String Quilt & Project Library

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Added 2 photos of my string qults.

I made many string quilts when I belonged to an online group called HeartStrings. First one I made was really ugly as I just used random size strips and colors. Then I began using colors in a more controlled manner and cut the strips 2 1/2" and the quilts looked a lot nicer. Sometimes the blocks were put into a heart shape or a big star but mostly they were like the 2 quilts I posted today. Close to the top of my 2016 To Do List is to finish another black and white string quilt with pink accents. Blocks are made and trimmed to size so I just have to put it together. String quilt tops are going to my guild's community outreach group and they will layer and quilt them.

I like to make string blocks as they go together fast and help use up fabric scraps, although no matter how many string quilts I make my scrap box is never empty.

Fabulous!!!!
    Thanks for sharing!!!
    Happy Quilting!

Comment

Love them!

Comment

I must be blind, but I don't see the quilts. Do you have to go to Mayinterset's profile to see them? Or, where are they posted? I have been making string quilts in 40" X 70" size for my daughter to use as furniture covers. She has two German Shepherds and two long-hair cats, so has quite a "shedding" problem. So far, I've made 4, but have given all of them to her already and didn't take pix!!! Boo Hoo! I am currently starting to make the "Stitch & Slice Zig-Zag" quilt from Fons & Porter's web site in black and red with hot pink square accents between the ending and beginning of each strip. So far it looks great. Hopefully it will be a knockout! I WILL take pix and post them, if I can figure out how! I didn't think I was technologically challenged, but this has stumped me so far. I'll keep trying till I "get it" though.

Comment

These is a section called Group Photos, on the right side of the heading is View All, click on that and you can view all the photos. My quilts are black & white one with yellow accents and the other has a similar layout with red borders.

Comment

I've just finished a string quilt too and my scrap pile hasn't gone down either! I think the scraps must be breeding!

Comment

My scraps definitely multiply at night!
              just keep sewing !!
              Happy Quilting!

Comment

String Quilt & Project Library

About this Group

This group is for anyone to join, whether you have made a string quilt or you just want to check out some for ideas! There seems to be an overwhelming number of us that would like to get a better handle on our scrap situation and hopefully this will help us all!!! Any ideas for strings are welcome!!! Please share any of your string projects (can include quilts or even fabric bowls!!) or even any resources you might have (books, articles or magazines) about string projects!!
              Type: Public
              Topics: 3
              Comments: 9

Owner

Latest Group Topics

Collapse

Working...
              X