Shop The Stash First Challenge

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I hope no one minds...........

I'm hoping no one minds, but for ME a lot of my "use up" is from yarn... if you think fabric gets ahead of you... try YARN)
    Having knit and crochet being my first and longest time passion, I was lucky enough to be mentored by a wonderful woman that taught me so much... Fast Forward to my old age,, and now i spend each night with the hands moving while keeping Hubs company watching a LOT of TV It amazes me how he can sit there and do nothing but watch with an occasional snack and keep his weight to near perfect..LOL
    This began as a large ball of "baby pompadour" (showing my age calling it that)... so iworked until it was gone.. hence,, NO sleeves.. I trimmed it with decorative stitch and some colored embellishments... It's cute, and a bit funky... (my signature, ie.. the unequal collar
    "Each day well-lived and Happy;
    that's all there is to Life!"

I think using up whatever you have is just fine, whether it be fabric, yarn or whatever textile you have. I'm including some felt that I've been making some candle mats out of. No quilting involved, just felt and embroidery floss.

Comment

I have a bunch of thin strips I intend to make bowls out of. I have made several and they go over really good as Christmas presents. I have some yarn also but not as much as you probably have.
      sigpic my goal is to be as good a person as my dogs already think I am

Comment

Just gotta try one of those bowls... as soon as i empty the BAG of 4 patches my Sis found at a yard sale..LOL
        "Each day well-lived and Happy;
        that's all there is to Life!"

Comment

Made a bowl with ribbon scraps too! Worked well! If they were short I just sewed them together! Need to make more as my string box is overflowing ! The mall bowls sold really fast at a craft show last fall!
          Happy Quilting!

Comment

Shop The Stash First Challenge

About this Group

The only rule for this group is to challenge yourself to create projects entirely from your collected stash and post pictures and project ideas here to spark creativity amongst the group.

We all enjoy shopping for patterns and fabrics for new projects and in our excitement for the new and interesting older projects and finds get forgotten. Sometimes, we find single fabulous prints in fat quarters, pre-cuts or yardage that don't fit any specific plan. Make a plan for them!

There is no timeline on this group, it is just a place other quilters can come looking for fun ideas that don't require an order or a trip to the store
          Type: Public
          Topics: 80
          Comments: 335

Owner

Latest Group Topics

Collapse

Working...
          X