Shop The Stash First Challenge

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Proud to Announce

I have a small dresser and since we moved into this house I had grabbed every strip and put them in the bottom drawer of that dresser. every peice I cut into a 5" and 4.5 " square went in the top drawer and 9 10 and 12 in the middle drawer. The dresser was bought for the master bathroom but my husband wanted something bigger. Anyway I am proud to announce that I have emptied that bottom drawer. Hallelujah!!!. I have been making that X and O quilt that Jenny did a demo on. I have all the 132 - 6.5 inch squares made and am in the process of sewing the dark 5" blocks across the one corner. And I have really used up a lot of those 5" scraps. 264 of them to be exact. Of course I have been doing the double seam and getting the little 4" block out of the corners. That will give me 264 - 4 inch blocks so I will have a way to use up my 4.5 inch blocks to use any additional I may need to make a second quilt for my guild. I figure the 6.5 inch squares will make a 10 x 13 block quilt and the 4.5 inch block should come out to 66 eight inch blocks. Best part aside from trimming there is no waste. The waste I already had I put in a cloth bag and sewed it up for the corner of the sewing room for the pups to lie on. Any strip to skinny I crocheted into a center piece fluted circular scarf. Meanwhile when I did my Oorah Quilts of Valor quilt I also saved all the trim off the corner blocks so I have 120 blocks to make into another quilts of Valor. So with a little more yardage "from my stash" I can make another 5 x 6 block quilt. Now I just need time. LOL. Can not show you my little dresser here so will put a photo on the photo page.
    sigpic my goal is to be as good a person as my dogs already think I am

You go girl!!! Working my stash down as well,,,, Camera has "died",, but got a new on for my B-day... need to get posting) GB
    "Each day well-lived and Happy;
    that's all there is to Life!"

Comment

Congrats! I am also using big ugly scraps for pieced backings for the UFOs I'm quilting. I rather have busy prints -even if it means a few seams in the backing- than solid sheets. My FMQ stitching is still very irregular.

Comment

Just posted the two X and o quilts that I got out of the scraps.

Comment

Just added two Anything go quilts made out of all the snowball corner blocks. Ended up with 512 - 3.5 inch blocks out of the X and O tops, a quilt I made for my daughter in laws nephews who is undergoing cancer. I hope not to see another3.5 inch block for a while. LOL

Comment

Shop The Stash First Challenge

About this Group

The only rule for this group is to challenge yourself to create projects entirely from your collected stash and post pictures and project ideas here to spark creativity amongst the group.

We all enjoy shopping for patterns and fabrics for new projects and in our excitement for the new and interesting older projects and finds get forgotten. Sometimes, we find single fabulous prints in fat quarters, pre-cuts or yardage that don't fit any specific plan. Make a plan for them!

There is no timeline on this group, it is just a place other quilters can come looking for fun ideas that don't require an order or a trip to the store
          Type: Public
          Topics: 80
          Comments: 335

Owner

Latest Group Topics

Collapse

Working...
          X