Needy Keikies/Children of Waianae, Hawaii

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mahalo - Thank You!

Just a refresher of the Mahalo for the Clothing for the Keikies here in Waianae on Oahu. It will be so exciting to put these outfits together for the Holiday push.

So far we're received Lonna's new super sales gift package of boys shorts and swim shorts! Brought tears to our eyes! We never, never find sales like that here 'cause we need summer clothes year around. 24/Months and 3 & 4Ts, high demand sizes. Wonderful!!

Jessie's box was a mix of new and gently used boys clothes in 7/8 sizes. Shorts and Ts. The boys are going to be super thrilled and styling. Jess also included patterns that the experienced sewing Aunties of the Church can used to sew up boy shorts. I will be copying some smaller sizes. I haven't mastered the speed in making those, hopeless actually, give me a simple little girl's dress any day. lol

Miss Candy is making Pillowcase and Peasant dresses for the girls. You can see a couple of them in the Photo Album. Super cute!

Brenda/Quiltlover - Has done some shopping and has a box on the way. A variety of things are in there...Can't wait to see what's in there.

Monique - Sent in $40 for a shopping trip! OMG about fainted!! Shirts to go with the shorts that Lonna sent, that's what will be first at hand. Double checking the sizes of each of the shorts (jeans & plaids) then Don's driving me tomorrow to the big store in Pearl City. Hehe

Thank you from the bottom of our hearts, this means so much to us and the Church, Keikies and their parents or family members who are taking care of them.

Blessings to you all, Ruby and Don
    sigpic Visit my fabric shopping cart YardageALaCarte.com - PM me for a 25% Off your Total Purchase Code, just mention "The Forum" in your message. Huggers, Ruby

Ruby,
    I am mailing 2 large priority boxes to you tomorrow. One is for girls and one is for boys. I will make my weekly Wal Mart run tomorrow and I won't forget to check out the kids clearance clothes. Last week I got some little summer dresses for $2.00 each and they are so cute! I so enjoy helping these children and I thank you for giving me the chance to do so!
    Hugs,
    Candy

Comment

I'm already starting on my next shipment. LOL It's so fun to see what great buys I can find for so little. Not so much fun shopping for myself...I'm retired and don't need new clothes so much now. I went into a Dollar General the other day and saw a couple of racks of clothing out front marked at $3 per item. Picked up a couple of little dresses that are cute as pie. Then at the local Good Will at little boy's shirt for $2 or less. Too Fun! It looked brand new.
      Brenda

Comment

Will ship what I have already accumulated this coming week. I still have a lot more to get , put have a pretty good dent in it.
        Blankets wrap you in warmth, quilts wrap you in love

Marilyn......
        sigpic

Comment

You warm my heart when I read these messages as I drink my morning coffee!

Like I said, our sales are the standard ones you see in your Target/Walmart flyers. The kids clothes don't make it to the Clearance Rack unless they are damaged.

Huggers, Ruby
          sigpic Visit my fabric shopping cart YardageALaCarte.com - PM me for a 25% Off your Total Purchase Code, just mention "The Forum" in your message. Huggers, Ruby

Comment

Brenda,
            I am working on my next shipment too. I got a great buy on some boys short sets at Wal Mart yesterday. I didn't think about looking at Dollar General. Thanks for giving me that idea. I will have to check them out next week.

Comment

Mahalo Carol/SewBizzy, got your beautiful card with your check for $20 to get shoes at PayLess to complete the girls outfits! This is sooo exciting to do for you, I know that you're having a hard time with walking. Prayers that this will ease up for you.

What a great joy this is for us to be able to do whole outfit this year for groups of children!!!

Mahalo to another Cyber Angel!

Huggers and Prayers, Ruby and Don on a rock in the middle of the ocean.

Comment

Met a wonderful couple at the craft fair that gave me 8 pillow case dresses to send to you. Gave her the info on the forum and the group. It just amazes me what total strangers will do. I was just admiring her cute little dresses and was telling her about the kids in Hawaii, and boom, she just hands me 8 dresses. Does a heart good to know that there are still good and generous folks out there.
                Blankets wrap you in warmth, quilts wrap you in love

Marilyn......
                sigpic

Comment

I read your other post on the main thread. I'm amazed as well at the love the cause is receiving. Glorious as Blondie would say.

