finished projects this group has made. Keep up the good work everyone.

As a recap, the numbers for the previous months have been: January - 6; February - 12; March - 7; April - 11.
    If you are not willing to learn, no one can help you. If you are determined to learn, no one can stop you.- Zig Ziglar

#3. I have that quilt on the frame. I'm so excited it's #3 for May.

Comment

Sylivia, you always pick the best # for me. I started working on #3 a few weeks ago (sandwiched & basted), and have done a little bit of the quilting on it. Wasn't real happy with the quilting so far, and was planning on putting it aside for awhile, but that kind of defeats the purpose of setting these goals doesn't it. So back to the sewing machine it goes (but will probably rip out the little bit of quilting I've done so far first).

Comment

I had already started quilting a top so had to switch #3 and #4. If the universe cooperates, this one should be finished by May 10 or 11 and I may get a start on, and maybe even finish, a second project in May.

Comment

My #3 is a runner I have had done for quite awhile and just needs quilting and binding. Hope I can get it done...
          sigpic:icon_hug: Iris Girl = April = fabric, Fabric FABRIC!!
          Time spent with cats is never wasted.
          Sigmund Freud

Comment

Well, how appropriate...My May project isn't quilt related, but clothing related...2 summer skirts that I've had cut out for months now. Since it got up to 90 today, I'm thinking it's time to get them finished. Sadly, I pulled my Bernina off the table and it's now residing on my quilt trolley awaiting me to quilt 2 tops that are ready. I guess I better get it in gear, cause that thing is too heavy to be moving back and forth.

Comment

thanks for posting Sylvia! We are missing you in the WIP thread <3

Let us know if you need anything- and congrats to everyone who has kept up! This might be the month I don't get a quilting project done, but only time will tell....

Comment

Thanks for giving us the May number, mine is the log cabin in browns. I followed EB tutorial but it needs squaring up and I didn't have a large enough ruler so it went into the drawer. DD bought me a 15.5 ruler for Christmas. Luckily it's for us - hubby will be pleased!!

I didn't get April's done as I need to go fabric shopping but thankfully I have all the fabric for the log cabin yayyyy!!!

Comment

I'm about 1/3 the way around with sewing the binding down on Lily's quilt (last month's UFO) so that will be in the "done" pile within the week.
                  This month's # is to work on (and hopefully finish) a COC quilt that has been sitting on the side of my sewing machine for a long, long time.
                  Ginny B

http://www.ginnyscraftbasket.wordpress.com

Comment

Last quilt (bonus quilt) finished today for April's list. Now to get on to the runner for May's list.
                    sigpic:icon_hug: Iris Girl = April = fabric, Fabric FABRIC!!
                    Time spent with cats is never wasted.
                    Sigmund Freud

Comment

My number 3 is another bed runner set. Whew, since I am leaving on a trip again in 2 days and don't get back until the 13th I will have to get in gear when I get back. I have one at the almost completed stage that I think I will choose, and see how it goes. Still FMQ and machine appliqueing (my logjam areas) so I will just keep plugging along. As RockinLou says, only time will tell.

Comment

This has been such a good way to organize my efforts on my projects! This month I am working on four mini-quilts that are a series in the same fabric line, Roses and Chocolates. They are just nine patches from a charm pack but I am adding lace and embroidery on them like a crazy quilt, so they are a hybrid. I want to hang them on the wall of my sewing room in a row. They are very pastel except with milk chocolate brown on some of the prints. I had hand pieced them months ago and then set them aside because I didn't know what I wanted to do for ornamentation or how to do it well. I took a Craftsy class and got some books for ideas so I'm ready to try some ideas. I'm happy to be getting all this stuff done. I work better with assignments and goals.

Comment

I started May's project in mid-April, but have stalled. #3 for me is to quilt & bind my Rhumbus Cube quilt. But I'm not happy with the results so far. I haven't done a lot of the quilting (stitch in the ditch w/a walking foot) but I'm getting lots of bunching and tucks on the backside, so rather than continue, I'm taking a break from it before I pick all my stitching out and start again. So in the mean time, I've started another quilt that will probably end up being on next years UFO list (LOL)

Comment

The Fantastic Finishing Group

About this Group

Do you have some UFOs (UnFinished Objects) that you want to finish? Are you having a hard time choosing what to finish next, or are you just not feeling motivated? This group is for you! We have a fun way to get those projects done in 2017.

Here is how it works.

First, you create a list, numbered from 1 - 12, of things you want to finish. Then, you post your list to this group. (You can edit and change your list at any time.)

Every month, this group will publish a random number between 1 - 12. We will each work on that number from our list. When you have finished your project, please post a picture here as well.

We’re here to support each other. It’s amazing how knowing what project to tackle helps to motivate us to finish what we start.
                          Type: Public
                          Topics: 69
                          Comments: 373

Owner

Latest Group Topics

Collapse

Working...
                          X