Shop The Stash First Challenge

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Don't check what is in the bag.

Someone handed me a bag the other day and said this is stuffing for dogbeds. Can I give it to you since Bonny is not here. Sure I said since I normally handle the dog beds for the guild. Well I was stuffing one and opened the bag. In it was a piece of green cotton plaid. Close to a yard. Well of course my first thought was it is a shame to use it in a bed and I would have to shred it. Long story short cut it into charm size, along with the remaining rabbit fabric, the left over from making pillows and started making another donation quilt. My husband looks at me and says when are you making that quilt for Marie. I looked at him and said it scares me. It was a kit and I do not do kits. Last one I will do. 82 pages of instructions. I sent Marie a message saying to look for it in a year or so. It is all paperpieced. Why did I say yes.
    sigpic my goal is to be as good a person as my dogs already think I am

I don't blame you on either project. Fabric that size needs to be in a quilt, not a dog bed. And 82 pages of paper piecing? Not in a million years.

Comment

82 pages? Yikes. I think I would have shredded the instructions and put THOSE in the dog bed.

Comment

Shop The Stash First Challenge

About this Group

The only rule for this group is to challenge yourself to create projects entirely from your collected stash and post pictures and project ideas here to spark creativity amongst the group.

We all enjoy shopping for patterns and fabrics for new projects and in our excitement for the new and interesting older projects and finds get forgotten. Sometimes, we find single fabulous prints in fat quarters, pre-cuts or yardage that don't fit any specific plan. Make a plan for them!

There is no timeline on this group, it is just a place other quilters can come looking for fun ideas that don't require an order or a trip to the store
      Type: Public
      Topics: 80
      Comments: 335

Owner

Latest Group Topics

Collapse

Working...
      X