Comment

Ruby, I am so happy to be able to participate in some small way...I will still check out the sales here and get a package off to you as soon as I can...Hugs and Blessings
                    Carol

Sewing Mends The Soul ~ Author Unknown

Comment

Ohhhhh Candy, your boxes got here!

You've been busy! I counted 9 Peasant Dresses and 11 Pillowcase Dresses and a bunch of dresses, undies, sockes and a couple of pairs of shoes for the girls. Candy's dresses are just too cute and finished off sooo nicely too. They will hold up nicely in the wash.

Then the boys box has T-shirts, swim trunks, shorts, a pair of "slippers" and water sock shoes!

It is overwhelming how much you made and how much you were to cram into those boxes! lol

The girls are in the Album, the boys will have to be tomorrow. My camera batteries died and need to be recharged...overworked. lol

Mahalo from Don and I. The Keikies will be jumping up and down from joy!

Comment

Ruby,
                        I'm glad to know the boxes made it to you. I am working on craming another box full for the boys lol. Well you know the USPS says if it fits it ships so I am going to fit all I can in each box lol.
                        Hugs
                        Candy

Comment

Our dear Jess1377/Jessica sent me an extra Accuquilt die she had as she knew I used my Valentine's and Mother's Day money finally for one and actually placed the ordered a couple weeks ago. Jessica was so sweet, she send her second batch of clothes for the Keikies of Waianae as well. She's not only a Cyber Angel for the Keikies but for Baby Luke's I.Heart.Luke fundraiser too.

I can't say it enough that this Forum is special as it has created so many friends, friends who have become family across state lines, country lines, across the pond, down under, in chilly Canada. It's amazing the love that folks are showing each other.

Here are the pictures of boy goodies for the Keikies. The boys will love them!!

Comment

Mahalo to Brenda and your dear Hubby! You two had fun shopping for the children.

Don and I had fun opening the box and laying things out to take the photos. We were in shock and just kept saying how blessed the children are this year to have such wonderful "Aunties & Uncles" on the Mainland.

To have something new and clean to wear for the Holiday will be amazing for these children!

Now Miss Brenda threw in a super cute dress and two piece set pattern along with white seersucker, lavender with white polka dots cotton, purple cotton fabrics. After Baby Luke's quilt I will be busy perfecting my assembly line skills on this pattern. It cracks Don up when I do the dresses, 'cause I try to beat my time with each one. This is hard for me with my OCD. lol

Again our thanks and blessing to you and yours for joining the Keikies of Waianae group. You are a Cyber Angel!

Huggers, Ruby, Don, Keikies/Church of Waianae

PS: Photos are in the Album as they can't be added into this message.

Comment

I found the group and have joined. I picked up some clothes at Wal mart clearance for $2-$3. I found some clothes at salvation army thrift store for
                              50 cents. I will check them out again on sat.
                              Sherry

Comment

Needy Keikies/Children of Waianae, Hawaii

About this Group

We are collecting clothing to ship to Church of Waianae for the Christmas Celebration - Ext. Deadline: Nov. 30, 2013

Please note change: New Clothing or Machine Sewn Clothing Only...Thank You!

Mailing Address:

Ruby & Don Schmer
                              1720 Mars Hill Rd. 3-866
                              Acworth, GA 30101

- - - - - - -

This is an ongoing group to help the homeless or under-privilage children of Waianae, Hawaii. This particular area of Oahu is located out in the country and is the poorest area county of Honolulu/Oahu.

Our church is having a hard time collecting clothing and shoes for the children that attend our parrish. Since we're on a rock in the middle of the ocean, our resources are limited.

Some of the MSQC Angels have made pillowcase dresses, simple elastic boy shorts, others find clearance sales, some send $5 PayLess Shoes gift cards.

This is our local charity project that is dear to our hearts as we see the little ones regularly at our church.

Huggers, Ruby
                              Type: Public
                              Topics: 4
                              Comments: 29

Latest Group Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X