Pillowcases for Louisiana's kids

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Goals

My first goal will be the Montessori Preschool where my daughter is a teacher. She is getting me a head count of the children that flooded.
    It should not be more than 12-20 kids there.
    My 2nd goal will be for Frost Elementary School in rural Livingston Parish where 90% of the students that are presently enrolled have family homes that flooded. There will be more to come whenever school starts back up for that parish. They will be busing students from schools needing more clean up and supplies to Frost. There are presently 350 kids registered at Frost.
    Once I get those 2 locations taken care of and there are more pillowcases, I will assess another location for a need.
    Once again, Thank you for your generous donations of time and fabric!
    "She who dies with the most fabric wins"

Ecclesiastes 9:10 "Whatever your hand finds to do, do it with all your might, for in the realm of the dead, where you are going, there is neither working nor planning nor knowledge nor wisdom."

Julie
    :D

Thanks for taking on this task! It's nice to know exactly where they will be going.

Comment

I'm so glad you have the contacts for distribution. It might be good to keep a count of how many you give out. I have another package going out to you tomorrow.
      sigpicwww.whisperofrose.blogspot.com

Scottie Mom Barb

Comment

Tomorrow the first batch will go out to Montessori and Me preschool here in Ponchatoula, La and the location in Hammond, La. 12 total, with 4 going to the Hammond School and the rest to the Ponchatoula school. I tried to post pics of the ones I sent out, but could not get them to load with my I Phone. Will try that again tomorrow, I had my 18 mo old granddaughter with me today so you can imagine how much I could do! I will also post pics of the school receiving them. Just so you guys can put faces with the project. I know we are all working hard for this and all efforts whether big or small or appreciated!

Ecclesiastes 9:10 "Whatever your hand finds to do, do it with all your might, for in the realm of the dead, where you are going, there is neither working nor planning nor knowledge nor wisdom."

Julie

Comment

great idea to post photos from the school, we did that when we delivered with 9/11 quilts to NYCity firehouses. You're doing a wonderful job, so organized and trying to reach as many kids as possible.

Comment

I wanted you all who are and have donated to put faces to the recipients, so you can see that your hard work means a lot to these kids!

Julie

Comment

Pillowcases for Louisiana's kids

About this Group

This group was created as a base for communication for volunteers that would like to make some kids pillowcases for the smallest flood victims of the August 2016 south Louisiana flooding.
            Type: Public
            Topics: 22
            Comments: 98

Latest Group Topics

Collapse

Working...
            X