Share your 2021 Quilts!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Share your 2021 Quilts!

What have you created so far this year? Please share your pictures and stories!

Here is a quilt I am making for my niece. It is made with power from the sun only and top was stitched on a Brother PQ1500SL. The quilting will be completed with a Q'nique 21 on a Grace Frame that will hold a quilt 108 inches wide. I have another 24 inch extension for the frame I plan to add in the near future. Both sewing machines were a gift from my late wife just before her passing. I did complete three quilts for her before she lost her battle with cancer last year. She asked me to make this quilt for my niece when she decided on the colors she wanted and asked that I do it completely carbon neutral. My niece is one of the young people who is environment friendly and my wife thought it would be better than taking several months to complete it by hand. I'm waiting for the rainy season to pass here in south Louisiana so I will have the power to run the machine and computer for a couple of days. I think it will take me two days to complete all the computer layout and sewing. I'm only showing one quadrant because I don't have an area large enough to show the full king size top and the ground/grass is still wet. When I complete it I will post a picture of the fully completed quilt. Also, this is the third quilt top I have completed this year and have another started and close to completion with material being cut for the next on my list.
    Attached Files

Comment

DCarrell, Thanks for sharing! That is gorgeous! What pattern did you use for this quilt?

Comment

Phew, the year has blown by and I haven't stopped. But, I am on schedule to complete my 2021 quilt goals!
        At the new year my quilt resolution was to clear several UFO's in my sewing room and finish gifting quilts to family members who haven't received one yet; and I've got a big family!
        So, here are my quilts so far:
        So, this completed quilts for 5 family members and two friends, wow! I've got two more quilts left to go, so I'm good to reach my goal if I keep pushing! It's just the usual challenge of squeezing in gifts and friendly requests that are on a timeframe.
        Looking forward to seeing how everyone else is doing with their 2021 quilt goals & victories. Because, after all when you put in all of the hours and hard work until a quilt is finished that is definitely a VICTORY!!

Comment

Quilter's Show & Tell 2021

About this Group

Here's a fun opportunity to share your completed quilt projects and inspire others! Enjoy posting your pictures and please add your quilt's story. Who is it for, was it a kit, BOM or a your own design. Have fun sharing your beautiful quilts and your journey to creating it!
        Type: Public
        Topics: 2
        Comments: 3

Members (7)

Latest Group Topics

Collapse

Working...
        X