Pillowcases for Louisiana's kids

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's a small world! ! ! !

The local Guild had a sew-in today. Some came early - others came late. There were quilt "kits" already made up - these ladies were really prepared and organized. I was not a guild member but thought I would take the opportunity to sew some up (with fabric I had brought with me) for the project we have going here. I told the president and she was OK with mine not being combined with theirs.

The session was scheduled to end at 3. Around 2:30 she got everyone's attention and said she received a photo of a pillowcase being presented to one of the boys. Lo and behold - the pillowcases they were making are going to the same Julie at the same address where ours are being mailed!

So when Julie gets the box from the Pine Needle Guild in Jacksonville, NC there will be a separate package of 6 that can be credited to the M* forum. I'll post a pic as soon as I get it downloaded from the phone. Fabric was a donation from Irene (mamo69) and my husband. Oh, since the guild is very active and friendly - I'm their newest member!

How cool is that! It sounds like a fun afternoon.
    "I'm putting together a list of 100 reasons why I am NOT relentless!" - Sue Heck, The Middle

Leonard: For God's sake, Sheldon, do I have to hold up a sarcasm sign every time I open my mouth?
    Sheldon (intrigued): You have a sarcasm sign?

Comment

That is so cool! I belong to a small Facebook group of quilters from all over the US, We have all become friends, even though we have never met. They have stepped up and got guilds and shops to make some pillowcases. I was told a figure of about 200 pillowcases will be coming from up there. If so, that will put us really close to the 350 that we will need. So exciting!! I am happy that this is all coming together for these kids! Thank you all once again!
      "She who dies with the most fabric wins"

Ecclesiastes 9:10 "Whatever your hand finds to do, do it with all your might, for in the realm of the dead, where you are going, there is neither working nor planning nor knowledge nor wisdom."

Julie
      :D

Comment

I know that the box you get will be a heavy one ... those ladies were cranking them out. Some even worked on an assembly line. One pins, the other sews, another "un-burrito's" (? new word ?) and then off to Connie F. (your FB pal) and another member so they could serge the seams. She's even finishing mine!

I also know that this grouping is only the first to get shipped. Some who couldn't sew today took kits home .... dedication, I tell ya!

Comment

I am so excited! Connie headed it all up for me! She is awesome for doing it for us! I owe her big time!! That's what my friend and I have done.....one does the "sausage" and the other presses and french seams. I thought about the serger, but too much flipping back and forth for me.
          "She who dies with the most fabric wins"

Ecclesiastes 9:10 "Whatever your hand finds to do, do it with all your might, for in the realm of the dead, where you are going, there is neither working nor planning nor knowledge nor wisdom."

Julie
          :D

Comment

Pillowcases for Louisiana's kids

About this Group

This group was created as a base for communication for volunteers that would like to make some kids pillowcases for the smallest flood victims of the August 2016 south Louisiana flooding.
          Type: Public
          Topics: 22
          Comments: 98

Latest Group Topics

Collapse

Working...
          X