The Fantastic Finishing Group

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

January, 2017's number!!!

January's number is 6! Now, I will be eagerly waiting to discover who will complete the first project in 2017.

Will you do your #6, or will you edit your list to get something else done?
    If you are not willing to learn, no one can help you. If you are determined to learn, no one can stop you.- Zig Ziglar

Well, I did sign up for this challenge didn't I?
    #6 Dresden Plate - quilt & bind has been on my UFO list since late 2015.
    Sew....away we go............

Comment

Perfect choice! #6 is get Hubbys Cat heavy equipment quilt done. I have started to piece it together and it will go fast as the center is a panel. Need to order backing!
      sigpic:icon_hug: Iris Girl = April = fabric, Fabric FABRIC!!
      Time spent with cats is never wasted.
      Sigmund Freud

Comment

I am doing my #6. It is a crib quilt. I made the top several years ago, and purchased backing material after the top was done. I haven't made a decision on how I want to quilt it, and that is one of the reasons it is a UFO. There will be no more putting it off ... except for some other projects that must get done first!
        If you are not willing to learn, no one can help you. If you are determined to learn, no one can stop you.- Zig Ziglar

Comment

I'm doing my #6. It is a fabric bowl that I've been anxious to try and to finish a Jinny Beyer BOM.

Also, I only finished 6 of the quilts I had listed for last year, so when I copied the list over, I accidentally called it my 2016 list. I edited it for 2017, but I can't find a way to change the title of the post.

BTW, I wasn't a total slacker last year. I just wandered off and did OTHER projects instead of the ones on my list...
          Cindy

Comment

#6 is a surf board quilt that I have been trying to get to for three years so I am excited that it's the first thing I will work on. Hopefully what I picked for the backing is going to be big enough.
            :icon_happy:

sigpic

Comment

My # 6 is a Halloween tablerunner and just needs FMQ and binding, so should be able to get that done this month.

Comment

Looks like we all have good project to start off with. Seaturtle - no one thinks you are a slacker. Heck, I only got one UFO finished last year!

Comment

Hahaha, I didn't need to edit my list at all. My #6 happens to be En Provence, the current Bonnie Hunter's Mystery quilt, that I am so far caught up with. A new clue will be posted tomorrow. I am still in doubt whether to make her size or a smaller version, for fear it will end up with all my last Bonnie patterns in the "quilt-tops-waiting-to-be-quilted" drawer.

Comment

Whoo, boy! Talk about slacker? It's not seaturtle, it's ME--who hasn't even made her list yet!!! I'd better get to it. And, truth be told, it helps a lot to know what the first number will be.
                    Toni ... If I keep sewing long enough, will they make their own dinner?

Comment

Got the top of the quilt pieced just waiting on backing to arrive.
                      sigpic:icon_hug: Iris Girl = April = fabric, Fabric FABRIC!!
                      Time spent with cats is never wasted.
                      Sigmund Freud

Comment

I shifted my #s so that the first quilt I wanted to work on is now #6.
                        I am working on Growing Up Odd. I still need to do the blocks for it. I am joining 2.5 " pieces today to make the 9-patch units. I have all the units joined for the other blocks but haven't joined the units to make the blocks.
                        Below is a link to the pattern which uses 2" squares...I am using 2.5" scrappy squares and will do a 3x4 layout with sashings.
                        https://weddingdressblue.wordpress.c...-up-odd-quilt/

Comment

Okay, I haven't even made a list. There are at least 5 - 6 quilts that I HAVE to get done, and they are in various stages....baste, hand quilted, start. I'm all over the map. If I make a list, it will be changing every month. So, whatever I've finished for the month will become that month's number. Hope that it's OK.
                          Bec

Comment

Well, had to flip flop the first number. Have to finish the quilt top before I can quilt it. But, on a positive note...I am working on this one now. It has been my current project....I'm on a roll!

Comment

Bec - You are free to manage your list in whatever way works for you! Go for it!

Comment

The Fantastic Finishing Group

About this Group

Do you have some UFOs (UnFinished Objects) that you want to finish? Are you having a hard time choosing what to finish next, or are you just not feeling motivated? This group is for you! We have a fun way to get those projects done in 2017.

Here is how it works.

First, you create a list, numbered from 1 - 12, of things you want to finish. Then, you post your list to this group. (You can edit and change your list at any time.)

Every month, this group will publish a random number between 1 - 12. We will each work on that number from our list. When you have finished your project, please post a picture here as well.

We’re here to support each other. It’s amazing how knowing what project to tackle helps to motivate us to finish what we start.
                              Type: Public
                              Topics: 69
                              Comments: 373

Owner

Latest Group Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X