Shop The Stash First Challenge

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Where is everyone.

I have taken one whole drawer of strips and trimmed them down to a max of 2.5. If anything is smaller than 1 inch I have moved it into a large jar for crocheting into another rag rug. Meanwhile I have been making 6.5 inch strip blocks. Once I have them all done I intend to make as many x & O quilts as I can. I figure the next thing will be my tumbler pieces I have been trimming and sticking in a bag. I swear my guild has committed on more projects than they can handle. The nursing home, the local school counseling program, the cancer retreat and children's services. So I think I will use the flannels for more stuffed animals for Christmas. I have to admit the one good thing about layer cakes is they do not seem to leave scraps so I have been cutting a lot of smaller pieces of fabric into 10 " squares. Cut so much last night my right hand ached this morning. Have to watch that.

Out of curiosity if you belong to a guild does it seems like just a few of the women do the majority of the benefit work. Ours is like that. The ones who are active are almost overactive. And for a lot of them it seems like it is a social hour. Of course we all need the social hour.
    sigpic my goal is to be as good a person as my dogs already think I am

I honor you for giving away all that time and effort for your guild's charity projects.
    I haven't been piecing at all for months. I am just slowly FMQing all my UFOs. So no fabric purchases nor new piecing projects until my pile of finished tops decreases significantly.

Comment

I am with you on that.

Comment

I spent the better part of 2 days last month cutting up all my scraps a la Bonnie Hunters method. Holy cow! I couldn't believe how much it actually was once I buckled down and did it and got it all organized. Since then I've pieced two baby quilts and a lap quilt and used my 2" scrap squares as leaders (I keep forgetting the enders, lol) and I've got a nice little pile of 2-patches ready to be 4 patches to be 16-patches Then I'll use some leftover solids and white to make HSTs.

While I don't belong to a guikd, I certainly have seen the "only a few people do everything" syndrome, lol. And the "overdoers" can sometimes take a lot of the fun out of being in a group.

Comment

AMG I agree completely. There is one girl in our guild that does the comfort quilts and handles all the donation quilts, has all the fabric stored at her home, makes up kits, supplies batting that the guild owns and the monthly sew in. She makes a lot of people feel uncomfortable. I put my time in being this involved. I found I just started resenting it. Now I just sew the top, do some quilting and try to enjoy myself.

Comment

Shop The Stash First Challenge

About this Group

The only rule for this group is to challenge yourself to create projects entirely from your collected stash and post pictures and project ideas here to spark creativity amongst the group.

We all enjoy shopping for patterns and fabrics for new projects and in our excitement for the new and interesting older projects and finds get forgotten. Sometimes, we find single fabulous prints in fat quarters, pre-cuts or yardage that don't fit any specific plan. Make a plan for them!

There is no timeline on this group, it is just a place other quilters can come looking for fun ideas that don't require an order or a trip to the store
          Type: Public
          Topics: 80
          Comments: 335

Owner

Latest Group Topics

Collapse

Working...
          X