The Fantastic Finishing Group

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Josephine09's List

I have too many UFOs to count! Still loving this great idea! Three finishes from the list last year--hoping for more this year.

#1 Second Saturday Sampler 14-15 (finish blocks)
    #2 Ugly Jelly Roll Quilt (quilt & bind)
    #3 Disappearing Pinwheel (finish rows, quilt & bind)
    #4 Craftsy 2016 BOM (finish top)
    #5 Bears in the Woods--(finish top)
    #6 Sticks & Stones--(finish top)Finished!
    #7 Advanced Sampler 15-16 (fix border, quilt, & bind)Finished!
    #8 Lattice Quilt (finish top, quilt & bind)
    #9 Plain & Fancy BOM 2015--(finish blocks, begin sewing top together)
    #10 Doubly Charmed Quilt 2--(finish blocks)
    #11 Doubly Charmed Quilt 1--(sew top together) Finished!
    #12 Perfectly Seasoned Hourglass Quilt--(sew top together, quilt & bind?)Finished!

Wow...I still have more than that...I counted mid-November last year and I had a total of 42.

Using Sylvia's idea:

Bonuses: Finish Windmill blocks, Finish any of 10 Kim Diehl mini-quilts from 14-15 (most tops are done), hand-quilt & bind Night Sky, finish quilting and bind sampler wall-hanging--done!, quilt & bind Easter table runner or halloween table runner--done and done!, Constellation (Deb Tucker Lemonye Star)--(hand-quilt & bind)

Christmas Goals:

#1 Finish Music Quilt--Hand-quilt & bind-- Finished!!
    #2 Mom's 14-15 sampler quilt
    #3 Dad's 14-15 sampler quilt
    "I must be royalty, I have quilts-in-waiting."

You definitely have me beat on the number of UFOs, although I definitely have more than the 12 that I listed. The next time I go to the UFO bin, I'll do a count.

I'm glad you joined again - I only officially finished ONE last year! But there were three others that I finished that were not even on my list! Progress is always progress, regardless of the amount.
    If you are not willing to learn, no one can help you. If you are determined to learn, no one can stop you.- Zig Ziglar

Comment

First finish of 2017......*drumroll please*.....is not on my list! It's a bonus quilt. LOL However, it's a project done, and that's all that matters. It's the mini-sampler quilt I started with my first ever quilt class.

Comment

Another finish! Yay!! Got my January (#6) goal met, the top for Sticks & Stones is complete with borders!

Comment

Drumroll!! Way to go on the finishes! I'm also making progress, but can't claim a finish yet. That pesky binding I hate to do...

Comment

Finished my Easter table runner and my Halloween table runner in the last month. My February quilt top is pieced but not quilted and bound yet. Making progress...

Comment

Also finished one of the Kim Diehl mini-quilts.

Comment

Updates:

June--Finished all sashing blocks, need to finish bordering main blocks.
                May--Should have been snowballed pinwheel, haven't even touched it.
                April--Goal Done!
                March--In the machine being FMQd.
                February--Quilt DONE!!!!
                January--Goal Done!!

July--super excited to get back to this one, it is a partner to April's project.

Also been working on #9 stars and #4 and working on my Christmas goals.

Finished two additional quilts one as a present, one was supposed to be a present.

Comment

Got Advanced Saturday Sampler quilted, bound, and labeled! March is done! Only a few months late...

Comment

Your quilts are great!!!

I am like you! Too many UFO's
                    I made great progress last year and narrowed my UFO's down to less than 30.

I have 2 lists I try to work on... once the top is done it goes to a different list !
                    Happy Quilting!

Comment

Widdlytinks by Kim Diehl is done! While a bonus project, still a great finish. If you want to see more of what I'm quilting, I've started a blog at quiltingbythesnowies.wordpress.com

Comment

Well, I think I had 12 finishes this year, just not all from my list. Too bad I probably started just as many quilts throughout the year! LOL Looking forward to next year's group.

Comment

The Fantastic Finishing Group

About this Group

Do you have some UFOs (UnFinished Objects) that you want to finish? Are you having a hard time choosing what to finish next, or are you just not feeling motivated? This group is for you! We have a fun way to get those projects done in 2017.

Here is how it works.

First, you create a list, numbered from 1 - 12, of things you want to finish. Then, you post your list to this group. (You can edit and change your list at any time.)

Every month, this group will publish a random number between 1 - 12. We will each work on that number from our list. When you have finished your project, please post a picture here as well.

We’re here to support each other. It’s amazing how knowing what project to tackle helps to motivate us to finish what we start.
                        Type: Public
                        Topics: 69
                        Comments: 373

Owner

Latest Group Topics

Collapse

Working...
                        X