The Fantastic Finishing Group

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Emily Elizabeth's List (AKA Rockin'Lou) for 2017

Okay, for those who don't know my story, my life is literally split between two continents, as is my stash and my UFOs. SO, that being said, I will need to juggle the list this first part of the year should a number be pulled that contains an item that is located on the other continent... so forgive my list juggling, but here we go...

1) sunflower squares quilt for niece 1 (needs boarders, quilting, binding and gifting...) -- in Atlanta Finished in August
    2) 1930s BOM quilt for niece 2 (needs sashing, quilting, binding and gifting) -- in Atlanta quilted, only needs binding
    3) Black/Green BOM quilt for guest room/ son's room in ATL - needs sashing, quilting binding (bump to 2018)
    4) friendship bag project (kit has been taunting me for a loooooong time) (bump to 2018)
    5) flower wall hanging applique project Finished and gifted
    6) fall pumpkin quilt - quilt, bind, hang Finished
    7) 2015 row by row incomplete row 1
    8) 2015 row by row incomplete row 2
    9) Easter bunnies table runner (bump to 2018)
    10) Marauder's Map show-off bag (okay, not a quilt, but forgive me!) Finished
    11) Easter Baskets (Connecting Threads Kit) Finished
    12) I actually can't think of another one right at this moment.... but I'm sure my UFOs will continue to expand this year!! Finished a table runner for Christmas too!

In January I finished up my #6
    In February I finished my #10

March is #7, but I think I will work on #5 instead!

Comment

5, 6, 10 & 11 are complete... I can't work on 1, 2 & 3 because they are all in Atlanta...

I don't know if I'll get to a quilting project or not this month, as I'm working my way through spring/summer wardrobe essentials... and all my fabric I bought on vacation so I won't have to feel guilty about buying more when I'm back home in the US at the end of June ;-)

If anything I might aim for completing 2 pillow cases that are not on this project list.... so we'll see!!

Comment

May and June were flops for me, so I'm hoping to plow through 2, 2, & 3 now that I'm back in ATL. I've also uncovered a forgotten UFO to fill the slot for #12. We'll see what I can accomplish this summer

Comment

#1 is at the long arm quilter!!

#2 has sashing and cornerstones and needs boarders. I'm on the fence about quilting it myself or sending it off to a long arm... I'm just not that good at quilting anymore because I don't have the right machine or batting available in KAZ.. decisions need to be made because I'm only home for just over 2 more weeks!

I don't know that #3 will happen this summer, I might get the top together and drop it off for 'I'll pick up in December' with the long arm..

Comment

Okay... looking back to this list... I completed about half of this list, that’s not too bad, considering several were bed size quilts! DH also gifted me other fabric during the year and I’ve made several projects that were not listed, including lots of clothing!

Comment

Updated original post, but might not carry all incomplete items to 2018.... I have a. Few things I want to work with more than those row by rows...

Comment

The Fantastic Finishing Group

About this Group

Do you have some UFOs (UnFinished Objects) that you want to finish? Are you having a hard time choosing what to finish next, or are you just not feeling motivated? This group is for you! We have a fun way to get those projects done in 2017.

Here is how it works.

First, you create a list, numbered from 1 - 12, of things you want to finish. Then, you post your list to this group. (You can edit and change your list at any time.)

Every month, this group will publish a random number between 1 - 12. We will each work on that number from our list. When you have finished your project, please post a picture here as well.

We’re here to support each other. It’s amazing how knowing what project to tackle helps to motivate us to finish what we start.
              Type: Public
              Topics: 69
              Comments: 373

Owner

Latest Group Topics

Collapse

Working...
              X