Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Jenny's Patterns

Good morning!

I just watched Jenny's framed pinwheels tutorial and saw that she sells a pattern for it. It isn't for a size I want. Are her patterns only specific to the size indicated or does she list yardage and instructions in them for all different sizes? I think I would like to buy a pattern but I am making a larger quilt than what the pattern is for. I'm trying to figure out how much yardage I'll need.

Happy Sunday! 🙂
    Rainy days are for quilting. Thank goodness I live in a rainforest! 😁

I always do the patterns off the videos but I think the pattern is just shown in one size to target using precuts. It wouldn't be hard to figure out though. You would add blocks. How many more blocks do you need? You could double the supply list if you wanted twice as big, or use 1 and half of the supply list. We do this all the time. After some practice you'll be able to do without thinking.

Comment

• Hillbillyhike
      Hillbillyhike commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank you. Good idea. I haven't bought a pattern before and was curious if it would save me some number crunching lol. I think I bought plenty of fabric. If not I can always buy more or add from my stash. I have one layer cake and 3 yards of background white for each side...and 1.5 yards for binding (more than enough and can use in the quilt if needed as it's matching yardage). I'm making a 92 x 96" quilt.

I rarely make the size of the quilts shown on the tutorials. If I use a precut, I always get yardage of a few of the styles in the package and then add some for the border at the same time. Better a bit more than run short. Also, sometimes the package of precuts may have some patterns I don't like or too pale/dark to make it pop, so I substitute. Cosy Quilt Designs patterns have multiple sizes for all of them. Makes it easy to buy and layout.

Enjoy life and do what makes you happy. Everything else will follow.

Every day I try to do one thing that challenges my comfort zone.

Comment

• Hillbillyhike
      Hillbillyhike commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks so much Suzanne! I will check them out.
Quilts from Jenny's Tutorials

About this Group

I learned to quilt thru Jenny's tutorials, and these are what I have made, ENJOY
Type: Public
Topics: 18
Comments: 34

Owner

Latest Group Topics

Collapse

Working...
X