The Fantastic Finishing Group

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Making progress, how is everyone doing?

I have the body of the Labyrinth walk quilted and 2 of the borders. That leaves 2 borders and binding hoping I can get this off the list soon.
    sigpic:icon_hug: Iris Girl = April = fabric, Fabric FABRIC!!
    Time spent with cats is never wasted.
    Sigmund Freud

I'm making progress with my UFO's too. I even finished this month's already. Of course, I only had the binding left to put onto the heart potholder (which was my March UFO) but I just decided to pick it up and take it with me to work the other day and I sewed the binding down at lunchtime. Done!
    Ginny B

http://www.ginnyscraftbasket.wordpress.com

Comment

I started the year out with a bang, getting 4 of my UFOs done by the end of February. This month though is another story as I seem to have hit a wall.

Work has me very busy, so not much time to quilt, and what little time I do have my machine isn't cooperating and needs to go to the shop for an adjustment.

I did receive an awesome gift of a free quilt frame for hand stitching, and I have spent some time putting it together, and making new leaders for it, just need to attach them now, so even though it's not on my list, maybe I can practice some hand quilting in my spare time.

Comment

Finally the Labyrinth walk quilt is done. It took almost 2 years to finish , but its done.Not the best job but done!
        sigpic:icon_hug: Iris Girl = April = fabric, Fabric FABRIC!!
        Time spent with cats is never wasted.
        Sigmund Freud

Comment

This year my UFOs are a bit behind I´ve been sewing costumes for carnaval and making baby jackets with needles but I have been able to finish two quilt, the March number is waiting for the wadding to arrive any day because I like the wool and in my country I do not find it so I must ask M* and we know that there is no fixed day to arrival of the orders abroad can be two weeks or two months, I hope it is soon and finish it, meanwhile I will try to finish another UFO that is more easy

Comment

Moving along a a good clip. Bed runner is quilted and the matching wall hanging is basted and ready to go. My #7 is in the machine and 1/3 quilted. Just a wall hanging so I should be able to get it done and hopefully add the other wall hanging in as well. Machine applique is going along, slowly but surely. I had to stick a baby quilt in for my new grandson, I'll be visiting to meet him next week so I have to get it done before I leave. That's an extra so I might drop another one from my list to be more realistic. My list, my hobby after all, right?
            I'll check in in April again!

Comment

Well I've finished February's UFO, just have the threads to bury. Have finished the topper for March, just have to sandwich and quilt. Won't get back into my sewing room until the weekend, will post my photos then. How optimistic am I that I'll get the quilting done in a day!!!!

Comment

I have 2 ready to be quilted...my least favorite part, so no telling how long they will hang on my quilt frame. Still plugging away at my 10 year old BOM, but making good progress. Tend to run in spurts...work really hard one week, and three weeks will go by and I won't touch a thing. Need to find a balance.

Comment

I got my UFO for March finished by the 15th. I'm impressed with myself ;-) but we go on vacation next week and have house guests the following week so Im highly motivated!

Comment

Been ill the past week and that just makes me sick being home and not being able to sew. Need to get the binding on this moths project and then it will be completed.

Comment

So many pretties being finished up this month. Seems everyone is keeping busy (but me). Keep up the good and gorgeous work!

Comment

Making no progress on this month's project. It just seems so overwhelming to quilt this BIG quilt on my small machine. I have been sewing....making 'crumb' blocks to use lots of small leftover fabric pieces.

Comment

As usual, I am way behind.

I love looking at all the beautiful accomplishments!

Comment

I am way behind too. Just can't seem to get myself motivated enough to longarm. I just keep making tops. I blame it on the grand babies, they are here almost everyday and by the time they are down for the night I'm too tired to longarm( but I love every second I'm with them). I will just get them done when I can.
                            sigpicAnita G.

Comment

I didn't make a list this time around. I am, however, keeping up with my swaps and Secret Santa 2017. I'll get to my UFOs as I get more organized.
                              Bec

Comment

The Fantastic Finishing Group

About this Group

Do you have some UFOs (UnFinished Objects) that you want to finish? Are you having a hard time choosing what to finish next, or are you just not feeling motivated? This group is for you! We have a fun way to get those projects done in 2017.

Here is how it works.

First, you create a list, numbered from 1 - 12, of things you want to finish. Then, you post your list to this group. (You can edit and change your list at any time.)

Every month, this group will publish a random number between 1 - 12. We will each work on that number from our list. When you have finished your project, please post a picture here as well.

We’re here to support each other. It’s amazing how knowing what project to tackle helps to motivate us to finish what we start.
                              Type: Public
                              Topics: 69
                              Comments: 373

Owner

Latest Group Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X