The Fantastic Finishing Group

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

April's Number

So, I am lying here, watching a rerun on TV, and remembered - it is April 1 - and I forgot to post the new number. Well, this was not meant to be an April Fool's joke at all. Up I 'jump' and go to my little container with all the numbers and pull out .... number 11.

My number 11 is my "Scrappy Stars" quilt. All the fabric are leftovers from previous projects. I think it is going to look very good when it is finished. I have not been successful with my UFOs this year - I am hoping this might be a 'lucky stars' quilt too, getting me back into quilting mode.

To recap - the projects so far have been: January, #6; February, #12; March, #7; April #11.
    If you are not willing to learn, no one can help you. If you are determined to learn, no one can stop you.- Zig Ziglar

Thank you, Sylvia, I have been eager to do something for myself! My number 11 is a Dresden plate cushion, lovely! I'd better get cracking, hopefully it shouldn't take long then I can get back to DGS quilt - it's the Plus Quilt from one of Jenny's tutorials.

I hope your UFO gets you back into the swing of things!!

Comment

My number 11 is make some quilts for Marilyn's PICU group. I just finished one and have another started with 2 more ideas in my head.
      sigpic:icon_hug: Iris Girl = April = fabric, Fabric FABRIC!!
      Time spent with cats is never wasted.
      Sigmund Freud

Comment

Perfecto!! My #11 is the Easter baskets kit that has been taunting me!! They want to be ready for this year ❤️

Comment

I'm starting to see a pattern in my UFOs. (I'm a little slow. ) I'm going to either have to change my list or learn how to work my long arm which I bought for just this reason, unfinished quilt tops. Guess I need to get quilting or I'll be in the same position I was in at the beginning of the year.

Comment

Perfect # for me. I finished 11 in January so I can claim to be done for April. And I just finished Marckh's in the wee hours this morning.

Comment

Well, had to do some swapping around...can't quilt a quilt that's not done yet...so #11 is my split 9 patch top. I'm actually working on that one as a leader/ender project, so it will be ongoing. I guess that gives me another month to get the two quilts that are done quilted. I'm glad to see I'm not the only one who can't seem to get tops quilted...

Comment

I am still working on my March project. I am hoping to finish it by sometime next week.

Comment

Hey, just in time! The Easter tree decoration!

Comment

On a trip. I am so bummed I have to wait until I get home to see my number! Have fun, everyone.

Comment

Did some switching since I didn't have anything for #11. So I moved a quilt I'm making for our granddaughter into that spot and hopefully I'll get the next step (putting the Chenille-It) on done and then comes the binding.
                      Ginny B

http://www.ginnyscraftbasket.wordpress.com

Comment

Hope it's not too late to join. I made a list of 8 items and numbered them with the numbers you have left. Perhaps I can get something finished this year!

Comment

The Butterfly quilt is done! Next up a Raccoon quilt. Love doing these for Marilyn's group they are fun quick and I get to do ones I would not have otherwise.
                          sigpic:icon_hug: Iris Girl = April = fabric, Fabric FABRIC!!
                          Time spent with cats is never wasted.
                          Sigmund Freud

Comment

I got my April UFO done too! Easter Baskets. I think for me the trick to feeling accomplished is to focus on small scale projects! I'll conquer the bigger items in Atlanta this summer, because that's where they all are located. :-)

Comment

Well, I am home and found out my #11 had already been bumped for the baby quilt for my new grandson. My DIL was a little slow in getting me the pattern she wanted me to do so I forgot to put the little guy on the list. But I actually did get it done to deliver when I went to see him for the first time. Love those air miles!!!!!

So, I am revising my list and this month I am working on January through March, calling April a finish. I am getting closer to the finishes on Jan-Mar as well. Such a good feeling!

Comment

The Fantastic Finishing Group

About this Group

Do you have some UFOs (UnFinished Objects) that you want to finish? Are you having a hard time choosing what to finish next, or are you just not feeling motivated? This group is for you! We have a fun way to get those projects done in 2017.

Here is how it works.

First, you create a list, numbered from 1 - 12, of things you want to finish. Then, you post your list to this group. (You can edit and change your list at any time.)

Every month, this group will publish a random number between 1 - 12. We will each work on that number from our list. When you have finished your project, please post a picture here as well.

We’re here to support each other. It’s amazing how knowing what project to tackle helps to motivate us to finish what we start.
                              Type: Public
                              Topics: 69
                              Comments: 373

Owner

Latest Group Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X