Pillowcases for Louisiana's kids

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A funny thing has happened!

Good afternoon all! As I have been packaging up the pillowcases today for the 2nd school we will be donating to, I have run across a dilemma. I have 200-300 girls pillowcases leftover, and no more for the boys. If any of you want to make anymore, some more boys pillowcases would be appreciated. I am short 15 boys for the 2nd school, but I am taking care of that. I'd like to go to one more school that is a prek-2nd grade school. I am going to call them to get a head count for their students. Just to see if it can be done. Just let me know if you can donate, you have all been wonderful and I hated to put this out there.
    Hugs!!
    "She who dies with the most fabric wins"

Ecclesiastes 9:10 "Whatever your hand finds to do, do it with all your might, for in the realm of the dead, where you are going, there is neither working nor planning nor knowledge nor wisdom."

Julie
    :D

I will run by fabric store on way home Friday after work, pick up some boy theme material. Check back later to see what you find out on the head count.

Comment

Mailing 5 cases today, 3 definitely for boys and the other 2 good for young boys, Thomas the Train and a cartoon computer guy. Will post photos as soon as I learn how to add them from my new camera.

Love the photo of the girls with their pillowcases, their big happy smiles says it all.

Comment

I have an abundance of boy fabric....I will make some more...for you..
        Priscilla Lujan
        Los Angeles, CA:icon_cool:

Comment

Just now got a chance, and well enough to get involved in this. I will get some boy ones made this week and sent to you.
          Blankets wrap you in warmth, quilts wrap you in love

Marilyn......
          sigpic

Comment

God works in mysterious ways, after I posted the first message in this thread, the Fed Ex man showed up with a huge box of pillowcases. I had enough for the 2nd school for the boys. So now......I spoke with the principal of the last school that I want to donate to, they are actually pre-K-4th with over 500 students. I well have enough to give for the girls, but I don't have enough boys by any stretch. I have maybe 20-30 boys pillowcases. I will count them when she gets me the list.
            Thanks to all!!!! HUGS!

Ecclesiastes 9:10 "Whatever your hand finds to do, do it with all your might, for in the realm of the dead, where you are going, there is neither working nor planning nor knowledge nor wisdom."

Julie

Comment

Mailing 8 pillowcases to you today. All boy themed.

Comment

Thanks MayinJerset! I got yours today! ((HUGS))

Julie

Comment

5 shipping today.
                  Blankets wrap you in warmth, quilts wrap you in love

Marilyn......
                  sigpic

Comment

Deleted comment
                    Barbara
                    http://www.etsy.com/shop/CraftySweetPeas

Comment

Hi, I just joined.. are you still in need of pillowcases? I can do some boy ones.

And an unrelated question.. I put a photo in my profile area, but it never shows up with my name when I post at groups, etc. Does anyone know why?

Carol

Comment

Pillowcases for Louisiana's kids

About this Group

This group was created as a base for communication for volunteers that would like to make some kids pillowcases for the smallest flood victims of the August 2016 south Louisiana flooding.
                      Type: Public
                      Topics: 22
                      Comments: 98

Latest Group Topics

Collapse

Working...
                      X