No announcement yet.

Needy Keikies/Children of Waianae, Hawaii

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's raining Gifts for the Keikies of Waianae...this time from MeeMeeCyn/Cynthia!

Mahalo Dear Cynthia, what an Angel you are!

We're going to have an 8 year old girl who is going to be so pretty in her long dress. Do need to make some more size 8 dresses before Xmas, got to put that on the Project Calendar... The little one's dress is adorable as well plus the "Slippers" with hearts! What girl can pass those up?

The boys are going to love the Nike shirts! Have some extra denim shorts that need shirts, will match them up. Boxers always good!

Bless you for thinking of the children here on the Island. They are such a special predicament out here, it warms our heart that you all understand and care about them as well.

Huggers from all of us here in Makaha Valley!
    sigpic Visit my fabric shopping cart YardageALaCarte.com - PM me for a 25% Off your Total Purchase Code, just mention "The Forum" in your message. Huggers, Ruby

Comment

My pleasure, Ruby! I hope to try and sew up a couple of sundresses! I can 'practice' on my 2 darling grandgirls first. Have never done much clothes sewing, but it is a good time to start. Thank you for helping the kiddoes of Makaha Valley. You are an inspiration to us all.
      Cynthia

Comment

Sherry, I'm glad I tracked you down and you joined the group.

Mahalo for the cute rompers/dress for the girls. Kat use to love wearing rompers when she was little, could go on the monkey bars and not show her "chonies" (undies). lol

Then the boys shorts and shirts, I'm sure someone is going to beg for the Angry Bird T-Shirt. . All are going to be a big hit and make the boys look handsome!

Thanks again and blessings for joining in with this cause. Hope to see more of you on the Forum, I know you read more than post but we would all like to get to know you better.

Huggers, Ruby and Don

Photos are in the group Album.
        sigpic Visit my fabric shopping cart YardageALaCarte.com - PM me for a 25% Off your Total Purchase Code, just mention "The Forum" in your message. Huggers, Ruby

Comment

Ruby
          thanks for posting the pictures. I know this is a lot of work for you. Thanks for all you do!
          Sherry

Comment

Mahalo to Hulamoon/Lorie,

You sent such cute dresses from your Etsy store! Adorable plus the girl T-shirts and the two jean overall dresses, over the top!

The boy T-shirts are going be great because Jean is making a bunch of shorts, I gave her the sizes so she has an idea what is needed to make sets.

I'll be posting photos tomorrow, got to run to the store and get AA batteries. Don't know why it's always when you need to take those shots that the camera goes dark!!

Much Aloha and huggers from Don and I.

Comment

Also in todays mail from Esgramma/Linda and Les, a box came full of boys and girls close along with a nice card from her.

Thank you for being another Cyber Angel amongst us. It does our hearts so much good that there are like people out there in the world who care about children and others as much as we do. Who understand that it doesn't matter how much but where it comes from...The Heart!

As Don is meeting more local people (he's out more than I am, I'm indoors...always sewing, designing on the computer) he'll find out where more folks who's children are in need. He'll take me to the areas when we go shopping. It's amazing how you can go one or two blocks over and there is such an extreme difference in living conditions here. Very sad. However, with your help and others on this forum, we can make a difference.

Mahalo and huggers from Don, Ruby, the Keikies/Church of Waianae!

Comment

Mahalo to Carol and her DH send a second box of goodies for the children of Waianae!

After the last two weeks of heartaches within our own family, this box couldn't have arrived at a better time to lift my spirits. Nothing like stroking super cute little kids clothes that are going to such needy children to take your mind off your own problems.

Now you need to know that Carol has been dealing with hip problems and going shopping isn't easy for her. Yet DH and her went out looking for deals for the Keikies. Oh my, these Skorts are too cute! Reminds of when my own Kat was little, gee she is a mom of three at 28! lol

Thank you so much, you made my day and Don in two ways, one for the children and two for seeing me be cheerful/excited.

Blessings and Huggers, Ruby and Don

Comment

A shout out to Karen, who's box of goodies arrived for the children of Waianae. Friday was like Xmas at the Schmers mailbox, well actually Reno the mailman came up the 15th floor and did a drop off. He had to relay a message from the Waianae Postmaster and staff. They want to tell all the Aunties on the Mainland how much "Aloha" they have for them for showing that they care for the Keikies here on the Island!

That's because there were boxes from Karen, Cindy, Lonna and Marilyn! I'm trying to get photos taken and posted today of them all between getting Don ready for his flight tonight. Let's also hope my camera battery doesn't die.

Shots of Karen's deals are in the Album! The kids are going to be styling!!

