String Quilt & Project Library

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Blue & Pink Baby Quilt Pics

Incredible timing! I just finished these two tops last week using a white honey bun and various width strings from Hubba Hubba and a similar line. Used the 10" M* paper foundation and intended to make lattice quilts. Only got some of the blocks done before I ran out of strings that would work. Luckily I had yardage left to make the center stars. I did have to trim the star down from the original block that Jenny made ... but did it in the center lines ... and there was no noticeable imbalance to the star points.

There are 2 placements of the corner lattice blocks. The white center stripe on the pink runs parallel - and I really didn't like the colored corners peeking into the lattice. In the blue one I reversed it so all the white center strips met up with the center large block.

I like the blue layout best and will do it this way when I make more. Hope this gives someone a bit of inspiration! I know I really enjoyed the outcome.

Those quilts are fantastic!! I love them! Super job!!
    Happy Quilting!

Comment

the pictures are gorgeous! Look forward to seeing many more!

Comment

They are both beautiful! Thanks for the size blocks. I have that paper too.but might cut it down.
        "People were created to be loved. Things were created to be used. The reason why the world is in chaos is because things are being loved and people are being used"― Dalai Lama XIV

Comment

String Quilt & Project Library

About this Group

This group is for anyone to join, whether you have made a string quilt or you just want to check out some for ideas! There seems to be an overwhelming number of us that would like to get a better handle on our scrap situation and hopefully this will help us all!!! Any ideas for strings are welcome!!! Please share any of your string projects (can include quilts or even fabric bowls!!) or even any resources you might have (books, articles or magazines) about string projects!!
        Type: Public
        Topics: 3
        Comments: 9

Owner

Latest Group Topics

Collapse

Working...
        X