Pillowcases for Louisiana's kids

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A HUGE THANK YOU TO ALL!!

I just want to thank each one of you who have sent pillowcases for this drive. Between this forum and another Facebook quilter's site, I presently have almost 600 pillowcases in my guest room to be tagged and sorted! School has started for Livingston Parish last Monday, my teacher friend is currently getting together a head count of boys and girls. I have asked a teacher from French Settlement to do the same! I will give each school this week to get settled into their 2nd first week of school this year, then my friend and I will take them to the schools next week. I just cannot express how thrilled I am to have met and exceeded the goal. I have decided that if there are any leftover and not enough for an entire classroom, I am going to donate them to a child advocate at a CPS office locally. It will be a nice gift of comfort for a child that has to be taken out of their homes for whatever reason. Thank you all again! Your generosity will be a blessing to a child and you will be blessed in return!
    "She who dies with the most fabric wins"

Ecclesiastes 9:10 "Whatever your hand finds to do, do it with all your might, for in the realm of the dead, where you are going, there is neither working nor planning nor knowledge nor wisdom."

Julie
    :D

That is great news, Julie!
    "I'm putting together a list of 100 reasons why I am NOT relentless!" - Sue Heck, The Middle

Leonard: For God's sake, Sheldon, do I have to hold up a sarcasm sign every time I open my mouth?
    Sheldon (intrigued): You have a sarcasm sign?

Comment

I forgot to take pics of mine...I guess I'll open the box then send them.
      Barbara
      http://www.etsy.com/shop/CraftySweetPeas

Comment

I don't know why I can't add pictures where the other pictures are...?
        Barbara
        http://www.etsy.com/shop/CraftySweetPeas

Comment

Pillowcases for Louisiana's kids

About this Group

This group was created as a base for communication for volunteers that would like to make some kids pillowcases for the smallest flood victims of the August 2016 south Louisiana flooding.
        Type: Public
        Topics: 22
        Comments: 98

Latest Group Topics

Collapse

Working...
        X