Thank you again from the bottom of our hearts, Don, Ruby, the children and Church of Waianae

PS Also thank you for your continued prayers for Matt, Kat and the children.

Comment

Mahalo Lonna & Wayne, we can't thank you enough for another box of new clothing for the Keikies of Waianae!!! You have such hardship going on in your own lifes yet you find the time and money to reach out to the children who have so little. You warm our hearts and give faith that there people who care about others!

Lonna, you find the cutest things on clearance. The prices are beyond amazing!

Photos are in the Album...take a look they are amazing!

While Don is in Calif, I will be meeting with a State agency who has build a new building here in Waianae on the main street (right next to it is a lot where quite a few homeless have set up a camp). I'm trying to get a lockable space/distribution address to reach the children in the food programs.

Our cop friend who works the Waianae beat keeps telling me to go into Social Works, but the Red Tape would probably do me in! LOL

I always said if I won the lotto, I'd get on the first Cruise Ship out then come back, do what I do for a Non-Profit and open a Children's Home/pay people great salaries to do a great, loving job!

To bad there's no lotto here on the Island.

Lonna/Wayne, thank you for all your love to the children!! Blessings this Holiday Season to you and yours!

Ruby, Don, The Keikies and Church of Waianae

Comment

I received a PM from Cindy that she had hit the Online Clearance Sale at JC Penny's and that a package was on it's way to Makaha Valley for the Keikies of Waianae. She felt blessed with her life and wanted the children to have some wonderful new clothes for Christmas.

It was like Christmas for us when we opened up the packages, T-shirts and Shorts for the Boys, Tops and Leggings of the Girls! TG on the leggings, too! I need to practice some more on working with knits, not giving my two that I did! Oy. lol

Cindy, Mahalo!! The children will look adorable! Don and I thank you for sharing the passion of this cause!

Blessings this Holiday Season to you and yours! Love, Ruby and Don

PS Photos are in the Album - Must look...Cute outfits!

Comment

Many thanks to our Jean for sending a package with new clothing for the Keikies. I'm late posting photos...me bad!

Jean heard my request for leggings, yea whooo, she picked up a bunch of them in all kinds of sizes! A super cute dress too!

The boys got some slick sport shorts and swim gear, tshirts. They will be styling.

The photos are in the album above, wish they could be in here.

Mahalo dear Jean, the Keikies/Church/Don and I love you for your big heart! Merry Christmas & A Happy New Year!!

Comment

Dear Cyber Angels, with Matt's health issues in November through January I haven't posted an update on the Christmas distribution of the Keikies Christmas Clothing Presentation. We were able to hand out:

49 Complete Girl Outfits with Slippers (Flip Flops)
                          47 Complete Boy Outfits with Slippers (Flip Flops) or Water Socks
                          96 Total - That is 84 more than our personal commitment of 12!

We can't thank you all for your support these last 5 months. You are all wonderful Cyber Angels to the Keikies of Waianae.

There are still some shorts, leggings, shirts that don't match up size wise, as we sell off our odds and ends that we will not be crating up, we'll make one more shopping trip. I have my spreadsheet with the remaining clothes/sizes/colors...ready to hit the sales racks.

Mahalo for helping our Church and neighborhood children.
                          Huggers, Ruby and Don

Comment

We also gave 17 Gently Used sets plus about 25 individual pieces to the Emergency Closet of the Waianae Police Department, our good friend Eddie is a police officer at that station. He's been an officer for over 25 years on the Honolulu force, his family does a lot for the community.

Again our thanks to all of you who have participated in this great cause dear to our hearts.

Huggers and love, Ruby and Don and the Keikies of Makaha/Waianae.

Comment

Needy Keikies/Children of Waianae, Hawaii

About this Group

We are collecting clothing to ship to Church of Waianae for the Christmas Celebration - Ext. Deadline: Nov. 30, 2013

Please note change: New Clothing or Machine Sewn Clothing Only...Thank You!

Mailing Address:

Ruby & Don Schmer
                            1720 Mars Hill Rd. 3-866
                            Acworth, GA 30101

- - - - - - -

This is an ongoing group to help the homeless or under-privilage children of Waianae, Hawaii. This particular area of Oahu is located out in the country and is the poorest area county of Honolulu/Oahu.

Our church is having a hard time collecting clothing and shoes for the children that attend our parrish. Since we're on a rock in the middle of the ocean, our resources are limited.

Some of the MSQC Angels have made pillowcase dresses, simple elastic boy shorts, others find clearance sales, some send $5 PayLess Shoes gift cards.

This is our local charity project that is dear to our hearts as we see the little ones regularly at our church.

Huggers, Ruby
                            Type: Public
                            Topics: 4
                            Comments: 29

Latest Group Topics

Collapse

Working...
                            X