The Fantastic Finishing Group

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

February's UFO number

February's number is - 12. Good luck to all in finishing a UFO in the month of February.

At least 8 from our group were able to complete one or more UFOs in January! Congratulations to them. (I was not one of the eight, . I have been a bit of a funk, but I think I am coming out of it now.)
    If you are not willing to learn, no one can help you. If you are determined to learn, no one can stop you.- Zig Ziglar

Well my number 12 is to finish the knitted head wrap. Its close to being done. Good luck everyone!
    sigpic:icon_hug: Iris Girl = April = fabric, Fabric FABRIC!!
    Time spent with cats is never wasted.
    Sigmund Freud

Comment

Ooo goodie, my #12 is to learn a new fmq skill leaves and vines. After some practicing, then I can try it on one of my other ufo (probably the ugly jelly roll race quilt) and that way i'll get a two for one done this month.

Comment

I didn't finish any UFO in January, but I was able to work on #6 and #4, (now basted) and I am happy with the progress.
        My #12 is an Advent calendar for my sister that I started last fall. I have some decisions to make about batting and backing.

Comment

I guess this means I need to get busy. Moving my mom into assisted living kept me away from home all of January. Since January's UFO is on my new long arm & #12 also has to be quilted I need to get moving.

Comment

#12 is a summer table runner. Hopefully that will go quickly so I can finish my January project!
            :icon_happy:

sigpic

Comment

#12 ~ Halloween table runner, it's already cut out. Piecing should be easy. I didn't finish my January project but it did have great progress. I'm stalling on this because I signed up for a FMQ class in March hoping to use these small wallhangings/runners for practice pieces!!

Comment

#12 will be Black and White Elegance top. Most pieces are cut but need to do the joining. Should be easy enough as it is joined in long strips.

Comment

I still have not finished my January UFO although it is ready for the quilting but as my list does not have 12, I will get it finished soon and I will try to do some of the other UFOs in the list

Comment

Still working on January quilt. Thank goodness 12 is a catch up month. That gives me another month to work on the same quilt!!! Congrats to all who had a finish in January.

Comment

I had adjusted my list and my January UFO is finished - microwave cozies for someone who asked for them last month but I just was too busy to do them. They will be delivered this weekend. My February one is to finish a Christmas tree skirt that I put together many years ago.
                      Ginny B

http://www.ginnyscraftbasket.wordpress.com

Comment

Ooooh, my number 12 is an oldie but a goodie. I'm pretty excited about getting back to this one. It's a pinwheel quilt using Jenny's half-square triangle method. But instead of the "background" color in each pinwheel being the traditional white, mine is a red print. I was being bold when I designed this one!

Thanks again, Sylvia, for keeping us on track!
                        Toni ... If I keep sewing long enough, will they make their own dinner?

Comment

My #12 is a Dresden plate table runner I will be giving as a Christmas present. I had half done the practice runner before I became ill so hopefully next week I can get back into the sewing room to finish it. I will then sew #12 for February UFO.

Comment

My #12 is to sew the blocks for my Perfectly Seasoned hourglass quilt into the top and then hopefully quilt it and bind it. Almost done with my January UFO, which was to put my Sticks and Stones quilt together, just have one solid border left--which I'm going to hopefully do tonight!
                            "I must be royalty, I have quilts-in-waiting."

Comment

Well, doing a switch early in the year this time! My #12 was to start a new quilt (Buggy Wheels) but I am not far enough along on my started UFOs to warrant doing that. So... in the interest of not ADDING to my UFO pile, I am going to switch #12 with #1. I have 4 bed runners with matching wall hangings and bed pillows I am at various stages at finishing. I have designated 4 months to finish them finally. Since spring is in the air and it is also the one the furthest along, I have picked my spring bed runner (1/2 quilted), Wall hanging (ready to baste) and pillows (quilted but not made into pillows yet).

Also, I am struggling to get my January living room wall hanging finished. 5 narrow pieced borders, center machine applique, and quilting to do. I hope to get a bunch done this weekend with my husband gone and then switch to February. Last border pinned, just need to start the machine applique.

Thanks for the motivation.

Comment

The Fantastic Finishing Group

About this Group

Do you have some UFOs (UnFinished Objects) that you want to finish? Are you having a hard time choosing what to finish next, or are you just not feeling motivated? This group is for you! We have a fun way to get those projects done in 2017.

Here is how it works.

First, you create a list, numbered from 1 - 12, of things you want to finish. Then, you post your list to this group. (You can edit and change your list at any time.)

Every month, this group will publish a random number between 1 - 12. We will each work on that number from our list. When you have finished your project, please post a picture here as well.

We’re here to support each other. It’s amazing how knowing what project to tackle helps to motivate us to finish what we start.
                              Type: Public
                              Topics: 69
                              Comments: 373

Owner

Latest Group Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X