• Show
Clear All

AnitaGirl's 2017 List

Here is my tentative list for 2017.

1. FINISH FMQ 2 bed runners

2. FINISH matching Wall Quilts, runners and throw pillows for bed runners

3. FINISH piecing, layering and FMQ 2 bed runners

4. FINISH matching Wall Quilts, runners and throw pillows for bed runners

5. FINISH Living room Sprigs and Twigs throw quilt (applique, layer, FMQ)

6. FINISH Living room wall quilt (piece, applique, layer, FMQ)

7. FINISH Blue Danube wall quilt (layer, FMQ)

8. FINISH piecing Mystery Retreat quilt

9. FINISH FMQ Blue Dresden

10. FINISH FMQ Christmas Bonnie Hunter mystery quilt

11. FINISH Pesky Little Projects

12. START Buggy Wheels quilt (cut, piece blocks, layout)

I do have a new job, a heavy travel schedule and a grandson scheduled for a kidney transplant (taking a 3 day one way trip to go be with them) so we will see how optimistic this is.

And since binding is my favorite part (easy and it means it is FINISHED) I didn't include that, but it goes without saying, each project will be bound and put to its appropriate use.

Comment

Hi Anita
      You mentioned your grandson was having a kidney transplant. My grandson, Braylon, was born without his kidneys working and he was on PD dialysis from two days old. He received his.kidney when he was 18 months old. I also had kidney failure due to diabetes and needed a transplant. My grandson received his kidney in September 2012 at Peoria Children's hospital OSF. I received a kidney and a pancreas in November of 2012 and I'm a bit older than my grandson. My surgery was at University Hospital in Madison WI.
      Would you be willing to tell me how old your grandson is and the hospital where the transplant will take place? Not trying to be nosey, just curious.
      My email: [email protected]
      Thank you and I will be praying for him.
      Bec

Comment

Anita, we will all be praying for your Grandson's successful surgery and quick recovery. Please keep us posted.

Caroline

Comment

Thanks for all your kind words. We take encouragement from them. I am not shy about sharing, all the prayers are really welcome.

His name is Levi, and he is currently 15 months old. They are waiting for the flu season to end to schedule the transplant, as well as for him to grow to 22 pounds. We think we'll start the donor process this coming month (starting with family). It has been a rough road for the little trooper; he has been hospitalized three times (slows the weight gain down) and he is on PD for 13 hours/night. But I praise God for the medical advances. And he is a little trooper!
          He is being cared for by the great staff at the Carolinas Medical Center, Levine Children's Hospital in Charlotte, NC. I will certainly post when this all happens.

Comment

Updated UFO list.
            Well, I just cleaned out my UFO closet and made a better list. I "Finished" 6 of them by deciding I no longer wanted to make that pattern. Got a few more "orphaned" blocks in my pile to use for gift items later, returned some fabric to my stash and felt great about it. I still have 33 large projects and 30 small ones in addition to the 12 I have listed. I hope to knock off a bunch of the small projects in my travels and whichever month turns out to be Pesky Little Project month (my #11). I have also readjusted my 2017 list to be a bit more realistic. Here goes:

1. Strips and Salsa lap quilt (replaces Buggy wheels bed quilt)

6. FINISH Living room wall quilt (piece, applique, layer, FMQ)

7. FINISH Blue Danube wall quilt (layer, FMQ)

8. FINISH piecing ? Mystery Retreat quilt ( may switch with another one)

10. FINISH FMQ Andrea's wedding quilt and Christmas Bonnie Hunter mystery quilt

11. FINISH Pesky Little Projects

12. FINISH FMQ Spring bedrunner and wall hanging

Comment

Anita, good luck to your grandson. I have a one year old G.S who had to have emergency surgery in Nov, so I know how worrying that was. Having a chronic, serious problem would cause so much more. Hugs and blessings to all of you.
              Your approach to solving some of your UFO's may be one I need to take. I really don't like a couple of them...took classes for the technique and hate to waste the money and effort. I'm going to think about your solution.

Comment

1. Strips and Salsa lap quilt (replaces Buggy wheels bed quilt) Switch to BFFs Quilt (she gave me a color scheme so I am getting started on it.

6. FINISH Living room wall quilt (piece, applique, layer, FMQ) I have it pieced and fused, need to machine applique and finish

7. FINISH Blue Danube wall quilt (layer, FMQ) Almost finished the FMQ YAY

8. FINISH Pesky Little Projects

10. FINISH FMQ Andrea's wedding quilt and Christmas Bonnie Hunter mystery quilt

11. FINISH piecing ? Mystery Retreat quilt ( may switch with another one) Grandson's Baby quilt FINISHED

12. FINISH FMQ Spring bedrunner and wall hanging FINISHED FMQ of runner and cushions, still need to do the wall hanging

Comment

The Fantastic Finishing Group

About this Group

Do you have some UFOs (UnFinished Objects) that you want to finish? Are you having a hard time choosing what to finish next, or are you just not feeling motivated? This group is for you! We have a fun way to get those projects done in 2017.

Here is how it works.

First, you create a list, numbered from 1 - 12, of things you want to finish. Then, you post your list to this group. (You can edit and change your list at any time.)

Every month, this group will publish a random number between 1 - 12. We will each work on that number from our list. When you have finished your project, please post a picture here as well.

We’re here to support each other. It’s amazing how knowing what project to tackle helps to motivate us to finish what we start.
                Type: Public
                Topics: 69
                Comments: 373

Owner

Latest Group Topics

Collapse

Working...
                X