Pillowcases for Louisiana's kids

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Please read

My friend that teaches in the Frost Elementary School has brought to my attention that the kids in the school are pre-k through 8 grade. In rural Louisiana that's how the elementary schools are, so they can put most of the community children in one school, then when it is time for high school, the go to the nearest town. I mis spoke when I said up to 6th grade. And boys pillowcases are a need. super heroes, star wars, camouflage, stuff like that would be great for the older boys. Thanks again for your help!
    "She who dies with the most fabric wins"

Ecclesiastes 9:10 "Whatever your hand finds to do, do it with all your might, for in the realm of the dead, where you are going, there is neither working nor planning nor knowledge nor wisdom."

Julie
    :D

I have two Star Wars (thanks to mamo69 fabric donation) pillow cases coming & a sports ball themed one for the boys.
    "I'm putting together a list of 100 reasons why I am NOT relentless!" - Sue Heck, The Middle

Leonard: For God's sake, Sheldon, do I have to hold up a sarcasm sign every time I open my mouth?
    Sheldon (intrigued): You have a sarcasm sign?

Comment

I also received some grey/black/white Star Wars fabric from mamo (Irene). Because of the way the fabric is printed I may only be able to get one full case but will have enough left over for some cuffs. Sewing on Monday - but the Star wars may come later - need to find some sort of matching fabric that can be used for the cases.

Comment

I was thinking that the older boys might need some, so I just got some fabric with sports themes and skateboarding themes. Since I have two boys, that's the direction my thinking went. :-)

Comment

Judy, I posted a picture of the Star Wars pillowcases that I made. Maybe that will help with color ideas. I just dug through my scraps and finally found a few pieces to match.
          "I'm putting together a list of 100 reasons why I am NOT relentless!" - Sue Heck, The Middle

Leonard: For God's sake, Sheldon, do I have to hold up a sarcasm sign every time I open my mouth?
          Sheldon (intrigued): You have a sarcasm sign?

Comment

Thanks girls!!!!
            "She who dies with the most fabric wins"

Ecclesiastes 9:10 "Whatever your hand finds to do, do it with all your might, for in the realm of the dead, where you are going, there is neither working nor planning nor knowledge nor wisdom."

Julie
            :D

Comment

Pillowcases for Louisiana's kids

About this Group

This group was created as a base for communication for volunteers that would like to make some kids pillowcases for the smallest flood victims of the August 2016 south Louisiana flooding.
            Type: Public
            Topics: 22
            Comments: 98

Latest Group Topics

Collapse

Working...
            X