The Fantastic Finishing Group

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Post here and let us know about your progress on projects

I finished my March project (finally!)and got a start on quilting my April one. I feel that this one will be slow going. Of course, it will depend on the weather. If we get rdf like we have today, it will go faster than if the weather is warm/sunny.
    How is everyone else doing?
    I am off to the sewing area but will check back later this evening.

It's slow going for me now that the weather is getting warmer. Yard work needs done and then we will be off camping. My sewing room is in the basement and there is not much natural light so I don't like to be down there when it is warm and sunny outside. I do have a quilt on the frame that I have been working on this month but that warm sun keeps calling my name.

Comment

Didn't get much time in the sewing room at the weekend and have been packing to go away with the family for Easter - Friday until Monday. It will be lovely I'm sure but can't take any sewing, maybe some knitting or crochet.. I think it will take the rest of the month to do April's UFO as I only sewing one day a week at present!

Comment

Warm weather equals less sewing for me also. Yard work that needs to be done etc. I have finished 2 quilts so far for Marilyn's PICU group. The 3rd is sandwiched and ready to quilt. They 4th is in my head ready to be cut. Not sure I will get all 4 done, but will try . I can fit 4 quilts in the size box I usually send so aiming for that
        sigpic:icon_hug: Iris Girl = April = fabric, Fabric FABRIC!!
        Time spent with cats is never wasted.
        Sigmund Freud

Comment

Thanks for checking in, girls!
          Looks like most of us are looking forward to being outdoors at gardening and other assorted things. Keep checking in if you get any more sewing done during April.

Mary...have a good trip.

I did get a fair amount of quilting done today. I am doing S.-in-the-D. quilting on this quilt. It is going faster than I anticipated. It is a big size quilt. This is only the second one I've quilted on my Brother PQ1500. I am loving the larger throat space. May get more done tomorrow morning...not sure. I need to get groceries tomorrow as Friday is a holiday and Saturday is hair appointment.

Comment

Well April is done, and a few weekends ago we had a break in the rain and I had a day off from work (rarely happens on the same day it seems), so I set up my table outside and sandwiched/spray basted a few of my other UFO tops. Now that busy time at work is near an end, I should be able to get these finished up quickly, but first like so many others....spring yard work (UGH).

Comment

I'm still here. Not accomplishing much though. My mom's passing has been extremely hard.
              Bec

Comment

Bec....so sorry to hear about your loss. It takes a long time to work through the grief. It never disappears but does ease with time.

Comment

My April project is just about finished. I have started hand-sewing the binding to the back.

Comment

Another quilt done for Marilyns PICU group
                    sigpic:icon_hug: Iris Girl = April = fabric, Fabric FABRIC!!
                    Time spent with cats is never wasted.
                    Sigmund Freud

Comment

Finished my April project! I may start a new quilt...gotta let the creative juices flow. Actual quilting is boring but all the rest is great. IMHO.

Comment

Well I was chugging along with the Dresden cushion but don't like the backing fabric so I've ground to a halt, will have to wait until June when I go to my favourite fabric shop to buy something else. So as I got to visit my sewing room on Monday I started the double slice quilt. I know I should have taken something else from the list but have wanted to do this for a couple of years - have decided to completely finish it and NOT put it away until it's done!!

Comment

Ahhh, Mary! I know the feeling. I hope your Dresden gets finished within this year. It's always so satisfying to finish a project that's been on hold for more than a year. Good Luck with the D.Slice quilt.
                          I haven't started anything new but the itch is getting itchier!

Comment

DH - I don't get this sewing lark - you cut up perfectly good fabric and sew it back together again!!!

Me - I don't get this woodworking lark - you cut up a perfectly good piece of wood and nail it back together again!!

DH - yes but i make something useful for you or the house. You just put your 'thing' in a drawer and call it a UFO or you finish it and give it away!! We never get to keep anything!!!

Me - Ummm!!!

Comment

Well, here on the northwest coast of Mexico (think inland and hour, not pretty beach :-( ) it is starting to really heat up. We are already using the AC, early for this year. I do get more done in the summer than the winter, when our work in the migrant camps is busier. But we will be traveling quite a bit so we'll see. I, too, am off to my sewing room after I sweep, mop, clean the bathrooms and kitchen. We'll see if I have any energy left after that!

I'd like to finish my March quilt, which needs about 4 hours work, this week end and move along a bit on either January or February. Whichever I'm in the mood for. So glad to have at least one finish this year!

Comment

The Fantastic Finishing Group

About this Group

Do you have some UFOs (UnFinished Objects) that you want to finish? Are you having a hard time choosing what to finish next, or are you just not feeling motivated? This group is for you! We have a fun way to get those projects done in 2017.

Here is how it works.

First, you create a list, numbered from 1 - 12, of things you want to finish. Then, you post your list to this group. (You can edit and change your list at any time.)

Every month, this group will publish a random number between 1 - 12. We will each work on that number from our list. When you have finished your project, please post a picture here as well.

We’re here to support each other. It’s amazing how knowing what project to tackle helps to motivate us to finish what we start.
                              Type: Public
                              Topics: 69
                              Comments: 373

Owner

Latest Group Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X