Shop The Stash First Challenge

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just joined

Hope to make a dent in my stash. I should be able to do that since I just looked at ALL the photos in this group. Such inspiration to put some fabrics together.
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/quiltsbytrish
    http://quiltdreaming.blogspot.com
    http://pinterest.com/TrishLapp

What if you woke up today and the only things you had were the things you thanked God for yesterday? :icon_hug:quilting trish

Welcome to the group. The photos are indeed inspiring. I can't wait to see what you will add.

Comment

Welcome!!! I think it is becoming a bit "fashionable" to use what we have...LOL
      In my case it is out of necessity... i am 69 and it just dawned on me that i can't sew fast enough and I figure that if a bought it,, i liked it right??? There are so many great and quick patterns to try from M* and others!! It is also fun to put unexpected fabrics together... the only draw back is that it's a good excuse to shop for SOLIDS.... GB
      "Each day well-lived and Happy;
      that's all there is to Life!"

Comment

Splinter - expect some photos this summer when I'm off from school.
        GB - I don't need to shop for solids - have plenty of those too. I am 58 and can't sew fast enough to use what I bought too! Of course it won't help that I am going to a fabric sale on Monday where the lady is downsizing and selling most of her stash for $1. a yard. How can one NOT go to one of those sales even if you do have enough to last a lifetime? I will tell myself to only buy what I can't live without.
        http://www.flickr.com/photos/quiltsbytrish
        http://quiltdreaming.blogspot.com
        http://pinterest.com/TrishLapp

What if you woke up today and the only things you had were the things you thanked God for yesterday? :icon_hug:quilting trish

Comment

I purchased yesterday's daily deal and the Beacon Hill layer cake. Pink is my favorite color, and I knew that layer cake was going to be too tempting to pass up. On the positive side, though, this was only my third purchase from MSQC this year. This time last year, it would have probably been my 30th purchase! That's some progress to count. I will be piecing a backing this weekend, and that will take a nice bit from my stash, 4-5 yards or so.

Comment

Don't forget to post!

Comment

Grammbabs like you I am 69 and I do not need more quilts for me. But I love fabric. I have draws of it and need to get rid of all the small pieces. So I looked at my older quilts and donated 5 to the local Family Connections. They were all in good condition but did not have the greatest quilting on them. Now I have 2 more in the drawer to make up for me. After making Moonbeam I worry I will become worse because I see a small piece and think paper piecing. Ugh. I am bound and determined not buy anything but white and cream for a while.
              sigpic my goal is to be as good a person as my dogs already think I am

Comment

I must clarify that i STILL BUY any DD's that are just too good to pass on...LOL, But i sew so fast and give away all of it, so i feel it's a "mission" for me...)
                I think it's more about getting to "try out" some of the quickie tutorials that Jenny Posts... I have so many patterns i've downloaded for free, but i think i prefer to "wing it"... or use the BLOCK books from M*... I'm not one to want to get lost in the directions... I even managed to flubb up a simple pattern called "Little Apples" from Moda Bake Shop...... Instead of following the pressing step, I boldly went along and stacked and cut the wedge... Oh well,,I just trimmed them all to RECTANGLES of 8X9... LOL
                I did get to use up a wonderful Batik layer cake that's been sitting there... )

Comment

Just joined yesterday because I have really been trying to use up what I have...like GrammaBabs, sometimes I just have to shop online too...I'm posting a pic of the flag wall hanging I did from my stash last week...and I'm working on a scrap tumbler lap quilt I am donating to Military connections this week...I keep some, but give most of it away too...I feel honored to help...thanks for the inspiration...
                  Carol

Sewing Mends The Soul ~ Author Unknown

Comment

When I looked at my picture file, I saw several others I have done strictly from my stash...posted them also...
                    Carol

Comment

Glad to have ya here sewbizzy - and whoever else is joining too.

I bought at an estate sale even though I had told myself not to. But the price was so good and I loved the fabric. That and buying the double gauze fabric have been my lapses. But I'm still trying to only buy solids so I can use my stash.

Comment

Thank you Snippet...I agree with you, you can't pass on a good deal on fabric...I did another tote bag from stash and am sewing on binding on a tumbler stash quilt today and will post some pictures...
                        Carol

Comment

Go Carol!!!!!!!!!!! So good to have you in the group!! You have a very nice selection of quilts there..all wonderful! It's been so long since i shopped in a store i can't remember... I get overwhelmed... I like on line because when i get an ad,, i hop on over and check the clearance section! Yesterday I got one from CT. Popped on and grabbed a ton of nice fabrics for backgrounds at about 2.00 a yd! Hugs, GB

Comment

Babs, I am happy to be part of the group...I am inspired to use some stash...finished 2 more items over the past weekend and posted the pictures...the patriotic lap/wheelchair size quilt will be donated to Military Connections here in Pgh...
                            I agree with you about ordering online, instead of going out into the stores...my right hip has gotten worse, so it's perfect for me...I'm pretty much happy at home more now than ever just sewing, reading and watching tv with dh ...lol
                            Carol

Comment

Carol... your really doing a fabulous job!!!!!!!!! GB

Comment

Shop The Stash First Challenge

About this Group

The only rule for this group is to challenge yourself to create projects entirely from your collected stash and post pictures and project ideas here to spark creativity amongst the group.

We all enjoy shopping for patterns and fabrics for new projects and in our excitement for the new and interesting older projects and finds get forgotten. Sometimes, we find single fabulous prints in fat quarters, pre-cuts or yardage that don't fit any specific plan. Make a plan for them!

There is no timeline on this group, it is just a place other quilters can come looking for fun ideas that don't require an order or a trip to the store
                              Type: Public
                              Topics: 80
                              Comments: 335

Owner

Latest Group Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X